Valerie Klipsch

dtel's wife

• Klipsch Employees

Some of you may know that Valerie Klipsch, wife of Paul W. Klipsch turned 100 in April.  As they had no children of their own, Ms. Valerie has come to rely heavily on her caregivers/assistants/staff.

During our trips to Bodcaw/Hope AR I have become very good friends with one of her caregivers.   I was informed today that Ms.Valerie has been experiencing some health issues, mainly as it relates to balance and walking.  Ms. Valerie has entered a rehabilitation facility at the encouragement of her doctor and caregivers. Needless to say she was a little reluctant and her participation required quite a bit of prodding by everyone involved.  We are hopeful Ms. Valerie will stay for the two weeks the doctor has recommended.

I have been given permission to post this here and I am asking for well wishes, good thoughts and prayers if you so feel led to do so.  As Ms. Valerie is not a member of this forum I will be forwarding screenshots of your well wishes to her caregiver to read to Ms.Valerie.  

I will update her progress here as warranted.  Thank you all.

Valerie had a son from a previous marriage, Raymond. Unfortunately he has passed away but he had two sons. Lee and Shannon are Valerie's grandsons.
  • Like 3

Dearest Ms. Valerie,

I was very pleased to leave you two hellos when I visited two times to the Train depot.

No matter what others have done in the past, many of us here on the forum loved Paul and read about him, even though we never met him. I am one of those people. I never made the trip from Ohio, because I thought, why would he want to talk to me? I never realized at that time, what a humble genius he was, and missed my opportunity. I have learned a lot since then through one of my best friends Kevin Harmon, the Dentist from Louisiana, that calls himself the number 1 Klipsch fan. I also have become friends with Roy Delgado and bend his ear for stories about Paul. 

My most selfish personal wish is that you get much better soon, so that I might possibly get to meet you in person when I visit Hope and maybe you might share a tale or two with me about being Paul's better half. So here is to your health Ms. Valerie.

With sincere heart felt love and admiration, Roger Gordon

• Like 4

• Moderators

Good luck Mrs Valerie, from meeting you a few times I know your a tough lady, tiny but tough. Hope you get past this quickly and back to normal, just know there are many people wishing you well. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is there a way for us to crowdsource a bouquet of flowers, or something else that Ms. Valerie would enjoy?

That would be awesome! If everyone wanted to contribute a few bucks I could get it to her assistant and save a few dollars on FTD or other charges. My PayPal email is busy.bees.orders@gmail.com. Please comment "Valerie" so I know it's for her. I will have her assistant sign the card "Your Klipsch Forum Fan Club"! I'll post a pic of Ms Valerie with the flowers when they are delivered to her!!!

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 2

Is there a way for us to crowdsource a bouquet of flowers, or something else that Ms. Valerie would enjoy?

That would be awesome! If everyone wanted to contribute a few bucks I could get it to her assistant and save a few dollars on FTD or other charges. My PayPal email is busy.bees.orders@gmail.com. Please comment "Valerie" so I know it's for her. I will have her assistant sign the card "Your Klipsch Forum Fan Club"! I'll post a pic of Ms Valerie with the flowers when they are delivered to her!!!

I don't use PayPal, but would be happy to send a check or money order if you can PM me a mailing address. Thanks.

Chris

• Like 1