Was I prematurely rude?

Coytee

I have a couple things on Craigslist.  When I clicked the item, it was for a front loader washer that I in fact have listed.

I just got this following email:

it look like you dont get the email i sent to you, i have no idea why you have not get back to me, i email you last night about it,let me know if you still have it,just let me know if its still up 4 sell..or not simple, you need to say something, i already sent 3 multiple email to you,i hate when i email someone,i dont get response back,can you come down a little bit on the price?if it is still in good condition as described with that price-tag on your ad kindly send an email to aT { (deleted their email address)

My wife said "tell them to go to He.."  As she was saying that, I instead, typed out the full words F.O.

That is not typical of myself however, I'm pretty comfortable that it's a scammer.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Interestingly,I've  been emailing with someone about the washer.  Today, I met him in town and he followed me home.  My wife was nervous... "you better have someone there with you"

I tend to be a believer in the good of people until they prove me wrong.  I guess my wife was convinced he was going to shoot me, boil my body in oil, tan my skin and maybe feed it to the dogs or something like that.

When he arrived at the house, it was very pitiful.  I'm guessing he was in his late 20's.  He was a bit taller than me and about twice my weight (as in very over weight)

His right hand was severely deformed.  His shoulder to elbow looked pretty normal but perhaps a bit shorter than normal.  His elbow to "hand" looked more like a flipper with a single digit (looked like little finger) placed on it.

Around his throat, he was wearing some kind of strap.  On the front of this strap was....I don't know.  Maybe one of our Medical folks can chime in if they understand what I'm saying.  Anyways, on this strap is what appeared to be an attachment point.  It was almost like he had a trachiomoty (sp).  Actually, when I first saw it, I thought it was for a voice box but he had a normal voice.  I am guessing it was some kind of port for maybe tube feeding or cleaning something in his throat.  I've never seen anything like this.

I hooked the washer up outside as he wanted to verify it worked (strikes me as very fair).  I only hooked the cold.  Some water came out of the hot hose and he said he understood.  He went on to say he'd have to get a cap for the hot input as he only has cold water.

He said he was going to tell his mother about this as it was not only the nicest looking unit he's seen so far but, the least expensive (it is in near showroom condition)

I told the  wife she be happy I knocked $50 of the price for him, indeed, she might be happy to just give it to him (she's a softie and loves to help someone in need if she can.....hey.....why do you think she married me???!!)

So I was talking to her about this guy....when I got the above email and boy, it hit a bad chord in me.

• Like 3

I have a couple things on Craigslist.  When I clicked the item, it was for a front loader washer that I in fact have listed.

it look like you dont get the email i sent to you, i have no idea why you have not get back to me, i email you last night about it,let me know if you still have it,just let me know if its still up 4 sell..or not simple, you need to say something, i already sent 3 multiple email to you,i hate when i email someone,i dont get response back,can you come down a little bit on the price?if it is still in good condition as described with that price-tag on your ad kindly send an email to aT { (deleted their email address)

My wife said "tell them to go to He.."  As she was saying that, I instead, typed out the full words F.O.

That is not typical of myself however, I'm pretty comfortable that it's a scammer.

Thoughts?

Na, i just do not anser.

If it looks flakey it likely is.

• Like 2

Here is a reply from today to a craigslist item I have listed, out of the blue:

Hi,

Please email me back if you get this email,Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, with the weekend everything has been quite busy,. is the price Negotiable/adjustable for a reasonable offer.Can I as well come and view and purchase it ? reply me at,. XXXXX@outlook.com(deleted), As far as the price? what's your offer? I am available all mornings. Are you able to do any mornings? If not, we will work something out..Looking forward to hearing back from you!!

• Like 1

Interestingly,I've  been emailing with someone about the washer.  Today, I met him in town and he followed me home.  My wife was nervous... "you better have someone there with you"

I tend to be a believer in the good of people until they prove me wrong.  I guess my wife was convinced he was going to shoot me, boil my body in oil, tan my skin and maybe feed it to the dogs or something like that.

When he arrived at the house, it was very pitiful.  I'm guessing he was in his late 20's.  He was a bit taller than me and about twice my weight (as in very over weight)

His right hand was severely deformed.  His shoulder to elbow looked pretty normal but perhaps a bit shorter than normal.  His elbow to "hand" looked more like a flipper with a single digit (looked like little finger) placed on it.

Around his throat, he was wearing some kind of strap.  On the front of this strap was....I don't know.  Maybe one of our Medical folks can chime in if they understand what I'm saying.  Anyways, on this strap is what appeared to be an attachment point.  It was almost like he had a trachiomoty (sp).  Actually, when I first saw it, I thought it was for a voice box but he had a normal voice.  I am guessing it was some kind of port for maybe tube feeding or cleaning something in his throat.  I've never seen anything like this.

I hooked the washer up outside as he wanted to verify it worked (strikes me as very fair).  I only hooked the cold.  Some water came out of the hot hose and he said he understood.  He went on to say he'd have to get a cap for the hot input as he only has cold water.

He said he was going to tell his mother about this as it was not only the nicest looking unit he's seen so far but, the least expensive (it is in near showroom condition)

I told the  wife she be happy I knocked $50 of the price for him, indeed, she might be happy to just give it to him (she's a softie and loves to help someone in need if she can.....hey.....why do you think she married me???!!)

So I was talking to her about this guy....when I got the above email and boy, it hit a bad chord in me.

A softie eh?

Let me tell ya about being a softy.

This one snuck right up on the wife and i some time couple years ago.

Won an Ebay auction Chores II, pair, 5Bonnes, P/U Eugene Oregon some 500+ one way from here.

We get them, a week goes by and THAT DAM JWEBBER list an AK find of Khorns $999, one hour from me.

We get them, the wife now has an upgrade before she really listened to the Chores IIs. no biggie she's happy.

So we throw the Chores IIs on the CL i figure 4bones will move them, weeks go by.

Finely a Kid shows up, looked like a Med student, said his dad was going to get Klipsch but he died suddenly.

Wife and i are looking at each other, i say well babe he's not Biotching about the price but i think you should give the youngin a break.

She just piped off with Two Bones :o

That was one happy kid.

• Like 1

A softie eh?

Won an Ebay auction Chores II, pair, 5Bonnes, P/U Eugene Oregon some 500+ one way from here.

We get them, a week goes by and THAT DAM JWEBBER list an AK find of Khorns $999, one hour from me.

We get them, the wife now has an upgrade before she really listened to the Chores IIs. no biggie she's happy.

So we throw the Chores IIs on the CL i figure 4bones will move them, weeks go by.

Finely a Kid shows up, looked like a Med student, said his dad was going to get Klipsch but he died suddenly.

Wife and i are looking at each other, i say well babe he's not Biotching about the price but i think you should give the youngin a break.

That was one happy

Richard,

The kid had a tracheostomy or breathing tube.

You cannot speak with an open tracheostomy tube, so they cap it with what is called a Passé Muir valve so that they can force air through their vocal cords.

It is obvious to me why your wife has kept you and that your wife has a soft spot for the mentally challenged. I fully understand as I totally love my son Danny. :) 

On the more serious side though, you are not a very big guy, and should be packing when going to meet people involved with an add buddy :(

Roger

• Like 2

That is not typical of myself however, I'm pretty comfortable that it's a scammer. Thoughts?

I don't think you should type anything you wouldn't say to a person's face. 

If you think it's a scam, delete it and move on without a further thought.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

No, you were not "

Thoughts?

prematurely rude. It was obvious BS. Does anybody in your geo are speak that way ?

I would bet not.     Lars

A softie eh?

That was one happy

Richard,

The kid had a tracheostomy or breathing tube.

You cannot speak with an open tracheostomy tube, so they cap it with what is called a Passé Muir valve so that they can force air through their vocal cords.

It is obvious to me why your wife has kept you and that your wife has a soft spot for the mentally challenged. I fully understand as I totally love my son Danny. :)

On the more serious side though, you are not a very big guy, and should be packing when going to meet people involved with an add buddy :(

Roger

Yes he had a trach.  The trach tube could have been fenestrated that would've allowed for vocalization as long as the tube it self was plugged to the air.  Or it could have been a trach plug that simply held the stoma in play (no tube in the airway).  The Passy-Muir valve would stick out.  They're one way valves allowing the inhalation of air but the exhalation is blocked allowing the air to vent through a fenestrated trach or one with the cuff merely deflated.  Victor Passy was an ENT Prof where I once worked and David Muir was a long term vent dependent patient I cared for during the 80's.  He suffered from muscular dystrophy.  There are a myriad of ways trachs can function and just as many devices to be deployed in their care and management.  In my experience these people prefer to be treated just like regular folks.  They do not view themselves as limited.  I have a host of post polio stories that'd bring most of us to our knees and they worked through it like it was nothing.  They are very inspiring people.  This is why I have very little patience for healthy people allowing themselves to get obese.  If you have no more fortitude than to not eat yourself to death then do not expect a great deal of sympathy.  Imagine where this young man has been and how he lives now.

• Like 1