UPS, incompetence personified!

Bonzo

Not only can UPS destroy a Nuclear Containment Vault, they also cannot seem to get the correct address when delivering packages to me! Three times now, they have delivered packages to a house one street over from where I live. The numbers on our houses are the same but the streets have completely different names. The first two times were inexpensive items. This time it was an $800 Yamaha integrated amplifier, gone! The incompetent driver did admit to dropping it off at the wrong house. He said he was going to go to the house and check but I haven't heard back from him, imagine that. I did go over there three times and no amplifier. I got to know the people that live there but, naturally, they are away on vacation. So now I have to wait at least 8 business days to resolve this. The next time I order anything, I will ask which shipping company. If it's UPS, they just lost a sale. I am partially to blame. I ordered the amp from Crutchfield who didn't offer a direct signature for delivery with free shipping. On an item that expensive, I should have insisted on it. Sorry for the rant, I'm just really pissed off!!! 

• Like 5

Yes, I called Crutchfield but they have to wait until the UPS inquiry is finished which can be up to eight business days. Once they get the resolution from UPS, then they can send me another amp. I insisted it be sent via FedEx with a signature required for delivery.

I received a shipping confirmation from Crutchfield at around 3:00 PM PDT. It said the amp was left on my porch at 1:55 PM? Funny, I was home all day and didn't see or hear UPS pull up? In fact, I was watching ESPN at that time sitting about 15' away from my front door.

Another bad thing is now some s**t head has my name and address and may figure out I have other audio gear. I'm probably giving the jackass too much credit. He/she has probably traded it for dope by now.

I'm not sure why my response is underlined?

Edited by Bonzo
  • Like 2

Yes, I called Crutchfield but they have to wait until the UPS inquiry is finished which can be up to eight business days. Once they get the resolution from UPS, then they can send me another amp. I insisted it be sent via FedEx with a signature required for delivery.

I received a shipping confirmation from Crutchfield at around 3:00 PM PDT. It said the amp was left on my porch at 1:55 PM? Funny, I was home all day and didn't see or hear UPS pull up? In fact, I was watching ESPN at that time sitting about 15' away from my front door.

Another bad thing is now some s**t head has my name and address and may figure out I have other audio gear. I'm probably giving the jackass too much credit. He/she has probably traded it for dope by now.

I'm not sure why my response is underlined?

It happens by mistake when responding.  Either that or italics.  The text box moves and the next thing you know it is inadvertently triggered.  No worries.  it seems more likely to happen to drummers for some reason.  Good ones anyway.

Edited by oldtimer

United Package Smashers strike again. they are the only company who has brought me totally destroyed speakers. two sets in fact! luckily it was made right both times by the seller. i feel ya. i live in a small town and know both fedex and the ups drivers and if im not home they leave stuff either at my grandma's ( my neighbor) or with my mothers work. its one good thing about a small town. in fact me and the fedex guy have recently become harley riding buddies. lol but i still dont like ups. 

• Like 1

I have had worse experience with fedex over ups.  But in general have been lucky with all shipping modes.  I just successfully sent an amp by UPS to my son with no problems and fast service.  I have also never had any damage using USPS shipping hot sauce in glass bottles.  But all it takes is one dork to mess things up.

I had this happen once when I ordered a bunch of Neo magnets, the ups driver dropped them at the house just down the street. When I recieved the email conformation that they had been delivered I went to my porch and nothing. I called UPS immediately and told them what's up and they called their driver out on the road, he said he delivered them to the white house with the white mailbox, I told them I have a gray house with a black mailbox. He went back to the house and guess what, they never saw the package, cops showed up 2 hours later and arrested the P.O.S. neighbors and UPS had to replace my order through the company I had ordered through.

Edited by cradeldorf
  • Like 2

UPS dropped a Velodyne HGS-18 that I paid $1800 from high enough up that it sheared the motor structure in two, shearing the former in half. They did it a second time exactly the same way with a second HGS-18 that I paid $1600 for.

FedEx dropped and destroyed a much smaller and lighter Klipsch sub.

DHL did exactly as UPS, dropped a $1650 HGS-18 sub so high up that the magnet structure sheared in two and chopped the former in half.

I have come to the conclusion that these delivery companies hire lazy Bstrds that get pissed when they have to lift a big heavy box.

The only shipper that has not screwed me yet is USPS, and I now ship all subs on a pallet via freight!!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Express carriers are marginal, at best. I work for a packaging company and know all to well what is required to have something arrive safely. If you won't take your prized piece of gear, pack it and then raise it over your head and drop it on concrete, don't give it to UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.

• Like 1

My company used to use FedEx till about 5 years ago but their driver will still come into our office to see if we have anything for them. Last week I get a call from FedEx's local hub saying they are going to reduce our pick-up days by one and would like to know which day I would like to cut.

I told them that my business is in an office building that also houses about 25 other completely unrelated companies and that you (FedEx) needs to call every other on one those of those companies and ask them. I also told them that if idiotic to base the number of pick-up days based on an account that has been dormant for over 5-years!! But the lady I was talking to could not let that sink into the level of comprehension.

Another reason I dropped FedEx was because their billing cycle was only 2-weeks and not 30-days like the rest of the world.

Fortunately what I send is not breakable.

Edited by Mighty Favog

Guest thesloth

Out of all the carriers I have had the best luck with UPS.

I find that today nobody cares about anything except collecting money. Customer support is non-existent today.

I am only 34 and am completely scared looking at most of the youth. I ask myself, these people are going to be running the world? It's scary! I blame the education system and the 1% that try and keep the majority of people in the dark and stupid. Can't have too many people running around asking too many questions, they might catch on to the real agenda of this country.

• Like 1

Guest thesloth

I just want to also say for those of you who do not know, when you box something to be shipped make sure it can survive being thrown down a flight of stairs. Seriously this isn't a joke, if you get something that was broken it was probably the person who boxed it's fault. I have recieved too many products that fragile items were "floating" around in the box.

Double box with really fragile things.

• Like 1

I shipped a pair of 1954 Altec lansing 604's from michgan to California via Fed ex, as far as I know they made it safe. got 2650 bucks for them. ;)

Selling them ranks within the top 5 things I regret in life...

Edited by cradeldorf

I would suggest you register your name and shipping address with UPS. If you do this, UPS will automatically send you an email every time a seller creates a shipping label with your ship-to address. It doesn't matter where the seller is located or where he/she creates the shipping label, it can be in Asia or Locally. UPS's computer system will compare the "Ship To" addresses with their database of registered customers, and if yours is in there, you will receive an email almost immediately after the shipping label is created.

The email comes with a Tracking web link that allows you to monitor progress all the way to the end. You even get an email after your package is delivered, and they'll tell you how the package was delivered, e.g. left at front door, garage, etc.

If I recall, when  you register, you can even give them alternate instructions, such was where to leave your packages, if your not at home when they stop by. It can even be your neighbors home.  FedEx and DHL offer the same service, and they're all free.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 2