Am I the only one here that thinks we have lost another GREAT member//

Yes I miss Marshall also.  Really enjoyed the visits, transactions, and vast info obtained from my time with him.  My wife really enjoyed the horse riding with Marshall's wife and my son hanging with his son.  

His presence, unlimited knowledge, and generosity(and satire) are truly missed in this great community.

If you remember, Marshall took a hiatus(focus on family) from the forum a few summers ago and popped his head in September of that year.  He posted for a while and then did it again.  He reappeared again briefly and then left for what has now been over a year.  Last active September 12, 2013.

Marshall,

If you are within shouting distance, make yourself known even if for a brief moment.

Maybe we can get a caravan of members and drive down(stealth like) and storm the "Wall of Voodoo". :ph34r:

Bill

• Like 3

Yes, unfortunately sometimes we just don't know what happens to folk.  There are a couple of other members as well.  We need to start a buddy system, so that if someone just doesn't want nothing to do with us.  Then their buddy can check in time or two.  I worry that something happens to these folks, it was nice of Boxx's son to inform us.  Hopefully our family would inform us in case it does. 

Heard from Marshal sometime back...hard to say how long...in a restricted area here that moderators (he was one) could access.  He seemed good, but didn't really explain his absence and dropped off after a few posts.  Marshal is a wonderful, and complex, guy.  I can't offer a reason for his absence, but like others here I really miss him.

The "Wall of Voodoo," and Marshal's family hospitality, is an experience not soon forgotten.  Miss many of the others mentioned here as well...and a lot more who fell away over the decade and a half. 

Dave

I don't think I'd want any part of storming Marshalls place unannounced. Let me know how that goes (if you're able).

When you visit a listening room with NV and GDR personally liberated from those fine folks you get the idea that turning up unannounced Marshal at Marshal's probably isn't the best idea...  :excl:

Dave

I don't think I'd want any part of storming Marshalls place unannounced.  Let me know how that goes (if you're able).

A little tongue in cheek with my statement especially if you know Marshall.  

Maybe it would be much "safer" if I call him first once I find the number. :o  ;)  :D

Bill

Edited by willland

You and at least one other Forum member are pretty close to his location, as I recall.

JHoak lives about 1.5 hours away to the NW and I live about 1.5 hours away to the N.

Mike(vnzbd) lives a little over an hour from him to the SW.

Bill