Wow! 50 dead in early morning night club shooting?

JL Sargent

????????????    Lars

I was wondering why so many men came together to promise they would start treating their family better--The flipside is I wondered what was going through their mind that allowed them to mistreat them in the first place.

I wasn't aware "so many" were there to "start", as opposed to already been doin it.

And if they went there for change, nothing hard to understand there, all people who attempt to truly follow Christianity, and other truly honorable religions, should be striving toward self improvement.

Are you going to criticize the alchoholic for entering treatment?

Many folks don't care for Christianity due to many reasons, often bad experiences with others that label themselves "Christian"

I gave some examples above.

I would suggest not to judge any religion on what it's so called people do, but rather what the religion teaches.

Man will always falter and fall short.     Lars

Carry is prohibited in liquor serving establishments in FL, and also I believe other states.   Lars
Thank you.  It was reported that the shooter didn't have any problem walking into a gun store and buying a high-capacity magazine.  That's one thing I'd like to see controlled.

That's a red herring. Once someone decides to murder other human beings their will won't be deterred by unavailable tools. No access to firearms won't stop a determined fanatic from acquiring what they want illegally or making homemade bombs from commonly available chemicals including fertilizer.

• Like 1

Getting back on topic--He seemed to purchase his guns and ammo legally.

AR-15 used in this attack reportedly used in Sandy Hook too? So many thing swirling around about this situation it's hard to keep up.

Edited by JL Sargent

You can never know how any individual is going to use - Ammo, pocket knife, fertilizer, lye, ice pick, machete, dynamite, carpenters hammer, screwdriver, frozen leg of Lamb, pesticides/ herbicides, gasoline and other flammable compounds, baseball bat, nail gun, sharpened sections of bamboo, wheelbarrow replacement handle, chefs knife, bleach and ammonia, matches, electricity, motor vehicles, etc.  Lars

Are you going to criticize the alchoholic for entering treatment? Many folks don't care for Christianity due to many reasons, often bad experiences with others that label themselves "Christian" I gave some examples above. I would suggest not to judge any religion on what it's so called people do, but rather what the religion teaches.

No I don't equate Christians with alcoholics. That said, I agree if they were setting bad examples or putting their family in harms way then they definitely should consider treatment.

I also like researching and discussing where participants of these religions come from and have mentioned how fascinating how they are so different in similar ways--2,000 years ago just like today a lot can be learned by what they say about people who are not like themselves and how they characterize them.

You can never know how any individual is going to use - Ammo, pocket knife, fertilizer, lye, ice pick, machete, dynamite, carpenters hammer, screwdriver, frozen leg of Lamb, pesticides/ herbicides, gasoline and other flammable compounds, baseball bat, nail gun, sharpened sections of bamboo, wheelbarrow replacement handle, chefs knife, bleach and ammonia, matches, electricity, motor vehicles, etc.  Lars

Hmm...I noticed you didn't use the word "gun" which of course was developed as a weapon. The other things you mentioned have a main use that isn't for self-defense.

I assumed it was a given we were already talking about guns n ammo.

So I was bringing up other items.

I did say "ammo"

Now I will add  GUNS.

Better?  Lars

Yes. My point was that all of those other things you mentioned have uses other than for killing people--Guns were developed to kill.

Carry is prohibited in liquor serving establishments in FL, and also I believe other states.   Lars
Thank you.  It was reported that the shooter didn't have any problem walking into a gun store and buying a high-capacity magazine.  That's one thing I'd like to see controlled.

That's a red herring. Once someone decides to murder other human beings their will won't be deterred by unavailable tools. No access to firearms won't stop a determined fanatic from acquiring what they want illegally or making homemade bombs from commonly available chemicals including fertilizer.

How many Americans are killed by Homemade bombs compared to guns?

Anyway, I have often wanted to read the Koran to see if IN FACT  it was a "Religion of Love", or NOT.

I only hear from second hand sources. Media, etc.

I guess I've never gotten to it cause I can't affect it anyway.

Lars

Anyway, I have often wanted to read the Koran to see if IN FACT  it was a "Religion of Love", or NOT.

Lars

I actually don't think the argument can be made that the genesis of any of these religions are of "love," unless you are willing to consider what the other person is saying--That is where the problems start and even Christianity was spread by the sword.

Edited by Zen Traveler

How many Americans are killed by Homemade bombs compared to guns?

My guns that" were developed to kill people" have not yet done so.

Maybe it's because they are subject to me.  

Okay, I'm done with that line .      Lars

Lars

I actually don't think the argument can be made that the genesis of any of these religions are of "love," unless you are willing to consider what the other person is saying--That is where the problems start and even Christianity was spread by the sword.

You still don't get it do you?

The sword wielders you speak of were NOT Christians.

Just like the white supremacists 

I don't give a shit what THEY labeled themselves as.

If they don't subsatantially emulate Christ in their thoughts and actions, they AINT Christians.

READ THIS AGAIN.

Thank you,  Lars

• Like 1

My guns that" were developed to kill people" have not yet done so.

I hope they never do. That said, I don't know if you are the only one who has access to them and if they have a chance of being stolen but I have debated this topic with folks before that made the same claim then tragedy happened...Even if you are the most responsible person alive those guns are going to outlive you so that can't be a blanket statement for all of eternity.

• Moderators

Pretty much shooting fish in a barrel no? With people piled into a nightclub with few or no windows and doors to escape it seems to me very simple for someone to hit this type of "Soft target". I will have to disagree with some of you though. This ideology is not something you can curb or change. It is a religious belief by radical Islamists that will stop at nothing to destroy the west and the way we live. I do not feel sorry for the Muslims living in the US as previously stated by another poster, out of 1.7 Billion Muslims I can count on one hand how many speak out against this violence. Understand full well that if they condone it publicly, they will become targets for betraying their faith. I have studied plenty on what is going on right now in the world and this is not something that is going to fade anytime soon. Our president and other world leaders failing to call it what it is strengthens the views of these nut jobs. Being a Muslim himself and sympathizing with their beliefs only endangers the US people further. I am not trying to make this political just stating facts. If he were not a Muslim and he took a Muslim name he would have been killed by them. Look at Mohammed Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and others, they changed their names once they assumed their new Muslim name and took on their beliefs....not before. Very few people know who Barry Soetoro even is.

Your either ignorant or an idiot. Nothing personal.

Whatever efforts you have made to study the issue have been made in vain. You might what to consider a reliable source for facts rather than email blasts or whatever else you are using to "study".

• Like 1

You still don't get it do you?

The sword wielders you speak of were NOT Christians.

Just like the white supremacists 

I don't give a shit what THEY labeled themselves as.

If they don't subsatantially emulate Christ in their thoughts and actions, they AINT Christians.

READ THIS AGAIN.

Thank you,  Lars

The white supremacist I am with you on but if you don't think Christianity wasn't spread by the sword you may want to research your History books. Granted, Christ could have guided Constantine's hand but I think from that time forward it wouldn't have survived without the sword and battles in his name.

EDIT Note: I am not anti-Christian or Muslim and admit the latter is harder to make the case for being a "peaceful religion" in the first decades that opened this millennium.   

Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Like 1

AR-15 used in this attack reportedly used in Sandy Hook too? So many thing swirling around about this situation it's hard to keep up.

The one used in the Sandyhook shootings was a Bushmaster semi auto, .223, an AR-15 style rifle.

Haven't seen what was used in Florida.

Bruce