Summer street party in Indiana!

jimjimbo

As we just moved in late last winter, we thought that having a neighborhood party in the cul-de-sac in front of our house would be a good chance to meet all of our neighbors from up and down the block. Lots of very nice people, and lots of kids expected. I'm going to be doing some goodies on the smoker. Should be fun!

Guess who's doing the music?

post-12530-0-73260000-1407865283_thumb.j

• Like 4

Great idea, and a nice way to break in the neighbors. :emotion-21:

Be sure to let them bring some of there favorite music (if appropriate), no complaints if there all part of it, sounds like fun.

I already have done a small informal poll, and this being Indiana, of course there is some interest in Country....which I'm not a fan of, but that's ok. I'm putting together a Pandora mix of a bunch of stuff that should satisfy most.

• Moderators

Sounds good, keep everyone happy and it could turn out to be a regular thing for some holidays, New years eve, July 4 th, who knows ?

ahem.. those loudspeakers should NEVER be used to play country music. I want them back!

Good point there should be some standards, but to be fair probably at one point where you house is was a farm at one time, still try to have some self control without starting a riot. :P

Ha they were yours at one time :o

OH OK, Jimjimbo if for some unexplained reason when you start to play some country the LaScalas have this coughing sound and have a little trouble there just trying to adjust and they will probably be OK, maby? Just don't press your luck with Justin beiber or anything similar, it could be fatal.

Edited by dtel

Well, actually, the more interesting genre to come out of the LSI's this weekend is a request that I had for some Mexican music....so I went to Pandora and found quite a few "sub-genres" of Mexican music, none of which I am familiar with, but, whatever.....I'll probably be standing there, listening to a track and one of my neighbors will be yapping to me, and at the end of the selection, I'll turn and say "Excuse me, could you say that again?".....

Great icebreaker, good luck with the party. Don;'t forget there are lots of ways to do country without your poor speakers being abused by the commercial pablum that passes for country today.

You can probably never go wrong with Mariachi music. Horns, plenty of horns. If they are actually from Mexico, start out with Mexico Lindo. It's practically a national anthem.

Is this an invite? Date, time, address, please. 35,168 members. Only 1% at best will show. What's another 350 groupies. I hope tents aren't a problem. I can smell the hot dogs already! Have a great time! :emotion-19::emotion-22::emotion-46::emotion-29:

• Like 1

Is this an invite? Date, time, address, please. 35,168 members. Only 1% at best will show. What's another 350 groupies. I hope tents aren't a problem. I can smell the hot dogs already! Have a great time! :emotion-19::emotion-22::emotion-46::emotion-29:

Hot dogs only for the kiddies...Us big kids are doing slow smoked pulled pork and whole chickens. Weather looks to be good, low 80's, so we're anticipating a good turnout.

Great icebreaker, good luck with the party. Don;'t forget there are lots of ways to do country without your poor speakers being abused by the commercial pablum that passes for country today.

You can probably never go wrong with Mariachi music. Horns, plenty of horns. If they are actually from Mexico, start out with Mexico Lindo. It's practically a national anthem.

Thanks for the suggestion. Added Mariachi to my Pandora shuffle....

I like how all your speakers are on carts….mobile jam!

Ever tried to lift one of these babies? It's a requirement! Just getting them in my Explorer (and out again) from Michael's place was a feat of superhuman strength!!

No I haven't, but I sure hope to some day!

ahem.. those loudspeakers should NEVER be used to play country music. I want them back!

Ah Michael … you've still got it. Bravo!

p.s. YES this saturday night…can't wait. They're doing the entire Close to the Edge and Fragile albums, plus some other hits (PLEASE let Starship Trooper be one of them). I'll get the meet the band after the show…can't wait.

Steve

• Like 1

The butts have been rubbed, and are now resting in the fridge, ready to go on the smoker at 8am tomorrow morning. Then going to hold them overnight, let all the flavors and juices co-mingle, then pull it about an hour before the gig. Doing about 25lbs pre-cook, which will end up at about 18 pounds give or take after....Will also post after the cook, they both look equally delicious...

post-12530-0-03980000-1408036536_thumb.j

• Like 1