What would change in your setup if you won the lottery?

Scrappydue

If I won the lottery I think I would just begin by getting quotes from my favorite bands and just have them come over every couple months to perform live.

I bet I could get Peter Gabriel to come over when there isn't a scheduling conflict for somewhere around 50k

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Don't know if I would change my set up itself as much as the room. As much as I love my house I would want to make it a little different. I would build me a new house with a room that sets up better for a 7.1 set up. I have a large room now, 18x23, but the way it's laid out I can't set up 7.1, only 5.1. The tv and couch are along the longer walls so the distance to the tv is 18 ft. I can't move it along the shorter walls because on one side is the stairs and on the other is the front door and an adjacent window. Wife says it would look ugly on either one.

Edited by Loudnobnoxious
  • Like 1

Don't know if I would change my set up itself as much as the room. As much as I love my house I would want to make it a little different. I would build me a new house with a room that sets up better for a 7.1 set up. I have a large room now, 18x23, but the way it's laid out I can't set up 7.1, only 5.1. The tv and couch are along the longer walls so the distance to the tv is 18 ft. I can't move it along the shorter walls because on one side is the stairs and on the other is the front door and an adjacent window. Wife says it would look ugly on either one.

My room is of similar size and layout and I have room for 7.1... and two rows!

Guest Steven1963

If I won the lottery I think I would have a whole new set of hobbies that would pre-occupy my time. HT or 2CH would eventually enter into the equation down the road...a few years. After I got bored with my yacht and um, plane.

Guest Steven1963

If I won the lottery I think I would just begin by getting quotes from my favorite bands and just have them come over every couple months to perform live.

I bet I could get Peter Gabriel to come over when there isn't a scheduling conflict for somewhere around 50k

For 25k I'll dress up like him and lip-sync.

Deal?

"Hi There"

(music intro)

"I'm on my way I'm makin' it....BIG TIME!"

Edited by Steven1963

Do you mind elaborating or perhaps a picture or two? Thanks.

I would buy this to get the ball rolling

villanonna-stjohn-01.jpg

A couple of these, just to take care of the Villa of course....

41cktvUWh%2BL._SY300_.jpg

Then buy this

Klipsch headquarters.jpg

And then hire about half the guys on the board here that have enormous amounts of passion for Klipsch products and tremendous ideas for future development.

I think that you and your money would part ways rather quickly if you did this.

Do you mind elaborating or perhaps a picture or two? Thanks.

Lots of pics in my sig...

My first row is ten feet from the front wall, perfect for TV and immersive for projection. With the room 18+ feet deep, there's room for a second row behind. Side surround speakers on the side walls and rear surround speakers in the back wall, all far away from the front row so no speaker is ever screaming into your ear.

I would buy this to get the ball rolling

Taking applications for a housekeeper that doesn't look like the pic. I do windows ?

I have already changed my mind. Hey its going to be tough being a Gazillionaire. Im keeping it real too. These are just the 40K a week villas on St. John

Either this one

stjohn-kismet--02.jpg

Helicopter view

st-john-rentals-kismet-162176-f.jpg

Or this one

a-la-mer-183835-f.jpg

1dffb211f0974d11986a76ebccd4decb.jpg

Edited by Max2
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Nice, but I like the view from the first one, OK I am taking back my application for housekeeper, will work for food (and some drinks) to live there, it's all I would need. Can I watch the housekeepers work ?

That first house, I could just sit there for a week just looking out with a drink in my hand while the music plays, after that week I will make it to the beach.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I would buy several used CDs from Amazon.com :huh:

Greedy your not, dream high, you deserve it, live large get brand new CD's !

One of Max's house keepers would be handy also.

• Like 1

I would buy several used CDs from Amazon.com :huh:

Greedy your not, dream high, you deserve it, live large get brand new CD's !

One of Max's house keepers would be handy also.

I hope either of them would be more than handy. Doh....you said it first! :lol:

Nice, but I like the view from the first one, OK I am taking back my application for housekeeper, will work for food (and some drinks) to live there, it's all I would need. Can I watch the housekeepers work ?

That first house, I could just sit there for a week just looking out with a drink in my hand while the music plays, after that week I will make it to the beach.

Here you go. Hey we can dream right?

http://www.villasofdistinction.com/villas/st-john/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=+st_+john_+villa&cm_mmc=Paid_Search-_-VDD-Google-_-Nonbranded-_-+st_+john_+villa-b&gclid=CI-r8Y6F3b8CFQQQ7AodigwAOg&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is you Dtel. It used to be the baddest on the island, but some of the newly built pads are very close to its equal IMO. Presidio Del Mar It cost 25m to build. It was on the market for 32M and it sold for 12M in 2011. Someone got a steal so to speak.

This thing sprawls forever and you can be Kenny Chesney's neighbor.

I maxed out on the number of pics for the thread, but obviously this place drips of filth.

PresidioDelMarFromBeach3FS.jpg

1.jpg

Presidio-del-Mar-MG-1892ps.jpg

3910_presidio9.jpg

3910_presidio10.jpg

St-John-bar.jpg

PresidioDelMarPool1.jpg

PresidioDR.jpg

3910_presidio13_l.jpg

PresidioDelMarAerial1-3FS.jpg

Edited by Max2

• Moderators
Here you go. Hey we can dream right?

Sure, thanks I bookmarked it, why I don't know but I did. :D

I wouldn't want something that fancy even if I could afford it, but it's some amazing homes. I would want a nice simple party house where I could have friends over with a little space to lay back, If I invited friends over to one of those places they would never leave !