Belle Top Hat Modification with ALK and Fastlane

jwc

I got some Walnut Belles off Craigslist. Decent shape. All Klipsch drivers and horns. AA networks.

I'm sorry to say....as much as I love Klipsch, I don't enjoy their sound.

Pulled out the networks and entire baffle assembly with horns. Gonna replace XO's and Top Hat horn and drivers without ruining ability to convert back.

All Fastlane and ALK here. ALK had some old extra Klipsch-style black fabric that I will attach soon. I assembled this new baffle. Fastlane tweeter horn and Midrange horn. B & C drivers. ALK networks.

This will slide right inside the top hat.

post-14392-0-12660000-1458784846_thumb.j

post-14392-0-64700000-1458784862_thumb.j

post-14392-0-27820000-1458784878_thumb.j

• Like 5

The tweeters here are the same ones in my Cornscalas. VERY happy with those.

I have the Fastlane Conitrac tweeters here w/o a driver. I plan to try those out with something else in the future.

I have had 5 different Fastlane horns. Good stuff if you love tractrix.

• Like 2

My Faslane La Scala horns ship tomorrow. Getting excited to hear them with the Fastlane tweeters I installed last fall along with a pair of Dean's x-overs.

Dave and Dean are great people to deal with.

Mark

Which of Dean's crossover did you go with?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My Faslane La Scala horns ship tomorrow. Getting excited to hear them with the Fastlane tweeters I installed last fall along with a pair of Dean's x-overs.

Dave and Dean are great people to deal with.

Mark

Which of Dean's crossover did you go with?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's a modified AA with the 2 dB attenuation to the mid-range. Not sure it has a name or model. Bought it and a set of solder lug k55 from Dean. Got to meet him too. We work near each other is the Dayton, OH area.

• Like 2

Nice feature of the Belle and Klipschorn is that you can unscrew a few fasteners, remove the motorboard and have a blank space to put other horns and drivers into. You can also make the space bigger by replacing the little side panels with taller pieces of wood. Label and save all the OEM parts and you can easily re-assemble them to original condition.

post-58241-0-03680000-1459373212_thumb.j

post-58241-0-58840000-1459373306_thumb.j

Mine isn't the Belle Fastlane.

Mine is the Elipitrac.  I hade to custom make the baffle to fit it.  The Belle Fastlane might have to be cutoff at 500Hz.  The Elipitrac can do 400Hz.