Most Tragic Rock N Rollers Death

Ceptorman

Didn't everybody do this stuff.? I didn't think any rockers partied near as hard as the people I went to the shows with. :blink2:

I think it was Motley Crue's autobiography where they detailed partying crazy hard after every show, going so far as like tying up a naked woman to the ceiling and forgetting about her, coming back and she had soiled herself in the worst kind of way. Such visuals were never meant for civilians.

My list:

Kurt Cobain due to depression and mental illness

Cliff Burton due to the fact that getting thrown out of a bus in your sleep then suffocating under it has got to be one of the worst ways to go

2pac as I think he was a genius even though he kinda asked for it. Yeah I know he's not a rocker.

Keith Richards... oh wait, that guy is still alive, somehow.

• Like 1

Holy Cow.....The mighty Steve Marriott ...fire. This was the kind of musician listened to and copied by Zeppelin and the like...

I did not know he passed away. Frampton was 19 when he joined that band. 30 days in the hole!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp0jZ4BGuDw

Thirty Days in the Hole was certainly one of Humble Pie's most well known songs, one of my favorites too.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

+1 on Gram Parsons. Not only a good singer, but a composer who wrote music far more mature than his age (29 I believe). Helped 'fuse' folk, rock 'n roll and country. Gene Clark is another good candidate (one of the original Byrds) who did some good solo stuff. Died of booze in his late 40's.

Holy Cow.....The mighty Steve Marriott ...fire. This was the kind of musician listened to and copied by Zeppelin and the like...

I did not know he passed away. Frampton was 19 when he joined that band. 30 days in the hole!

Thirty Days in the Hole was certainly one of Humble Pie's most well known songs, one of my favorites too.

"rockin' the filmore," a true classic.

• Like 1

"rockin' the filmore," a true classic.

It was so good it lead Frampton to think a live album might work for his solo career, Frampton Comes Alive.