You know you might be too drunk to drive when......

oscarsear

Long ago after working all Saturday night on newspapers my brother and I were driving home early on Sunday and came across a single vehicle accident.  Guessing drunk or certainly impaired.  It was urban Los Angeles (around where OJ did his nefarious deed).  The guy had side swiped several cars on both sides of the street and then hammered himself into a sizable tree.  The FD was working to extract what was left of the guy.  The motor was sitting in his lap.  Did not know if he was dead, had yet to attend 'dead' school.... but he was not a pretty picture.  That event set the stage for my drinking and driving agendas in life.  

• Like 1

Hell, that's nothin'.

About 20 years ago wihile doing a gig at a place called The Horizon Club in Lyons, IL, my band was on break and all of a sudden there was this big bang like an explosion. We all ran outside only to find a Buick had hit the light post just to the east of the bar. Lucky for all the bar patrons. Otherwise the car would have come ripping thru the club.

The funny part is the car was literally cut in half almost the entire length of the body. The engine was laying in the street, transmission parts spewed all over the place. Any passenger would have been dead. Somehow the driver ( a youngster obviously driving daddy's Buick) was unharmed, running around the road (US 34) yelling "Someone hit me, SOMEONE HIT ME" (ROTFLMAO). When the cops showed up the hysterical kid kept going on about how someone hit him and drove away. Finally the cop says "shut the **** up, turn around, and put your hands against the car". LOL

Edited by artto

When I was in College visiting home for a summer by friend and I were trashed in front of Albertsons and he called his buddy to give us a ride. A few min later a Dodge Neon comes ripping into the parking lot, turns 10ft too early and runs over the curb and plows down into the grass drainage ditch ripping off its license plate. The car sat for a sec then gunned it back out the other side and literally got air as it went over the slope and sprayed sparks all over the asphalt.

The Neon then swerves over and drives right up to where we are standing. My buddy and I just look dumbfounded as the kid opens the passenger door looking obliterated he was so drunk and just yells, "GET IN!!!" We had some exchange of words about how there is no way we were getting in his car and he actually got offended that he drove all the way over there and we would not get in. He even said, "Dude, I was grabbing for my water bottle and missed the turn... Im fine." Yeah right. I finally told him that he needs to get the hell out of there cause people are calling the cops and he sped away. We were even nice enough to grab his license plate and throw it in a backpack before walking home.