What's your favorite type of beer?

japosey

What's your favorite type of beer?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite type of beer?

• Amber Ale
    • Barley Wine
    • Blonde Ale
    • Bock
    • Dunkel
    • Hefeweizen
    • IPA
    • Kolsch
    • Malbock
    • Pilsner
    • Lager
    • Porter
    • Saison
    • Stout
    • Other

The first pour from my pregnant cat:

rSQaDZr.jpg

My son likes IPA's but I don't like real Hoppy beer. It's all in a person's taste. Also, Guinness you get at bars isn't usually right. The ratio of CO2 to Nitrogen is supposed to be 75/25. The gas needs to be between 28 and 35 psi, and the temp needs to be just right. I had a Guinness at our country club the other night and I about vomited. Just not the same!  Mine reminds me of what I get across the pond.

Sam Adams is starting to get on the Nitrogen kick:

http://www.samueladams.com/nitro-project

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 3

• Moderators

rSQaDZr.jpg

My son likes IPA's but I don't like real Hoppy beer. It's all in a person's taste. Also, Guinness you get at bars isn't usually right. The ratio of CO2 to Nitrogen is supposed to be 75/25. The gas needs to be between 28 and 35 psi, and the temp needs to be just right. I had a Guinness at our country club the other night and I about vomited. Just not the same! Mine reminds me of what I get across the pond.

I think you have that backwards CO2 is 25 to 75% N, which can be seen when the bubbles slide down the side of the glass. A European faucet helps even more, and it looks like you have one of those. Edited by dwilawyer

rSQaDZr.jpg

My son likes IPA's but I don't like real Hoppy beer. It's all in a person's taste. Also, Guinness you get at bars isn't usually right. The ratio of CO2 to Nitrogen is supposed to be 75/25. The gas needs to be between 28 and 35 psi, and the temp needs to be just right. I had a Guinness at our country club the other night and I about vomited. Just not the same! Mine reminds me of what I get across the pond.

I think you have that backwards CO2 is 25 to 75% N, which can be seen when the bubbles slide down the side of the glass. A European faucet helps even more, and it looks like you have one of those.

Right. My dyslexia has been awful today. Luckily I use a blender to keep my mixology right.

I have this:

234481.png?v=20160313

I also have the micromatic regulators for the O2 and Nitrogen tanks. My pregnant can cost me about 2 grand.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Generally speaking I like American Pale Ales best, which isn't even on the list.  Basically an IPA that's not as hoppy / yeasty / carbonated / alcoholic as usual.  IPA's have gone off the deep end here recently, seems like all the new ones I try are just really strong, not just alcohol strong, but everything else.  

Otherwise pretty much any beer that uses the word "sessionable" or calls itself a "session beer" is good, typically those are microbrews, but are less strong, smoother, and have less stuff to upset your stomach than usual.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Otherwise pretty much any beer that uses the word "sessionable" or calls itself a "session beer" is good, typically those are microbrews, but are less strong, smoother, and have less stuff to upset your stomach than usual.

Full Sale Ales "Session" Lager and Dark are the best cheap beers on the planet at the moment, IMHO.  Both said to be pre prohibition recipes. 

Dave

• Like 1

I don't see brown ale on the list, but I'm a fan of Ellies's Brown Ale by Avery Brewing.

attachicon.gifimage.png

I like browns if they are smooth.  Ellie's is really good, but strong, pretty high alcohol content.  

My favorite is Bryson City Brown from Nantahala Brewing.  They are small enough that distribution laws don't favor them so most people have probably never heard of them, you have to be inside of North Carolina as far as I know.  

Breckenridge Brewery has their Autumn Ale, kind of a cross between a brown and Oktoberfest, it is really good.  

I'd say Oktoberfest needs to have its own listing above but technically it may be a different type, I'm not sure.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters