Next Year: Gathering 2016

Mallette

First let me say that I was the first to have this stupid avatar....

However, since I have been and will probably remain a lurker I will bow to eth2 and start the search for an even more appropriate Avatar that will hopefully impress the womenfolk and offend the menfolk. Twistedcrankcammer speaks for me as well concerning Hope.  Mr. Twisted, please say hi to your family, including KimChee.  I spent time with her and your wife around the communal firepot #2 and must say you have a very nice family.   Thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with them. I have some ideas for next year, both concerning food, equipment, and circus music.  I believe that "Burning Klipsch" will dwarf "Burning Man"!  Thadeous, I will start indexing circus music for you so that the Circus Tent and Elephant holding pens will have appropriate musical ambience.  Can't wait till 2016!  Game on.

I can not say or sing enough praises about those that spent time with my family freeing me up to visit with my friends, especially all of the women in attendance. I must send a very special heart felt Thank you to Amie from Arizona. She spent a lot of time both at the factory tour and at Rodneys taking care of my daughter Kimberly and was very protective of her!

Roger

Roger that on Amie...one hell of a good girl.  Bright, thoughtful, and pretty.  A little speech therapy and she would be absolutely perfect....;)  She needs to be directly on the forum so she can feel the abuse like the rest of the beautiful women in attendance at RRR.  Speaking of which, I was impressed by the number of the fairer gender that didn't just show up in tow but were Klipsch HEADs themselves.  My cap is off to you ladies.  You made the event much more enjoyable and balanced.  Thanks so much! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Any chance of having it at the corporate HQ in Indianapolis, IN?

Just sayin'

I vote a resounding "NO" on this, Indy has nothing to offer to compare to Rodney Newtons and my heart has always been for and about PWK and what he created and Indianapolis has nothing to do with that for me, even if it is only a 2.5 hour trip vs: 16 to Hope!

Roger

Ditto on this!  Shame on those of you who do not make it a priority to attend this event next year and the years to come.   No offense to our fine friends in Indy...but Hope is where our heart is.  It always feels like "we are going home" when we visit Hope.  

After years of looking and searching for the perfect venue for gathering in Hope we have found out it, thanks to Trey.  There is nothing better than an indoor/outdoor venue sitting in the middle of 600 plus acres that is built for music, fun and entertaining.  The music, food, fun, fellowship, generosity and love that is shared at our gatherings is completely overwhelming at times.  Seeing all of our old friends from get togethers in years past and meeting new friends each year.

I always feel a great sadness when leaving Hope, but knowing we will all meet again at future gatherings makes the friendships even more special.  

• Like 3

• Moderators

PS. I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Klipsch Baking Squadron, who has close ties to the RRR.  They baked multiple desserts for each and every meal and I must say they were delicious.  I see RRR T-shirts in the future with a ButterFinger Pie Logo.  Yes, it was THAT epic!  I pity the poor fools who didn't make this event. 

You know, dtel and I can take care of making shirts for these ladies....just need to gather up some size information on them and I think I have made the contact at RRR to do that!

• Like 1

Seriously sorry I could not make it this year. Looks like all had a good time. When it came down to it, it was money that stopped me. Being I live in CA it costs a little to travel to Arkansas. Need to start saving for next year now! BTW what is RRR?

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It was really Great to see everyone and to meet some in person for the first time.

There is a lot to be said for a perfect venue, and how it can help and fit a particular gathering, this was a perfect venue for what we do.

I don't see how it could be better, or have a better host, Mr. Rodney is special, your lucky to meet someone like him once in your life, I don't know what else to say about him.  

Trey Thank You again, to say the least.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Ditto on this! Shame on those of you who do not make it a priority to attend this event next year and the years to come. No offense to our fine friends in Indy...but Hope is where our heart is. It always feels like "we are going home" when we visit Hope.

There's always

HOPE!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Seriously sorry I could not make it this year. Looks like all had a good time. When it came down to it, it was money that stopped me. Being I live in CA it costs a little to travel to Arkansas. Need to start saving for next year now! BTW what is RRR?

We have never attended an event with our Klipsch forum friends that we did not have a downright awesome time.  So many lifelong friendships formed.  My advice to everyone is to start saving now...we have had members make it all the way to Hope, AR from Canada.  In fact, we have had members attend from CA!  Start saving your pennies, nickels and dimes...you will be surprised how quickly it adds up.  There is room for campers and tents at Rodney's Redneck Riviera or you can just bunker down in the bar/barn itself.  Heck he even had mattresses stacked up on pallets...showers and restrooms right there in the facility.  It's awesome....can't say enough about this venue and how long we have needed a place like this to gather.  When we grow up we want to be like Mr. Rodney....one heck of nice guy!!!!

• Like 2

By a combination of volunteerism and bum's rush, Michael (Thaddeus Smith) and Carl (CECAA850) will be chief cat herders for next year. 

Only 362 days...

Dave

Did Anybody lose any mag wheels this year -