Need info ASAP on Khorn Decorators

thebes

Thanks to the denizens of the "Alerts" Section, the audio gods have smiled on me and graced with a pair of decorator Khorns for Christmas.  More info here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160790-klipschorns-500-richmond-va/page-2

I'm off to rural Virginia on Sunday AM to get them, and need to know if they are one piece or can easily be taken apart.  If the former methinks I need to rent a van, if the later, mayhaps a min-van or SUV will do.

Since I need to make arrangements tomorrow, I'm reaching out to my Khorn experts for advice.

• Like 1

Thebes,

Congratulations on your early Christmas present. That means there's still time for Santa to bring you a nice SET to both warm the room and provide plenty of power for your new toy. Yep, the top is removable; just bring a power screwdriver. Here's a web site with great images of a Style "D" Klipschorn.

http://www.hifido.co.jp/KWKlipsch/G0201/P0/A10/E/0-10/S0/C14-81984-14194-00/

You can also Google "Klipschorn decorator model" and click on images. That's where I found this link. 

Depending upon your wood working skills, you can convert a Style "D" model to a Style "C" or "B". Style "B" has the nice collar separating the bass horn from the top section.

Lee

• Like 1

Four small screws hold the top to the bass section. That's about it. The bass section weighs 153 pounds. The Decorator bass section  doesn't have those side things either. At least mine didn't. The tops of the

tweeter/midrange do not have tops, just fronts, bottoms,  and sides.

JJK

Edited by JJKIZAK

It is rare for a man to be both handsome and lucky. Merry Christmas to you Thebes.

Keith

This is all true but you forgot to put the "devilishly" in there.  The Twins can sense my excitement.  I hear them murmuring in the background about "fishnet stockings hung by the chimney with care", and there's talk of "elvish costumes", or is it "Elvis costumes".

I do hope they turn out to be "Santa's Little Helpers" when it comes time to unload those beasts.

Still getting mixed opinions on dis-assembly.  Trying to save money on the rental, because the gals have been strongly hinting around that they'd like the Hope Diamond for Christmas, and I'm not sure there are two of them.

From the pics it looks as there are three screws that hold the top on.  Take a power screw driver and they should come apart, like most base bins they are probably assembled separately and the tops are added later. You could all so remove the horns from the motherboard which will make it easier to get the tops in.  I packed bass bins alone in a 2001 jeep Cherokee, it was tight fit so don't take anything else with you.  Sorry the twins will need to stay behind for this one.  You will be hearing your Beatles collection all over again for the first time on these babies, enjoy.

• Like 1

Oh hell, get the BIG van and save yourself the hassle.

Consider the up-charge for a proper transport vehicle part of the acquisition.

Less headache with dis / re assembly, and greater peace of mind knowing no damage will occur during the ride home.

just saying……No need to jump over a gate to keep from wearing out the hinges.   :lol:

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 2

Oh hell, get the BIG van and save yourself the hassle.

Consider the up-charge for a proper transport vehicle part of the acquisition.

Less headache with dis / re assembly, and greater peace of mind knowing no damage will occur during the ride home.

just saying……No need to jump over a gate to keep from wearing out the hinges.   :lol:

+1 and congrats!

Keep in mind that if you take them apart, they are much, much easier to handle when loading and moving around. An easier load to handle is less likely to get damaged!  I'm not sure how the deocrators are assembled, but the standard Khorns come apart very easily with just a few wingnuts.  Re-assembly is likewise quick and simple.

Edited by JMON