total solar eclipse 2017

Paducah Home Theater

• Moderators

Who was asking about Indy?  I will probably just plan to be at home in Paducah.  Not much point in traveling 1.5 hours to the farm just to save somebody else an hour or less of driving.  I already have 300+ acres around me in Paducah.

The people I am talking with at Klipsch asked if it was coming through Indy, and I was checking to see if there was anything closer.

Last week a few of the Klipsch people thought it was the greatest thing they had heard of, and few thought I was nuts.

I want to make it a big fund raiser for the Paul Klipsch Museum in Hope. Do you have room for 100 cars, and about 200 people in chairs in Paducah that would destroy crops, upset your livestock, would be relatively cow patty free that day (Monday)?

Travis

I want to make it a big fund raiser for the Paul Klipsch Museum in Hope. Do you have room for 100 cars, and about 200 people in chairs in Paducah that would destroy crops, upset your livestock, would be relatively cow patty free that day (Monday)?

I could fit quite a few, but I can't imagine quite that many people wanting to show up at my place for what revolves around a two minute event. All I grow is grass and a few chickens though, no cows.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Moderators

I could fit quite a few, but I can't imagine quite that many people wanting to show

up at my place for what revolves around a two minute event. All I grow is grass and a few chickens though, no cows.

Depends on how well we promote the event!!!

So who is coming over next year for the solar eclipse?  My place is right in line for it apparently.  As far as I can tell, there hasn’t been one to hit the continental US since 1979, and that one kinda sucked.  I was asked to host a mini-party and blast The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd during the eclipse.  Not sure how many people would travel for such a thing, but if that interests you, then you’re welcome to come over. Rumor has it that area hotels are already booked up but I cannot confirm.  

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm#Kentucky

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/communities/states/KY/Paducah_426.htm

I was around for the last one. Several buddy's eating lunch. We all ran out onto the parking lot. Damnist thing I ever saw! The air had this intense thick blue tint. ( and no it wasn't an acid flashback)

It was beautiful.

tc

All I grow is grass and a few chickens though, no cows

Since you have no cows, do you think your wife would mind if we tipped her over?   :o

Did you just inadvertently call my wife a heifer?   ;)

Show her this, show her this; I so want to see Richard get 'tipped' by your wife!

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is a test run, I think I can get 200 people for an eKlipsch event, Musuem fundraiser, hosted by a Klipsch dealer.

It that goes well, I am going to get 400 people in Hope at Rodneys, or at the plant/musuem, and 800 in Indy @ a place TBD in April, 2024. It goes from Texas to Maine and hits Hope and Indy, and Paducah but only on very fringe.

With that money I hope we can build an addition to musuem that includes a small theater, classroom and additional exhibit space.

So I need 2017 to be a decent showing.

• Like 2

All I grow is grass and a few chickens though, no cows.

I heard Kentucky's #1 cash crop was grass….better lock up your chickens from the people with munchies :D

• Like 1

I heard Kentucky's #1 cash crop was grass

Funny story about that, one time I went on a corporate retreat with a very rich / smart / well to do older CEO and we were in line at a buffet at a Kentucky state park's restaurant. Actually we were in line after sampling a good amount of some Kentucky bourbon. He sees the corn and tries to say something clever about it being the number one cash crop of Appalachia in Eastern Kentucky. I just chuckle and without missing a beat I said "funny, I thought the number one cash crop of Appalachia was weed". I thought nothing of it and was just being silly but my goodness, you should have seen how embarrassed he got. Everybody in our group was short of breath from laughing so hard and his face was just beet red, he just had no idea how to respond to that, I didn't get to live that down for a long time afterwards. Most likely it was extra awkward in part due to it being true.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

. Late August is pretty much peak wild land fire season and with all of the smoke in the air, we might not even notice an eclipse.

Well isn't that special. And optimistic to boot.

Don't mean to cast a dark shadow over anyone's eclipse but if you're planning on spending big $$$ to be in Jackson (or anywhere in the mountain west) in August, be forewarned.  On the other hand, a red smoky sky going dark could be spectacular.

^

. Late August is pretty much peak wild land fire season and with all of the smoke in the air, we might not even notice an eclipse.

Well isn't that special. And optimistic to boot.

Don't mean to cast a dark shadow over anyone's eclipse but if you're planning on spending big $$$ to be in Jackson (or anywhere in the mountain west) in August, be forewarned.  On the other hand, a red smoky sky going dark could be spectacular.

Thanks for the forewarning. I live in a high wildfire area down here in SoCal right outside the Cleveland nat'l forest. I was halfway joking in my post, I mean it's not always on fire. But it could be, I get it.