Beer me, ASAP

Chad

• Moderators

It's been around for a long time, surprised I never heard of it before. The bartender said the distributor gave them boxes of plastic pitchers and said I could keep them, we brought 4 home for the bar.

Glad you liked it also, it wasn't just me, I like draft so I didn't know if that was helping.

http://www.6xale.co.uk/theBeer.html

Sensitivity to sulfites (typical beers and wines are the culprits) and resulting headaches make most not worth imbibing, but this ale doesn't upset the apple cart.

Pretty difficult to find in the states, though. Good memories.

Hey Chris, big fan of 6X here having gone over to England a couple of times to see the Fairport reunion shows. Wadworth sells the beer for the festival out of wood barrels that are delivered by horse drawn cart. The Bishop's Tipple is very good but the one you have to watch out for is Old Timer. After too many growlers of which we started referring to it as "Alzheimer's" ! Love me some Real Ale.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Big fan of Yuengling. One of the better cheap beers out there. Sadly, they don't sell it in Indy. My buddy was out on an insurance claim run near the Ohio border a couple weeks ago and I had him swing over and pick me up a couple cases for the reserves ;-)

Also big fan of Newcastle, although haven't had any in a while. Been on a local craft beer kick lately.

Not a big fan of Bell's two-hearted. Like drinking liquid potpourri to me.

• Like 1

Yes, Yeungling is good. Will look for draft!

Like craft drafts, when can do a sitdown at a sitdown establishment.

It's getting on Miller Time for me. After reading here, will be looking for Newcastle today, or anything more exotic than my regular.

It flushes them kidneys don't you know doctor... :emotion-22:

A very entertaining show...probably more profound than most anything outside of Guns, Germs and Steel...

...and it's funny:

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70222666?strkid=474320064_0_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70222666

Edited by Chris A

So many great beers/ales being brewed here in the States right now. I have been a long term supporter of the craft brews, drinking Anchor Steam, (Old Foghorn!) Sierra Nevada, Samuel Adams & Brooklyn before they became the dominant craft brews in the US. I also believe in drinking local, which to me is Blue Point out on Long Island. They make a really good Summer Ale, of which I usually go through a couple of cases every summer. Blue Point was recently bought by Budweiser, I hope they don't screw it up.

Big fan of Yuengling. One of the better cheap beers out there.

I was surprised when our local Bi-Lo grocery added the Yuengling Porter and Summer Wheat to the collection. I don't know what they cost up there, but here in North Georgia they run about $6.49 for a sixer. Twelve bottles is under $11.00.

Tried Yuengling for the first time while out of town, it was draft by the pitcher and good.
You must have done that on your Tennessee trip...

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

• Moderators

I was surprised when our local Bi-Lo grocery added the Yuengling Porter and Summer Wheat to the collection. I don't know what they cost up there, but here in North Georgia they run about $6.49 for a sixer. Twelve bottles is under $11.00.

Tried Yuengling for the first time while out of town, it was draft by the pitcher and good.

Bruce

Your right it was Tennessee, I asked what was on draft and it was on the list, I will try any beer as long as it's not from a big name brewery.

Bruce

Your right it was Tennessee, I asked what was on draft and it was on the list, I will try any beer as long as it's not from a big name brewery.

How about Shotz? A couple of gals named Laverne & Shirley say it ain't too bad.

Edited by BigStewMan

Our older son returned home from DC, where he's a cop and a home brewer, to celebrate his birthday. The brew was very good. I lack the beer aficionado's vocabulary to describe subtle nuances. I liked it a lot, but I'm probably not the most objective critic.

The glass speaks of a light German wheat beer, which the dark home brew definitely was not. My son gave me beer glasses he got while stationed in Germany before deploying to Afghanistan.

Raise a glass to salute all those who serve and served. Our son returned safe and sound, others were less fortunate.

EDIT: 12/20/2015

Photos deleted to free up server space.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Thanks Boxx.

The Griifin Claw Grand Trunk Bohemian Pilsner was enjoyed while working on the DIY center speaker for my HT (see:https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/56494-single-driver-experiments/)

EDIT: 12/20/2015

Photos deleted to free up server space.

Edited by DizRotus