Wow! 50 dead in early morning night club shooting?

JL Sargent

You still don't get it do you?

The sword wielders you speak of were NOT Christians.

Just like the white supremacists 

I don't give a shit what THEY labeled themselves as.

If they don't subsatantially emulate Christ in their thoughts and actions, they AINT Christians.

READ THIS AGAIN.

Thank you,  Lars

The white supremacist I am with you on but if you don't think Christianity wasn't spread by the sword you may want to research your History books. Granted, Christ could have guided Constantine's hand but I think from that time forward it wouldn't have survived without the sword and battles in his name.   

What I'm saying is  - Nowhere in the New Testament is it even suggested to FORCE anybody into conversion.

The opposite is the case - Man has "Free will" to accept, OR reject God.

FORCING somebody into faith is NOT acting as a Christian    Lars

• Like 1

Again. Cars are mainly used for transportation and no one is articulating getting rid of them. Guns on the other hand were developed for killing and the one in question was developed for the military to kill a lot of people...Bringing a car to a gun fight makes as much sense as driving a gun to the supermarket.

Edited by Zen Traveler

I never said swords were not used - I said - 

"The sword wielders you speak of were NOT Christians.

I don't give a shit what THEY labeled themselves as."     Get it now?       Lars

What I'm saying is - Nowhere in the New Testament is it even suggested to FORCE anybody into conversion. The opposite is the case - Man has "Free will" to accept, OR reject God. FORCING somebody into faith is NOT acting as a Christian Lars

I appreciate that you have those beliefs--Not everyone does or interprets the information the same.

I never said swords were not used - I said - 

"The sword wielders you speak of were NOT Christians.

I don't give a shit what THEY labeled themselves as."     Get it now?       Lars

I get it. {See my post above.}

What I'm saying is - Nowhere in the New Testament is it even suggested to FORCE anybody into conversion. The opposite is the case - Man has "Free will" to accept, OR reject God. FORCING somebody into faith is NOT acting as a Christian Lars

I appreciate that you have those beliefs--Not everyone does or interprets the information the same.

What "belief" ?????   Where do you find the Bible directs believers to force others in any way ??????

"Belief"???????      Lars

no one is articulating getting rid of them.
Why not they were used to kill BY THE KILLER, the instrument didn't have a mind of its own.

Because Automobiles are essential for most Americans and if it weren't I admit public transportation would be a better option--That said, if all of a sudden your guns and car were stolen I wonder which you would invest in first...Otoh, do you have insurance if your gun is stolen and used in a mass shooting?

Why not they were used to kill BY THE KILLER, the instrument didn't have a mind of its own.

A poor workman blames his tools. 5,000 years ago he would have used fire and/or rocks.

The genie has been out of the bottle since the Chinese invented gun powder. It was only a matter of a few years before someone decided to add hollow metal tubes and projectiles.

Because Automobiles are essential for most Americans and if it weren't I admit public transportation would be a better option--That said, if all of a sudden your guns and car were stolen I wonder which you would invest in first...Otoh, do you have insurance if your gun is stolen and used in a mass shooting?

But automobiles are not a right provided by the constitution. I hope my propane bottle, fertilizer, kitchen knives, etc are not stolen and used to kill.

My personal problem is that I want the right to bear but I also want the people that shouldn't be identified and not allowed to. Who decides? THAT is the stickler.

A poor workman blames his tools. 5,000 years ago he would have used fire and/or rocks.

The genie has been out of the bottle since the Chinese invented gun powder. It was only a matter of a few years before someone decided to add hollow metal tubes and projectiles.

Yep. But the same could be said about Nuclear weapons but I suggest a more pragmatic approach is warranted--Heck, here in the USA more people commit suicide or kill a loved one with a gun than a stranger.

It's a shame the way this conversation has gone--I've read this here before.

My guns and I will remain together--No matter what any bureaucrat decides to Rule.

My weapons are used for deterrent and defense.

Someone from a particular religion decided to go and Murder people with whom

he was disenchanted with because of their lifestyle.

It's pretty plain and simple and this type of action happens all too frequently in

the country his parents come from.

While he decided to Spill the blood of innocent party goers

the Christians in America lined up to shared their own blood to

help save the survivors----John--30

• Like 1

But automobiles are not a right provided by the constitution. I hope my propane bottle, fertilizer, kitchen knives, etc are not stolen and used to kill.

When it comes to the Second Amendment I completely understand where you are coming from and if technology or the United States hadn't developed as it has I would be right along there with you--That said, hunting was the most useful aspect of guns in the community I grew up in but thank god for supermarkets to change that dynamic for me. ;)

That said, if all of a sudden your guns and car were stolen I wonder which you would invest in first.
Well of course I would replace the automobile, how else would I get the the gun store?
  • Like 1