Pondering a new purchase. Help me spend money!

Scrappydue

So as you all know I have the cinema gear now. Extremely efficient. With that being said I'm hoping soon to get something xt32 based. I have debated the x4000 and 4520 as well as the 7702? Whatever new marantz one. Their numbers confuse me. Anyways as much as I try to talk myself into think an avr will cut it I can't imagine not at least amping my front three. My sherbourn amp is fantastic however with the high gain and the efficiency if the kpt's their is hiss. I WANT IT GONE! I have quieted down the room a lot so the hiss is more noticeable to me.

So let's talk Avr's and let's talk amps. I know everyone here likes helping others spend money.

Which receiver?

Amp possibilities I was thinking?

Something b&k?

Outlaw monoblocks X3

Acurus?

I want quiet and at least 200 watts.

Ready GO!

I also think something Class D will help with the his. My Yamaha amps never made a hiss but, the Acurus has an energy surg sound when I cut the system on. It is a high current amp. I could have made that point without being so wordy. In other words, the power design of the amp contributes to the problem. Wyred 4 sound makes some nice Class D amp but, no XT 32. You could forget about Auddysee and get a Mini DSP if you are concerned with subwoofer integration.

Edited by derrickdj1

See I'm not a fan of pioneer at all. I prefer audyssey much more.

Yeah it's easily audible at the listening position.

I'm not sure why class d would matter with the hiss. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the high gain structure of the sherbourn. I had the hiss with the thx ultra but couldn't hear it at the listening position at all.

Might look into the wyred for sound.

Edited by Scrappydue

Based on your posts, you are much more of a "audiophile" than me. Just thought I would toss my two cents into the ring.

With that said, I almost bought the X4000. I would wait just a little longer, the new X4100 is right around the corner.

Or at least get the X4000 at a discount. Acessories 4 Less has refurbished X4000's for $799

Edited by K5SS

an old AVR can be used as an AMP, using the pre-outs; I'm using 2 of them;

IF you split the Surround signal in 2 with Y RCA cables, you can run 4 Surround speakers, 2 Surround & 2 as Surround Back.

Then the X4000 can run up to 7 channels: L,R,C, Wide & Front Height...

I'm not sure why class d would matter with the hiss.
A noise floor that you can't hear from the listening position and doesn't change with volume setting. Sounds like a feature right up your alley.

I'd measure voltages before opening your wallet any further for monos.

Scrappy,

For home theater, I have no hesitation to suggest an Onkyo or Integra pre/pro or one of their XT32 receivers. Can't suggest the Marantz or Denon due to my lack of experience with their HT gear. I would also suggest the NAD T175HD or newer T187 pre/pros but they "only" have MultEQ XT.

For amps, Acurus A200x3 or Anthem MCA-30 three channels all day long if all you need is to drive your front soundstage(receiver/amp). Very neutral, dead quiet, reliable, detailed and excellent bass drive. Average price $350 to $400 for Acurus, $600 to $800 for Anthem but could be cheaper or more $$$ because it is still a current model.

Bill

With such efficient speakers,no hesitation here with the A100x3 for your L-C-R.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150107-klipsch-quartets-acurus-a100x3-amp-and-acurus-act3-pre-amp-for-sale/page-2#entry1752248

When this amp left my house it was in great condition and I am sure it looks and performs the same now.

Bill

I use Marantz separates in my HT (with KLF 30's as mains) and it is a wonderful combination. Marantz and Klipsch go well together. The difference between my current setup and my old Denon avr is like night and day. Highly recommended. Good luck in your adventure.