What tube amp to use with the LA Scala?

dirtmudd

What I'm using now so don't laugh ! Dared VP 20 , Conrad Johnson PV 7 , thornes TD 125 with tp 25 tone arm. & the legendary family dollar find GPX DVD/CD player.

At least it's better than a Bose wave radio. All you have to do is take the

O & the E out of Bose and that's what you have.post-63465-0-29780000-1466641846_thumb.j

Edited by dirtmudd
  • Like 1

If they are in your 10.5 X 11.5 room a 1-2 wpc SEP or SET will let you blow out your ear drums.  Consider something like the Decware Zen Triode or, if you have electronics experience, you can build your own for around $300.  The best part is that the sound you get from these types of amps will likely surpass that of expensive, high power, units.  What's the point of having high power available if your loudest listening is likely to need only 1/2 wpc, if that much?  

Maynard

If they are in your 10.5 X 11.5 room a 1-2 wpc SEP or SET will let you blow out your ear drums.  Consider something like the Decware Zen Triode or, if you have electronics experience, you can build your own for around $300.  The best part is that the sound you get from these types of amps will likely surpass that of expensive, high power, units.  What's the point of having high power available if your loudest listening is likely to need only 1/2 wpc, if that much?  

Maynard

It's better to have it & not need it than not to have it & need it . I have checked out the decware site . And I'm not sure which way to go. Set amp or what I have mentioned before.

I have a Decware Rachael, 6 watts per channel, sound is very excellent, but like you I have decided to have a little more power, probably don't need it, but I ordered a Torii Junior, 20 watts per channel.

I will say these amps are very clear with a beautiful full sound, and very very detailed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...