RIP Prince

oldtimer

What I never understood about Prince was his crazy ideas when it came to blocking everything on the internet. He could have embraced it and made a bunch of money and a bunch of fans happy. Instead, he blocked everything possible. I don't get it. People make bank on youtube videos nowadays and he was very adamant that he wanted none of his stuff online.

Back in the day like when Napster first came out, sure, but to continue that attitude did more harm than good.

I was never that big of a fan....RIP anyway.

His two hits before Little red corvette and such, was "Controversy" and "Erotic City". Those two were my favorite songs of his.

I liked his spin-off groups better. Sheila E, Vanity 6 later to be called Apollonia 6, Ready for the World, Jesse Johnson.

I did not like the movie Purple Rain. The only parts of the movie I liked was Morris Day and The Time!

LMAO! I forgot about Morris Day. He was great on stage! I smile when I think of that part.

• Like 2

• Moderators

This unfortunately has Heroin written all over it.

Prince was notoriously straight edge his whole life. I heard on an interview that he was suffering from arthritis, and the implication was that he had indeed started taking opiates, and as anyone who has used such for pain management knows the risks involved. All conjecture at this point, but I don't think it necessarily means heroin or that he did the Charlie Parker thing. That was never his style, ever.

Apparently his ex drug dealer came forward and explained everything. Supposedly he has been addicted to pills for the past 25 years, paid $40,000 for a 6 month supply of Dilaudid pills at a time. Supposedly didn't want to get into all the after-effects of heroin, which is why nobody ever saw him shoot up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555292/Prince-s-former-drug-dealer-reveals-extent-addiction.html

Surprising if true: Dilaudid is more commonly known as hydromorphone which should not be combined with fentanyl long term.

Also it's being reported now that he was diagnosed with AIDS six months ago but refused medication.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3562640/Prince-diagnosed-AIDs-six-months-died-refused-treatment-believed-God-heal-him.html

I am unsure as to how trustworthy that source is especially since they're quoting anonymous sources.

Also if true, it is interesting to see he also refused all conventional medical treatment.

No matter your religion; God helps those who help themselves.

You are back to that again? He obviously didn't refuse all medical treatment if he was picking up prescriptions at Walgreens in the days before his death.

If, a big if, he was diagnosed with HIV, he wasn't refusing medical treatment when he went in to see a doctor who sent his blood off to be tested, and went back, presumably for results and then declining the AZT type meds.

Most opiate addicts I am aware of avoid medical treatment if they are self medicating. Either to avoid detection.

I think there is a major difference between avoidance and refusal.

However, I think the facts on what doctors he was seeing, or refusing to see, will all be coming out in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

This unfortunately has Heroin written all over it.

Prince was notoriously straight edge his whole life. I heard on an interview that he was suffering from arthritis, and the implication was that he had indeed started taking opiates, and as anyone who has used such for pain management knows the risks involved. All conjecture at this point, but I don't think it necessarily means heroin or that he did the Charlie Parker thing. That was never his style, ever.

Apparently his ex drug dealer came forward and explained everything. Supposedly he has been addicted to pills for the past 25 years, paid $40,000 for a 6 month supply of Dilaudid pills at a time. Supposedly didn't want to get into all the after-effects of heroin, which is why nobody ever saw him shoot up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555292/Prince-s-former-drug-dealer-reveals-extent-addiction.html

Surprising if true: Dilaudid is more commonly known as hydromorphone which should not be combined with fentanyl long term.

Also it's being reported now that he was diagnosed with AIDS six months ago but refused medication.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3562640/Prince-diagnosed-AIDs-six-months-died-refused-treatment-believed-God-heal-him.html

I am unsure as to how trustworthy that source is especially since they're quoting anonymous sources.

Also if true, it is interesting to see he also refused all conventional medical treatment.

No matter your religion; God helps those who help themselves.

You are back to that again? He obviously didn't refuse all medical treatment if he was picking up prescriptions at Walgreens in the days before his death.

If, a big if, he was diagnosed with HIV, he wasn't refusing medical treatment when he went in to see a doctor who sent his blood off to be tested, and went back, presumably for results and then declining the AZT type meds.

Most opiate addicts I am aware of avoid medical treatment if they are self medicating. Either to avoid detection.

I think there is a major difference between avoidance and refusal.

However, I think the facts on what doctors he was seeing, or refusing to see, will all be coming out in the coming weeks.

Did you actually read the article? This part is particularly helpful in understanding what is being reported: Prince 'was diagnosed with AIDS six months before he died and refused treatment because he believed God would heal him'.

There is a significant difference between diagnosis and treatment. At the end of the diagnosis, the prognosis is determined. If this article is factual, he reportedly refused medical treatment. No effective physician will allow a patient to pick and choose what treatment they will accept and what they wont.

Did you actually read the article? This part is particularly helpful in understanding what is being reported: Prince 'was diagnosed with AIDS six months before he died and refused treatment because he believed God would heal him'.

There is a significant difference between diagnosis and treatment. At the end of the diagnosis, the prognosis is determined. If this article is factual, he reportedly refused medical treatment. No effective physician will allow a patient to pick and choose what treatment they will accept and what they wont.

OT

Allow? Not sure about that. Who's working for whom? 

OT

Yes surprisingly: Life isn't a Burger King and you can't always have it your way.

• Moderators

drove past paisly park today, one after. A memorial. I got nothing, no CDs, no records, nothing on my harddrives. I miss miss him as a real famous Minnesotan. The party he threw for the Lynks was great in my book.

That must have been quite interesting. Where there a lot of people? Flowers?

OT

Yes surprisingly: Life isn't a Burger King and you can't always have it your way.

As a business owner, I have fired a few clients, but not ones who have sense. Doctors, lawyers and bankers have forgotten who works for whom.

As an Engineer, I would gladly be fired on religious beliefs. 

I would like to think the Dr. Nick's and other medical enabler's of the world (eg. Elvis' Dr. Feelgood) have mostly died off, retired, or lost their license to write feelgood scripts.

Perhaps, if this story is true, why Prince sought 'solace' for stage fright elsewhere. 

drove past paisly park today, one after. A memorial. I got nothing, no CDs, no records, nothing on my harddrives. I miss miss him as a real famous Minnesotan. The party he threw for the Lynks was great in my book.

That must have been quite interesting. Where there a lot of people? Flowers?

Cold rainy Thursday morning, only a dozen people. Thousands of purple balloons tied to the perimeter fence.
  • Like 2

A doctor or a lawyer is generally consulted/hired for their professional opinion. Why would you not follow their advice?

You're right, we hire them. A lot of people forget that they can get a second opinion and in a lot of cases should. For people to believe they're not allowed to accept or refuse treatment is scary, and it happens. I will follow the advice of ones who are worthy: they're much smarter than I about why I'm there to see them.

What I see in my business (court reporting), lawyers are hired to get you out of the jam you're in. Occasionally, justice has something to do with it. Also, lawyers will hire doctors to give expert testimony for their client's position. But that usually doesn't happen until shortly before trial.

• Like 1

I would like to think the Dr. Nick's and other medical enabler's of the world (eg. Elvis' Dr. Feelgood) have mostly died off, retired, or lost their license to write feelgood scripts.

Perhaps, if this story is true, why Prince sought 'solace' for stage fright elsewhere. 

You might be right in why he sought solace elsewhere.

A lot of the back pain pill mills have been shut down (now heroine is back, stronger than ever). The Dr. Feelgoods are still out there, especially for the stars. MJ's doctor was one and what did Whitney have in her system? 

• Moderators

A doctor or a lawyer is generally consulted/hired for their professional opinion. Why would you not follow their advice?

You're right, we hire them. A lot of people forget that they can get a second opinion and in a lot of cases should. For people to believe they're not allowed to accept or refuse treatment is scary, and it happens. I will follow the advice of ones who are worthy: they're much smarter than I about why I'm there to see them.

I think most people are aware they can get a second opinion. However, there are some people who will not listen to the advice of anyone.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What I see in my business (court reporting), lawyers are hired to get you out of the jam you're in. Occasionally, justice has something to do with it. Also, lawyers will hire doctors to give expert testimony for their client's position. But that usually doesn't happen until shortly before trial.

While that may be what you experience in your occupation there are any number of other reasons one may decide to hire an attorney.

The advice of attorney may be sought for anything from wills, formation of a corporation, divorce and real estate transactions, just to name a few. None of which have anything to do with "getting you you out of the jam you are in."

To state "lawyers are hired to get you out of the jam you are in.", is not an accurate assessment of the many services an attorney can provide.