RSW-10d Defies the Laws of Physics!

Youthman

• Moderators

I've been texting an individual today regarding an RSW-10d he has for sale.  The conversation turned out to be pretty humorous so I felt I had to share with you guys. 

Me: Hi, how much are you asking for your Klipsch sub?

Seller: If you click on more ads by this user it will bring up all 40 of my ads including the ad for the subwoofer

Me: Gotcha

Seller: This way you can see better pictures of it but I'm asking 450 its like brand new I have two of them

Me: Thx.  I have dual RSW15 in my HT but am always looking for good deals on Klipsch speakers.  Best wishes with your sale

Seller: They don't make an RSW 15.  And - 450 fair price they sell for 2000 mine is barely used and immaculate condition

Me: Sure they do.  These are mine

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-3.JPG

Me: http://www.klipsch.com/rsw-15-subwoofer/details

Seller: Those are over 13 years old and that's an analog speaker - a digital speaker major major difference you can't compare the two I have an analog but it's a 2013 model they don't make those anymore for a reason my speaker will blow both of those away together

Me:  Oh wow.  You are welcome to bring yours over for a showdown lol

Seller: No thanks but if you're interested in getting a digital speaker where one cabinet give you as much base as both of yours let me know.  I'm not desperate I'm selling it for a fair price

Me: You seriously believe what you are saying don't you?  Too funny.  BTW it's spelled bass.  I've owned dual Velodyne HGS15's as well as dual Klipsch RT-10d (Digital) and one of my RSW-15 provided more output than either of those pair of subs.  Which is precisely why I sold them and kept the RSW-15's.  Ask anyone in the Klipsch forum and they will tell you the RSW-15 is the best sub Klipsch has ever made.

Me: Forgot to mention I had a Velodyne DD12 (another "Digital" sub) and it could not even come close to a single RSW-15. 

Seller: Yes but this is the RSW 10d which out performs all of them the Velodyne your RT 10 D

Me: This is the funniest conversation I've had in a long time.  You clearly have never heard an RSW-15 have you?

Seller: I used to own audio advisors in Palm Beach County I had thousands of them at my disposal its garbage

Me: I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was speaking to an expert.  Can you explain to me then through physics exactly how your RSW10d with a single 10" woofer + a 10" passive radiator will out perform my two RSW-15's which has two 15"  active + two 15" passive subs? 

Seller: Research my friend...take care.... I'll sell it to someone who can afford it, so body with knowledge.

(I then sent him these photos)

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7ii-RF-7-RF-83-Showdown-1.jpg

Seller: Nice...but u wish u could afford that....I have 20 subs in my media room...Go away! Crackhead

Me: I'm a moderator in the Klipsch forums with hundreds of posts showing various Klipsch speakers I've owned over the years. 

Me: It's just hard to take you seriously since "the expert" told me earlier that klipsch did not even make an RSW15 and later you say you had thousands of them at your disposal.  LOL. This truly has been an entertaining conversation.  I needed a good laugh.

Me: In all seriousness, I do wish you the best with your sale.  A good friend of mine in Kissimmee has an RSW10d.  I've heard it several times and although It's a good sub, it just cannot come close to the performance of the RSW15.

No response from the seller after that.....LOL  :lol: Honestly, I couldn't make this up if I wanted to.  :D

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 7

• Moderators

I'm glad I'm not the only person that found this funny.  I was trying to have a little fun with the guy.  When he said, "No thanks but if you're interested in getting a digital speaker where one cabinet give you as much base as both of yours let me know.", I knew it was going to be a great conversation.  :lol:  He sounded more like a salesman to me.  Frankly I'm impressed that he has 20 subs in his media room.  Maybe this is TheEar in disguise?   :P  (miss seeing him around here).

• Like 3

• Moderators
Who is the Ear?

Check out him here

I tried finding a photo of his "massive TC Sounds LMS-Ultra wall of 16 drivers up front driven by 64KW of Crown iTech 8000 and QSC PowerLight PL380amps." but could not.  Anyone else know where to find it?   You can see a few of his subs behind his Palladiums in this thread.  A long time ago, I saw a photo of his "Wall of subs".  It's CRAZY!

• Moderators

That is funny, he sounds like he knows enough to be dangerous and makes up the rest. 

You may have missed out Youthman, it's digital and all !

Wonder if he sold speakers out of a white van in the past, or bought some, they were marked "digital" also ? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
He resorted to the you can't afford it sales close; followed by the oft successful insult them, witdh bad Engelish cloths.

It's funny...the guy knows zero about my financial situation.  I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but I do not have any debt other than my home.  My wife and I both make a descent living plus I have my own business.  I think I can afford to buy his $450 sub if I wanted to. 

I noticed the fact that he owned an audio company was in the past. I can't imagine why it didn't make it.

I was tempted to say something along that line but I really did not want to come attack the guy....just wanted to have some fun with it.  Mission Accomplished!

sounds like he knows enough to be dangerous and makes up the rest.

I would agree to the last part of that statement.  :P

You may have missed out Youthman, it's digital and all !

Yeah, I'll probably regret not jumping on it after I sleep on it.  Ok maybe not. 

• Moderators
What's a digital speaker? DAC in the voice coil?

LOL.  I thought he was referring to the digital processing (ie EQ capability) of the sub, similar to Velodyne's DD Series.

Youth I am glad to hear you took some time to learn a few things from a professional. :)

Ok, that's the second funniest thing I've heard today.  :lol: