it’s worse than we thought ...

BigStewMan

human DNA found in 2% of the hot dogs tested … those of us that have eaten hot dogs before, does that make us cannibals?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/your-vegetarian-hot-dog-might-have-meat-in-it/ar-BBmkIQ4?ocid=msnansfood11

Nah, just means we've dieted on human waste. No biggie.

Edited by Gilbert

4+ $$ a pound for 80 / 20 ground Beef here,  We shop by the little yellow sticker (clearance and freeze)

So that's only around $3 a pound for the beef and 1$ a pound for beef fat.  :ph34r:

Pork loin here is half that price and no waste, check when they put beef roast on sale, usually half the price of ground beef and they grind it free.

Eldon,

You and Christy should really look into getting a big chest freezer and find out where to buy a Quarter or half. $2.35 a pound and a little over $100 to process a quarter and I am getting better quality beef than you will ever find at a grocery store. Remember that I started out my working life in a slaughter house and well know my cuts of meat and I am paying less for steak than you are for burger! The hind quarter has the roasts, but also has the majority of the various steaks! The front quarter also has some stakes and also is the portion where your burger comes from :) Invest a little, save a lot, and get better quality beef from someone you know personally like Joe. Pretty much ALL Grocery meat is raised on mega farms where the Steers are not fed as well nor do they get the exercise or nutrition they get on a lot of the other, smaller farms! You should come here during county fair, the slaughter house opens up to the public for free and feeds everyone for free. They have the grand champion of the fair, reserve grand champion, and others cut into two sides and have the T-bones cut open on the sides so you can observe marbling, fat content, and size of strip and fillet to compare, The grocery chains inject nitrogen into the steaks they sell to make them redder and look more appealing to the customer. You should see some really good steaks. Also if you buy from someone like Joe, you can choose if you want Angus, Herford, etc. :)

Rog

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Honestly we are not big beef eaters. I'm not fond of ground meat and generally will only eat it if it's ground from a roast. We eat a lot of chicken, pork and catfish.

We do like rib eye steaks occasionally, but they aren't our primary source of protein.

Dtel loves hot dogs, me...not so much.

• Like 2

Two theory's on how the Mob disposed of Jimmy Hoffa:

- He could be found smiling at you from (within) the front chrome bumper of your 1976 Pontiac.

- The hard bit of gristle in your Ball Park Hot Dog is actually the last piece of wisdom (as in tooth) Jimmy could offer.

Always decline lunch or dinner anytime the Mob is buying at the local Steak House.  ;)

• Like 1

- He could be found smiling at you from (within) the front chrome bumper of your 1976 Pontiac.

- The hard bit of gristle in your Ball Park Hot Dog is actually the last piece of wisdom (as in tooth) Jimmy could offer.

Always decline lunch or dinner anytime the Mob is buying at the local Steak House.  ;)

Au contraire.  Never decline the benevolence of the mob.

• Like 1

• Moderators
You and Christy should really look into getting a big chest freezer and find out where to buy a Quarter or half

We have one medium size and a small one, I doubt it would hold a half of cow. The biggest part i would be worried about would be finding some you could trust to buy the meat, How they fed makes a big difference, my dad found out once the hard way. We raised 2 hogs a year for a while and it was the best pork we have ever had.

I love meat 

• Like 1

• Moderators

We did once, after finishing a job we were offered a chance to start a side business with a "guy". we finished up the job got paid and politely moved on. I would hate to have a job I could not quit.  :angry:

• Like 1

We did once, after finishing a job we were offered a chance to start a side business with a "guy". we finished up the job got paid and politely moved on. I would hate to have a job I could not quit.  :angry:

Lucky you.  It wasn't my project...