should I buy these empty Heresy cabs?

mattSER

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4717803051.html

If I put them together myself, would I come out ahead?

I would love for you to show me how you can build a set of Heresy size veneered cabinets for less than 75 dollars (each)? Why don't you take a very long and close look at Bob Crites's CS1 design. I would take those in a heart beat over any Heresy no matter the series and I own two sets of H3. Bob can sell you CNC birch ply baffles to make diy very simple. Best regards Moray James.

I would love for you to show me how you can build a set of Heresy size veneered cabinets for less than 75 dollars (each)? Why don't you take a very long and close look at Bob Crites's CS1 design. I would take those in a heart beat over any Heresy no matter the series and I own two sets of H3. Bob can sell you CNC birch ply baffles to make diy very simple. Best regards Moray James.

No, I want saying that I would build the cabs myself, I was just asking if I bought these cabs and installed drivers and networks if it would be cheaper than just buying used heresy?

absoluley Not worth it. let me break it down for you. on used items off ebay

k-77's = $160

k-55v's = $175

K-22E's = $150

crossovers - $125

total $610 without grills/cabinets or the midrange.horns

best to buy beater heresys for under $400 and swap the innerds to the new cabs.

Edited by Budman
  • Like 2

I would love for you to show me how you can build a set of Heresy size veneered cabinets for less than 75 dollars (each)? Why don't you take a very long and close look at Bob Crites's CS1 design. I would take those in a heart beat over any Heresy no matter the series and I own two sets of H3. Bob can sell you CNC birch ply baffles to make diy very simple. Best regards Moray James.[/quote

No, I want saying that I would build the cabs myself, I was just asking if I bought these cabs and installed drivers and networks if it would be cheaper than just buying used heresy?

well that depends upon you more than anything else. If you are in a hurry who knows what your cost will look like but if you are patient then you can wait for excellent deals on parts and save a bunch. also do you want to build a set of Heresy or do you want a set of H2? turning a set of Heresy into H2 would involve some work on your part to change the baffle. Best regards Moray James.

k-77's = $160

k-55v's = $175

K-22E's = $150

crossovers - $125

Thanks for the rundown!

Sounds like if I really wanted some heresy, I should just buy one of the pairs near me for $350.

• Like 1

No.

k-77's = $160

k-55v's = $175

K-22E's = $150

crossovers - $125

Now you see why they are empty ! They are worth more selling the parts.