it’s worse than we thought ...

BigStewMan

Travis … Hebrew National and Oscar Meyer all meat franks were recommended by the lab.  Lab didn’t reveal the “problem” brands; but, the author said reading between the lines, major brands as Nathans and Vienna Beef were not mentioned.

I think it’s a jump to assume that the human DNA was in the hot dogs, not sure of lab protocols; but, i guess a worker could have sneezed on a petri dish??? at least that’s what i’m hoping.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

Every breath we take we get atoms breathed by millions of dead people.  When you smell shit in a bathroom you are probably inhaling more shit than the DNA they found.  Article simply said it was found.  The amount was probably molecules.  What a surprise.  Human molecules found in products processed by humans.

The ability of the press to build a story out of the shock of finding such things is pretty extraordinary.  I'll bet there's human DNA in that hand rolled stogie some of you are smoking.  I'll gladly take the rest, and your hot dogs as well, if you are horrified.

Dave

• Like 3

Every breath we take we get atoms breathed by millions of dead people.  When you smell shit in a bathroom you are probably inhaling more shit than the DNA they found.  Article simply said it was found.  The amount was probably molecules.  What a surprise.  Human molecules found in products processed by humans.

The ability of the press to build a story out of the shock of finding such things is pretty extraordinary.  I'll bet there's human DNA in that hand rolled stogie some of you are smoking.  I'll gladly take the rest, and your hot dogs as well, if you are horrified.

Dave

When I used to do surgery on my stogies I would actually get a buzz from licking the wrapper to put it back together... 

Kinda gross looking back on it actually. :huh2:

human DNA found in 2% of the hot dogs tested … those of us that have eaten hot dogs before, does that make us cannibals?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/your-vegetarian-hot-dog-might-have-meat-in-it/ar-BBmkIQ4?ocid=msnansfood11

The movie Prime Cut was filmed in and around Calgary when I was a kid. Calgary was a center for beef processing plants with Alberta having massive herds of beef cattle. Its been 30 plus years since I last saw it but I believe the source of human DNA in sausage is explained by Lee Marvin's character in the movie if you decide to watch it.

see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069121/

Travis,

My first job when I was 15 years old and for the next 2.5 years was cleaning up the kill and processing machinery in a slaughter house. Myself and a friend were in there for 4 hours a night and locked the place up, we had the keys to the whole place and many times I would do the place by myself. I thought about it many times, if you wanted to get rid of a body entirely, they had a Baloney machine, filler pretty similar to hot dogs. The machine has about a 6 foot diameter don't shaped machined cast iron trough that rotates around in a circle. The machine has an arm that hangs straight across the far side of the rotating trough with twin surgical blades that rotate in opposite directions at something ridiculous like 20,000 RPM and they are covered by a metal hood. The blade to cast iron circular trough tolerances are extremely tight. To make Bologna or Hot Dogs, you toss in all kinds of meat that you could not otherwise sell to the public because they would not buy it. A lot of stuff gets thrown in bones and all. The blades will cut up all the meat and bones up so fine that it becomes an applesauce like slurry before it is put into the appropriate casings and cooked and or smoked. The bone meal is so fine that you will not or should not be able to detect any kind of grit. I am sure that if you look at your hot dogs they will probably be listed bone meal as one of the ingredients. We used to process a steer so fast, that from the time you killed the steer and went through all of the different stations till you had two complete sides of beef hanging in the cooler, the rib cages on the sides of beef would expand and contract just as if the animal was breathing from it's nerves. You kill the steer and hoist it up with a hook between it's tendon and bone on the hind leg. The hook has a pulley that rides on a rail that is all down hill from beginning to end with little stop stations along the route where each man only does the same job over and over just like an assembly line. As soon as the guy finishes his job, he pulls a chain and the steer rolls down hill to the next station. You could take a body in there after hours, completely cut it up into small pieces in minutes with the power saws and toss the pieces into the Bologna machine and turn it into slurry, then put the slurry into the 55 gallon gut barrels. There are orange garbage trucks that pick up all the meat and fat that cannot be sold because of what it is or if it is rotten. They also pick up dead animals around the county like dead horses, pigs, steers, Sheep etc. and make dog food out of it. They would come by every morning early before we opened and pick up 6 or 8 55 gallon drums full of stuff like Heads, Lungs, Kidneys and Kidney fat, digestive and reproductive organs etc. You would have to clean up all that equipment anyhow every night and I would guess a total of 20 minutes to 30 minutes tops to do the whole thing. All the evidence would be cleaned up, you would be the only one there, no cameras back then at least, you would lock up, and the slurry would be mixes in with several thousand pounds of bad meat and headed to the dog food factory before the place was open for business.

Hey, if I can think this through, you KNOW that someone out there has done it.... Maybe THAT is where your human DNA is originating from, that and meat cutters cut off fingers like a wood worker... ;)

Roger