Newbie wanna be to the world of klipsch

Jeff Penley

I know Scrappydue is always recommending guys call Mike at Sound Distributors for a good deal on new Klipsch speakers.

yep mike will give you the best deal out of any i have talked to. rf-82ii's can be had for cheaper than new heresy's for sure hoever maybe some used really clean heresy's would be better and better price.
And the search begins

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

• Moderators
Yes, most definitely more than this guy can afford.

Just curious....have you contacted the seller to see how much they are asking?  Never know....it might just be a deal of a lifetime.  I paid $2000 for this entire setup that I bought on Craigslist.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

• Like 2

Just curious....have you contacted the seller to see how much they are asking? Never know....it might just be a deal of a lifetime. I paid $2000 for this entire setup that I bought on Craigslist.

Wow,looks like you got a great deal. Maybe I should give this guy a call, thanks.

I know Scrappydue is always recommending guys call Mike at Sound Distributors for a good deal on new Klipsch speakers.

yep mike will give you the best deal out of any i have talked to. rf-82ii's can be had for cheaper than new heresy's for sure hoever maybe some used really clean heresy's would be better and better price. 

I believe they meant Mike @ Acoustic Sound Design although I've heard good things about Sound Distributors as well.

Welcome and good luck!

Just curious....have you contacted the seller to see how much they are asking?  Never know....it might just be a deal of a lifetime.  I paid $2000 for this entire setup that I bought on Craigslist.

Youthman, that is not fair to show him those speakers.  Like dangling candy in front of a baby, lol.

Youthman, that is not fair to show him those speakers.  Like dangling candy in front of a baby, lol.

In a room full of babies... :(

Well...two at least...I'm counting myself.

• Moderators
I believe they meant Mike @ Acoustic Sound Design although I've heard good things about Sound Distributors as well.

Yes, my bad.  I've never called either of them....just trying to recall from memory of Scrappy's posts.

• Moderators
Youthman, that is not fair to show him those speakers. Like dangling candy in front of a baby, lol.

I thought babies liked candy?  :P

My point was if he has not contacted the seller, to do so just to inquire on his asking price.  It may be way above his budget, but then again, it may be within reach.  You never know unless you ask.

• Like 1

Jeff,

Welcome to the forum.

Johnson City, Tennessee, beautiful Appalachian town.

Either or with Heresy III's or RF-82II's.

A full Heresy(I,II,III) HT setup with a good sub or two would be awesome. 

So would a full RF-82II setup.

Bill

Edited by willland

If anyone lives in or near Johnson City Tn. And has a set of heresy 3s or rf 82 ii s I would love to hear what they sound like. Or maybe you know a dealer in the area, thanks again for all the help.

I'm in (near) Knoxville if you ever want to hear some larger offerings.  Of those I know in the area... I don't think anyone has anything smaller than Khorns. 

Guest Steven1963

I'd lean toward the RF-82s. You're not a bass-head, but you still might find yourself wishing that the Heresies dug a little deeper.

Do you think he would benefit from a sub with either system?

There is an RSW-15 for sale near me, but a little out of my price range.

Do tell?  Just out of curiosity how much are they asking for that RSW-15?