SOLD - Custom Chorus I pair

Matthews

I have got to off-set some of my up grade costs, so here ya go...

Custom Klipsch Chorus I pair - $1000

post-36834-0-67580000-1452536390_thumb.jpost-36834-0-41500000-1452536397_thumb.jpost-36834-0-37260000-1452536404_thumb.jpost-36834-0-50940000-1452536416_thumb.jpost-36834-0-83820000-1452536425_thumb.jpost-36834-0-01260000-1452536434_thumb.jpost-36834-0-63260000-1452536495_thumb.jpost-36834-0-63380000-1452536504_thumb.jpost-36834-0-05780000-1452536513_thumb.jpost-36834-0-27300000-1452536710_thumb.j

MUCH work went into bringing these beauties to life.  Now, they can be yours :)  These were fabricated to the exact, original dimensions of the original Chorus I cabinets. 

edit: location, Central Missouri

edit: per "jimjimbo" :)  - copy/paste from eBay listing

Up for your consideration is this beautiful pair of custom Klipsch Chorus I.  All original drivers, horns and crossovers. Cabinets were CNC cut from Birch laminated plywood, much improved from the original MDF.  The cabinets were built to exact dimensions of the originals. After sanding, cabs were rubbed down with Watco Danish Oil (Cherry) then finished off with 3 coats of semi-gloss polyurethane.

Custom, flared ports were added for increased lower end.  The ports are adjustable as well as removable. They are set at a 9" length now.  These speakers will blow you away.

Great care was taken to bring these babies to life.  I simply don't have the room for them any longer.  This hobby seems to continually eat up valuable floor space.  Hate to watch these beauties go, but, what does a person do?

Thanks for looking...

Edited by Matthews
  • Like 4

I cannot believe you are selling those..... What are you replacing them with.... I just can't believe it

Wait a minute from your pics.... It looks the Lascala's are back. I am still sitting here shaking my head in disbelief

G.E.M

Edited by oldred
  • Like 1

I cannot believe you are selling those..... What are you replacing them with.... I just can't believe it Wait a minute from your pics.... It looks the Lascala's are back. I am still sitting here shaking my head in disbelief G.E.M

I know, it was a very hard decision to come to grips with. The new "Hot Rod" Scala's just sound so much better than the Chorus with the TSA tube amp.  Spent a few hours yesterday A - B testing.  The La Scala came up the clear winner.  Just don't really have the room to store them and quite honestly, I have somewhat overextended myself on gear. In my little, one room house, space is at a premium. 

Everytime I look at them, still shake my head a bit.  Would much prefer to keep em'! :(

• Like 3

I cannot believe you are selling those..... What are you replacing them with.... I just can't believe it Wait a minute from your pics.... It looks the Lascala's are back. I am still sitting here shaking my head in disbelief G.E.M

I know, it was a very hard decision to come to grips with. The new "Hot Rod" Scala's just sound so much better than the Chorus with the TSA tube amp.  Spent a few hours yesterday A - B testing.  The La Scala came up the clear winner.  Just don't really have the room to store them and quite honestly, I have somewhat overextended myself on gear. In my little, one room house, space is at a premium.

Everytime I look at them, still shake my head a bit.  Would much prefer to keep em'! :(

Stack them up  :D

Nice pictures. Great job on your build. I can see liking the LaScala better, but it's not a fair fight. The Chorus should have better / more bass and take a lot less footprint. The LS has a larger horn.... I don't want a potential buyer to overlook that the Chorus is a great speaker. Someone who whats to step up from KG, Heresy or Forte, here's your chance.

Again, WOW on your work. Not just new Chorus, but Chorus in cabinets better than new. Someone will be very happy to have these. 

GLWS

• Like 3

Your White German Shepard makes me miss mine. In july while cleaning the yard a White one got into my back yard through garage and I looked up and bought had a heart attack. He was right by where my dog was buried it was weird. I almost did not even call the owner but this dog was soooo cool. Later when the owner came to pick him up he said he was from a shelter.

Did not mean to distract the post but made me think of it.   

• Like 1

one of my favorite dogs growing up was a Shep named Dutchess, she was my uncles dog and was very protective of kids. We used to walk her down the street and she'd never be leashed.Stayed with all the kids and used to play with cinder blocks as chew toys.

I always wanted one, but was always to lazy for the upkeep with combing them and am allergic to some dogs dander.

These are the 2 mugs I deal with daily.

post-59264-0-53260000-1452606933_thumb.j

• Like 3