why do US releases suck?

So, Metallica's Through The Never has twice the bit rate if you get the japanese version.

I had to get Tangled in 3D from England.

Had to get Maleficent 3D from Australia.

Same thing is about to play out with Big Hero 6.

If we are the greatest country on earth, why cant we get the good stuff???

The consumers are just tougher to satisfy in Europe and Asia  , Australia is just as advanced as Japan or the UK    ,  bad quality  does not sell no matter what ,  some of the best recordings come from Germany as well   -

The consumers are protected by very strict laws for quality controls , any lower quality is rejected at the source and if bad quality is found on the market below the standards , there are very heavy fines -

So, Metallica's Through The Never has twice the bit rate if you get the japanese version.

If we are the greatest country on earth, why cant we get the good stuff??I

I have cunning stunts and wish I could have it on Blu-ray, I also wish you tube came through at a better rate or at least something more than PCM. There are so many things from YouTube I would like to play i 7.3. I was playing a bunch of metallica videos from their YouTube channel the other day and although it did sound good in PCM it makes me wonder how good it could actually sound

If we are the greatest country on earth, why cant we get the good stuff??I

I have cunning stunts and wish I could have it on Blu-ray, I also wish you tube came through at a better rate or at least something more than PCM. There are so many things from YouTube I would like to play i 7.3. I was playing a bunch of metallica videos from their YouTube channel the other day and although it did sound good in PCM it makes me wonder how good it could actually sound

Is it available anywhere that you know of?

eBay, that's the only way to get the good stuff as far as I know.  What I don't understand is that they are pressing the discs anyway.  Exactly how much harder and more expensive would it be to press the good version?  Makes no sense to me.  It's like they're purposely giving us the crap version. 3D, maybe it's not as popular over here, I don't know, yeah it's an extra disc, whatever, but when it's the same exact thing except crappier here, I don't get it. 

metallica_zpstpi10vsk.png

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Is it available anywhere that you know of?

eBay.

There's not a problem with the Region setting in the player?  US players will play foreign discs with no issue?

There's not a problem with the Region setting in the player?  US players will play foreign discs with no issue?

You see on the screenshot above where it says "region free"?  Those play over here.  I did that on both Tangled and Maleficient, works fine.  Region free is more expensive but they exist on eBay. What I don't understand is why you can't even special order the things. I mean why can't I go on best buy's website and order one? No I have to order it from somebody who can easily get it overseas then have them ship it. It's insulting.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

It's Bush's fault. No, wait, it's Obama's fault. No, no, it's the crony Capitalist's fault. It's those damn terrorist's fault. No, it's the Nazi's fault. Hell no, it's the one Percenter's fault. Your crazy, It's the minorities fault. Global cooling, umm, warming's fault.It's that guy's fault. Wait, it's the others guy's fault. What, it's my fault? No way, it's your fault.

No, it's not, it's our fault. Unfortunately, we have ourselves to blame. Americans have become susceptible to mediocrity. And the world knows it.

• Like 4

phantom of the opera, US release:  Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Phantom-of-the-Opera-Blu-ray/113/

same thing, japanese version: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (48kHz, 16-bit)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Phantom-of-the-Opera-Blu-ray/2423/

You see on the screenshot above where it says "region free"?  Those play over here.  I did that on both Tangled and Maleficient, works fine.  Region free is more expensive but they exist on eBay. What I don't understand is why you can't even special order the things. I mean why can't I go on best buy's website and order one? No I have to order it from somebody who can easily get it overseas then have them ship it. It's insulting.

I know what you mean. I pay a hefty premium for 'Region Free' vinyl LP's all the time...

• Like 1