Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

Youthman

• Moderators

Thanks guys. I know he appreciates it. He originally was trying to hold off until after building my front wall but the pain is getting really bad. He needs to get it done now before there is any permanent damage.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Wake picked up the Rough Cut Red Oak. It has been skip planed for grading only.

Good looking wood, rough cut Red Oak is one of my favorites. My friend cut down a giant Red Oak in his yard (beetles) and we hauled to a sawmill. I planed it for him and he gave me enough to build an entertainment center, beautiful wood.

• Like 2

Just wanted to give an update.....Youthman's HT 2.0 will be placed on hold for several months. My good friend Wakejunkie has to have a vertebrae in his neck fused on Sept 3rd and will likely be unable to begin for several months after the surgery. Sure hate it for him. I'm not concerned about the delay in the HT one bit as his health is more important than any project we could work on together.

Michael,

I am very sorry to hear that. Good health and speedy recovery of your best bud easily trumps worldly pleasures.

Prayers and well wishes for Wake.

Bill

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Just an update....Wakejunkie's neck fusion surgery went very well and he is on the road to a complete recovery.  It will still be a few months before the Dr. will release him to begin construction on the redesign. 

Since my last update, I purchased a second RSW-15 in Maple finish and posted details in this thread.  Since this is part of the new build, I thought I would include the photos here as well.

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-1.JPG

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-2.JPG

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-3.JPG

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-4.JPG

• Like 5

Just an update....Wakejunkie's neck fusion surgery went very well and he is on the road to a complete recovery.  It will still be a few months before the Dr. will release him to begin construction on the redesign. 

Since my last update, I purchased a second RSW-15 in Maple finish and posted details in this thread.  Since this is part of the new build, I thought I would include the photos here as well.

Needed a drool bucket before seeing this.  Very nice!  How high are the ceilings here? 

Just an update....Wakejunkie's neck fusion surgery went very well and he is on the road to a complete recovery. It will still be a few months before the Dr. will release him to begin construction on the redesign.

Since my last update, I purchased a second RSW-15 in Maple finish and posted details in this thread. Since this is part of the new build, I thought I would include the photos here as well.

Needed a drool bucket before seeing this. Very nice! How high are the ceilings here?
12 feet
  • Like 1

Just an update....Wakejunkie's neck fusion surgery went very well and he is on the road to a complete recovery. It will still be a few months before the Dr. will release him to begin construction on the redesign.

Since my last update, I purchased a second RSW-15 in Maple finish and posted details in this thread. Since this is part of the new build, I thought I would include the photos here as well.

Needed a drool bucket before seeing this. Very nice! How high are the ceilings here?
12 feet

La Scala Height channels!!

• Moderators
Beautiful setup youthman. While Wake Junkie is recovering, pop in a few movies and enjoy!

Thx Derrick, the last movie I watched recently was Need for Speed.  Sounded fantastic in the HT. 

LOL....too funny.  My ceilings are 10'.  (Scrappy....my living room and kitchen have 12' ceilings).

Now that would be funny.  I "could" mount some Heresy's as height.  :P   Speaking of Heresy's....Wakejunkie called me this Saturday to ask the value on Heresy's.  I told him typically around here, they list for around $350 - $400.  He said, "God cause I just bought a pair for $25.00".  :blink::D   He has told me more than once that he and his wife REALLY are impressed with the Heresy's.  They are now in his living room replacing his Synergy Bookshelf Speakers.  ;)

• Like 1

Beautiful setup youthman. While Wake Junkie is recovering, pop in a few movies and enjoy!

Thx Derrick, the last movie I watched recently was Need for Speed.  Sounded fantastic in the HT. 

LOL....too funny.  My ceilings are 10'.  (Scrappy....my living room and kitchen have 12' ceilings).

Now that would be funny.  I "could" mount some Heresy's as height.  :P   Speaking of Heresy's....Wakejunkie called me this Saturday to ask the value on Heresy's.  I told him typically around here, they list for around $350 - $400.  He said, "God cause I just bought a pair for $25.00".  :blink::D   He has told me more than once that he and his wife REALLY are impressed with the Heresy's.  They are now in his living room replacing his Synergy Bookshelf Speakers.  ;)

You have the height for La Scala heights too... you would have 4' between them, and i think 3' is all that is required.

• Moderators
What are you using for your animated sketch plans?

Wake drew up the room in Google Sketchup. It's a free 3d program that allows you to draw and view the design in a 3d environment.  I'm a visual person so this was EXTREMELY helpful for Wake to be able to show me design concepts to see what I liked.

You have the height for La Scala heights too... you would have 4' between them, and i think 3' is all that is required.

Don't think so my friend.  Honestly, I haven't bought into the height and wide channels yet.  Maybe one day but I feel the same way about 3D too.

• Like 1

What are you using for your animated sketch plans?

Wake drew up the room in Google Sketchup. It's a free 3d program that allows you to draw and view the design in a 3d environment.  I'm a visual person so this was EXTREMELY helpful for Wake to be able to show me design concepts to see what I liked.

Don't think so my friend.  Honestly, I haven't bought into the height and wide channels yet.  Maybe one day but I feel the same way about 3D too.

Supposedly... You can use the standard height channels for 2 of the height channels with Dolby Atmos.