RB 75's sounding Nice, Very Nice

richieb

Just acquired a pair RB75 from another Klipsch head friend of mine, black ash, great condition. Being conditioned to the sound of Fastlane KHorns I'm thoroughly pleased and impressed with the 75's. These things flat get with it. Running with 5-6 watts of single ended EL84 proved they are by no means a toy. They fill the same rather large space quite well. Really enjoying these 75's and in no hurry to set them aside.

• Like 6

Richie,

Congratulations on the 75's.  They sure do sound big and have an easy time filling my large space also.  Add a nice punchy subwoofer to the mix and you will swear you have a pair of RF-7II's instead of the 75's.

Bill

• Like 3

Pics

Pics you have - 

Been listening off/on since Friday and I've got say I am enamoured with the 75's. Even with the Big Khorns looming in the background these RB75's have really taken hold. They sound wonderful with the EL84's. Thanks to my friend for parting with them - Thanks Z.

post-12470-0-38560000-1463362123_thumb.j

post-12470-0-33000000-1463362148_thumb.j

post-12470-0-81880000-1463362174_thumb.j

• Like 4

Thank you Zim, my personal Klipsch white glove delivery service! Lets see - Quartets, LaScalla, RB75. Before I haul the Quartets to Hope I actually have them playing as I type. Not too shabby but not sure as refined as the 75's. That damn two-way with a true compression driver is mighty articulate and smooth. Gonna switch out again soon but if my sonic memory is true the RB's are more refined, image better and tickle my fancy a bit more. Love having my fancy tickled!

The 75's blow away the 81 II's. The 81's sound like a bookshelf speaker where the 75's have a much larger presence to them, near tower like quality in a small package. I had purchased a brand new set of the 81 II's and was using them everyday in my bedroom system and after 6 months or so had the chance to pick up a set of 75's. After about a half an hour or so with the 75's I boxed up the 81's and put them up or sale. It's not a small difference in sound quality.

• Like 1