What's the point of crapping on other threads?

jimjimbo

Well you know people love to complain about California and it ain't perfect but it is the 8th largest economy in the world 8-() Impressive! It leaves Texas and New York in the dust.

strange because it’s so business Unfriendly.  I think we’re the third most taxed state, and housing cost …well, they’re ridiculous; but, not as bad as some places. My house payment was a bit over $3,100 per month; but, i think a similar house would have been more in San Francisco.  

I've been going on snowmobile trips in the UP since the early 90s. I like it up there, especially the 200 inches of annual snow!

can’t remember if it was in cheboygan or the Soo, walking downtown and the snow was plowed to the middle of the road and it was piled so high you couldn’t see the other side of the street.  pretty crazy site for a SoCal guy.  But going through the Soo Locks on a bitterly cold night wasn’t too fun. Our ship was 75’ wide and the widest locks is only 110’ (i believe). We all stood there holding fenders over the side … just in case.

I'm holding my own fender, just thinking about it...

but, you’d never find me holding a rickenbacker, gretsch, brian may, gibson firebird or ES-175 over the side … and not my new stratocaster either … and not a fender pawnshop or jazz master or mustang … not a telecaster either, because that was my first guitar.   Godin?…no … PRS…definitely not.  how about a Les Paul?  wouldn’t upset me … never was a fan of those heavy things.

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 26 Aug 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

dtel, on 26 Aug 2014 - 4:02 PM, said: That's depressing, I sure hope it's at least the Southern part of California as bad as that it is already.

it’s because i live there isn’t it?

It's not you it's everybody else :ph34r:

I've been going on snowmobile trips in the UP since the early 90s. I like it up there, especially the 200 inches of annual snow!

can’t remember if it was in cheboygan or the Soo, walking downtown and the snow was plowed to the middle of the road and it was piled so high you couldn’t see the other side of the street. pretty crazy site for a SoCal guy. But going through the Soo Locks on a bitterly cold night wasn’t too fun. Our ship was 75’ wide and the widest locks is only 110’ (i believe). We all stood there holding fenders over the side … just in case.

The Soo locks are amazing. The Detroit Free Press once had a list of the stupidest letters to the paper which included one from a woman who criticized the state government for building the Soo Locks so far from Detroit. She felt such a great tourist attraction should be where more people could see it.

She was probably the same person who praised daylight savings time, as the extra hour of sunlight did wonders for her roses.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Where, Grand Haven, Ludington, Detroit or . . . .?

First time, the original Mackinaw homeported in Cheboygan (spent the winter in Sault Ste Marie; second time Grand Haven. When i reported to the Mackinaw out of bootcamp, last days of October, i didn’t even own a coat … bought one the very first day after work. that place gets cold!
Did you experience Fricano's in Grand Haven?

My nephew is in the Coast Guard, recently stationed in Ludington, but now in New York or New Jersey. USCG is a great branch of the service.

My brother (USNA '75) says everyone in the Coast Guard must be at least 6' tall.

well i am at least 6’ tall (that’s an old navy joke) … yes, i’ve been to fricano’s -- pizza culture shock experience. it was a very thin pie … first time i’d ever seen that. grand haven was a cool place--not what i’d ever experienced before, that small town life. met some good friends at this church i was going to and it was harder to leave them and return to california than it was to leave my blood relatives to go to grand haven. it wasn’t a bad life.

I used to live in Grand Haven. Sadly, I returned this summer for the memorial service for my ex-brother-in-law (my Coast Guard nephew's father). Dave was a former Marine and former star athlete at GH high. The service was at the American Legion Post across from the CG station. A CG helicopter did a flyover at the end of the service. During the outside service, several teenage boys riding bikes stopped and put their hands over their hearts out of respect. That would happen in Grand Haven, but not in Detroit.

Dave was a fantastic person. We all knew he was a great dad and that he had played football at Northern Arizona University and Central Michigan University before and after two tours in Vietnam. We didn't know the extent of his heroism until we saw the medals and heard the tales from his Marine Corps buddies at the service. Dave never bragged about his athletic success or his service in the Marines.

The photo taken in approximately 1986, and passed out by my brother's wife at the memorial service, shows, left to right:

Nick (USAF), Dave's youngest;

Dave (Marine Corps);

Scott (Army), my older son, now a cop in DC;

Sam (Coast Guard) Dave's second oldest;

Matt, my brother's youngest  was a walk-on tight end at University of Arizona;

Ryan, my brother's middle son, an MSU grad is in a grad program at Northwestern; and

Ben, my brother's oldest, an MSU grad now works in Chicago.

Unfortunately, Dave's lovely daughter Meredith, his oldest, now a Spanish teacher, apparently, was reluctant to drown in a sea of testosterone and missed the photo op. 

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Where, Grand Haven, Ludington, Detroit or . . . .?

First time, the original Mackinaw homeported in Cheboygan (spent the winter in Sault Ste Marie; second time Grand Haven. When i reported to the Mackinaw out of bootcamp, last days of October, i didn’t even own a coat … bought one the very first day after work. that place gets cold!
Did you experience Fricano's in Grand Haven?

My nephew is in the Coast Guard, recently stationed in Ludington, but now in New York or New Jersey. USCG is a great branch of the service.

My brother (USNA '75) says everyone in the Coast Guard must be at least 6' tall.

well i am at least 6’ tall (that’s an old navy joke) … yes, i’ve been to fricano’s -- pizza culture shock experience. it was a very thin pie … first time i’d ever seen that. grand haven was a cool place--not what i’d ever experienced before, that small town life. met some good friends at this church i was going to and it was harder to leave them and return to california than it was to leave my blood relatives to go to grand haven. it wasn’t a bad life.

I used to live in Grand Haven. Sadly, I returned this summer for the memorial service for my ex-brother-in-law (my Coast Guard nephew's father). Dave was a former Marine and former star athlete at GH high. The service was at the American Legion Post across from the CG station. A CG helicopter did a flyover at the end of the service. During the outside service, several teenage boys riding bikes stopped and put their hands over their hearts out of respect. That would happen in Grand Haven, but not in Detroit.

Dave was a fantastic person. We all knew he was a great dad and that he had played football at Northern Arizona University and Central Michigan University before and after two tours in Vietnam. We didn't know the extent of his heroism until we saw the medals and heard the tales from his Marine Corps buddies at the service. Dave never bragged about his athletic success or his service in the Marines.

The photo taken in approximately 1986, and passed out by my brother's wife at the memorial service, shows, left to right:

Nick (USAF), Dave's youngest;

Dave (Marine Corps);

Scott (Army), my older son, now a cop in DC;

Sam (Coast Guard) Dave's second oldest;

Matt, my brother's youngest  was a walk-on tight end at University of Arizona;

Ryan, my brother's middle son, an MSU grad is in a grad program at Northwestern; and

Ben, my brother's oldest, an MSU grad now works in Chicago.

Unfortunately, Dave's lovely daughter Meredith, his oldest, now a Spanish teacher, apparently, was reluctant to drown in a sea of testosterone and missed the photo op. 

sorry about the loss of Dave. 

Grand Haven was a nice place--very different than what i was accustomed to; but, it grew on me. I worked right next to that American Legion, Yeah we were doing a service one warm day and it was LONG.  Guy next to me, says "i'm going to pass out."  I told him to hang on it was almost over; but, he couldn't. So he broke rank and goes and sits down. This old man comes out of the crowd, grabs the rifle, and takes my friend's place in the color guard.  It was cool to be there and see that. 

• Like 2

Even up to 10 days(sometimes more) no kidding

You guys are killing me.  Please tell me you are kidding.  You must not eat either when you are on the road.  That reminds be of a joke where two hobos are taking a crap in the park and one hobo says to the other, 'sshh, did you hear that?  What's that noise'.  The other hobo says, 'Geez, how long has it been since you ate?  That's your azzhole chewing on the grass.' 

No kidding! yeah its crazy...my body has undergone many transformations(don't get it twisted fellas lol) in my 40 years. I have been 150 lbs and worked out like a maniac for slim yet strong(skateboarding). And iv been 200+lbs v shaped torso and basically a meat head, 7k crunches a week then some etc...very, very strong. Now im 250 lbs(around there I don't have a scale but I beg for all tests and measurments to be given when I visit dr's so as of 3 weeks ago I was 252lbs and down actually about 25lbs in 2 months due to a new grain diet and 25lb dumbbell workouts and walks other than work.

Anyhow due to health of my back(very bad) and other portions of my body I had to give weight lifting up or at least things directly resulting with my back muscles. And my diet over those years ending about 4 years ago now my body acts very(and mind), very strangely.

I withhold crap for 10 days and more when out of town. And I eat very, very well(depending on what my fiancé eats lol)...

We frequent a couple resorts north of us monthly in summer or bi monthly in winter. In june we were there for 3 days and on the first night I went....this was very satisfying.

On a side note my obesity is strange. I do not snack...no candy or chips ever unless its a bite(1/3 a candy bar) for energy which may happen once every 3 months, if that, for example if we are at the flea market or the mall and im hungry and all I can find are way outdated snickers for $.05 cents each I will use a small portion for energy...

When on the road a very full 2 meals a day and no go no 2 til home...

As mentioned I am changing my diet and lifestyle completely lately because not going for 10 days at least 5 times a year is very unhealthy even when not feeling the need to go. My colitis also contributes to my ailments and no go 2 in many ways including adverse reactions obviously.

I'll never forget when I was young and getting over my going to the bathroom in restrooms at work(number 2) I would pick the stall next to somebody else to get over my issue. Anyhow 1 day the big one came. I walked in and there were 10 stalls all empty xept 1. I picked the one next to another that had somebody was already in(this was my way of fighting my anxiety) and it was my direct boss. I sat and crapped right next one of only 3 people that knew how much I was paid. There he sat with his brand new "new balance" shoes and we crapped together. I didn't talk through the stall or anything, I hadn't got that far in life yet.

Nowadays I don't even shut the door. I just wave and talk to whoever looks/watches. Heck crapping use to be communal. Many, many years ago we crapped together in big communal toilets. I prefer to keep my business private these days to be honest... although I pushed the limits and I wouldn't be surprised if it were to happen again. I have ulcerative colitis as well so im a frequent flyer sometimes. When you gotta crap its not healthy to hold it in. Gas as well...its better to just let it go(maybe run to the other room, maybe not). Believe me this week I passed a kidney stone and besides that...... stomach pain is nothing to mess with!

i don’t know if i respect you more or am scared of you more  :D   i have the same anxiety issue; but, am just trying to make friends with it.

We can only suppress our issues for so long! Many are meant to be free weather healthy or not or something. For example the crazy person...they can learn to act and not be so crazy to be involved in certain situations and they can do this forever...it still doesn't change the fact they are crazy...when I get home everyday Im still crazy but I sure feel good about the act I just put on acting normal.

I had a boss years ago who I never seen eat once...we sat at tables at numerous dinners for years and I thought he was a speed addict or something. Anyhow he spoke one time of how his father spoke of the wish that there was a sponge to fill our stomach(and yes there are gimmick poison devices/chemicals such as this I am aware although not what I would prefer unless I could watch somebody use one of these for several months at least to check side effects ha)...

I do not care to eat in front of others as well...I was tortured as a kid at the table by my folks and sibling and those effects are long standing apparently lol

on a similar note in comparison no matter how we change our stuff such as addiction we are still addicted to sunflower seeds and such or whatever makes your wire fire

I withhold crap for 10 days and more when out of town.

i wish you could teach that to some of the distinguished members of this forum -- they spew forth crap daily and for all of us to read.  :D 

you know, everybody has something to deal with -- mine is anxiety.  Sounds like you're happy, so that's a very good thing.

• Moderators
derrickdj1, on 26 Aug 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

dtel, on 24 Aug 2014 - 2:34 PM, said: Being I am somewhat expected to be responsible, no comment about the cat thing.

What, you can't have fun? :P

Sure, but you ever just read something and quickly something pops into you head, well after thinking about it for a second I realized I can't say that even if I word it completely different.

If I can't have fun here I have no reason to be here, but being banned is not good either.

BigStewMan said,

"sorry about the loss of Dave. 

Grand Haven was a nice place--very different than what i was accustomed to; but, it grew on me. I worked right next to that American Legion, Yeah we were doing a service one warm day and it was LONG.  Guy next to me, says "i'm going to pass out."  I told him to hang on it was almost over; but, he couldn't. So he broke rank and goes and sits down. This old man comes out of the crowd, grabs the rifle, and takes my friend's place in the color guard.  It was cool to be there and see that."

BSM-

Thanks for sharing that.

The "old man" was probably of the same generation that saved the civilized world from the fanatics that controlled Germany and Japan.  Those men and women rolled up their sleeves and did what needed to be done.

An indication of Dave's universal appeal is the fact that two ex-wives and a fiance were at the same memorial mourning their shared loss.  Everyone got along with no apparent drama.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Well you know people love to complain about California and it ain't perfect but it is the 8th largest economy in the world 8-() Impressive! It leaves Texas and New York in the dust.

strange because it’s so business Unfriendly.  I think we’re the third most taxed state, and housing cost …well, they’re ridiculous; but, not as bad as some places. My house payment was a bit over $3,100 per month; but, i think a similar house would have been more in San Francisco.  

I did not however say that California made sense just that its economy is bang'n. I had just read an article about it and was surprised. Of course you could split Cali into four states and that would take it down a couple pegs lol. Isn't there a politician suggesting such a thing?

Of course you could split Cali into four states and that would take it down a couple pegs lol. Isn't there a politician suggesting such a thing?
 yeah; but, it ain’t gonna happen.  it’s been proposed something like 220 times and has never grown any legs.