NOTE: Planned Forum Maintenance

• Administrators

This forum will undergo an extended period of downtime while we perform a software upgrade and server migration.

What to expect:

The forums will go down for maintenance around 4pm EDT this Friday, July 29.

During this time, we will upgrade the forums to the latest version of IP.Board.

Also, we will be migrating the forums to a different server. 

We will bring the forums back up on the following Monday, August 1, sometime in the morning, EDT.

The new version of IP.Board is a major revision, so most things in terms of user interface will be different. However:

• Your posts, PMs, and Gallery Images will remain intact
  • Your account login should not change at all, nor should your profile - however, profiles may have additional features after the upgrade.

Why are we doing this?

• Spam prevention tools and other security upgrades will be current, and we'll be able to continue to apply future updates to security.
  • The forums will work much better on mobile devices (without the need for the Tapatalk app)
  • The current version has reached end-of-life in support and development.

What'll change?

• The basic functionality of the forum will be mostly the same. You'll be able to make new topics, post replies, send PMs, etc. None of the core forum functionality changes in any major way.
  • Most of the User Interface will look very different to you. Don't panic, you'll get used to it. It's actually pretty easy to use.
  • Lots of new features, such as custom activity feeds, a new "question and answer" forum type, and a vastly improved post editor.

If you have any questions, please ask them here.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, and get ready to "pardon our dust!"

P.S.: Want a sneak peak at the new forum software? Check this out, and sign up here: http://b70208.try.invisionpower.com/

(NOTE: This is a temporary demo site which will be deleted by this Friday. It's also not intended to reflect the final look/feel of the Klipsch-branded forums, but you should get an idea of the major differences in the new version.)

• Like 2

Pay attention blind baby

The forums will go down for maintenance around 4pm EDT this Friday, July 29.
We will bring the forums back up on the following Monday, August 1, sometime in the morning, EDT.

Thanks for the info Chad.  Given that everything goes smoothly....how long do you expect to be in maintenance mode?

Forum members who's name begin with J may be off line longer than normal.

Sorry, don't know how I missed the info.  Wow, an entire weekend without the forum?  Dang, I might have to cut the grass.

You know we don't like change.  

:wacko2::emotion-41::unsure2::blink2:

How long do you think it will be until someone emails your boss demanding:

1.  Delete all my old posts

2.  Threats of a law suit if I don't get my way

3.  Change it all back

:tongue: 

(yeah, I bet Chad thinks I'm friggin' hilarious :rolleyes: )

• Administrators

I wish website owners had chosen XenForo instead of IPBoard. it's the most sophisticated forum maker script available in the market. 

We wouldn't as easily been able to migrate the OLD forums to that system. We chose IP Board for that reason, among many other reasons - the biggest being XenForo wasn't anywhere near being as good as it is now back in 2013.

• Like 2

I am just worried that the moderators will not be compensated for their time off.  I am mean other than being drunk (expect Youthman) and moderating the forum, what else do they have to do with their lives?

Keep up the good work Chad, its nice to see that Klipsch is continuously keeping the forum updated.

Thank you.

Crap, what am i going to do all weekend???

Uh.......drink?????

I already do that when I'm reading the forum...that way I don't feel like i'm drinking alone.   B)

I feel the same...Maybe Chad can leave the temp site up for the weekend????? This way we can give it a real good test....

Another Question....Will there be an option for Dual authentication? I recently did this with my gmail account. I sign in from any computer and a notification is immediately sent to my phone with a code that I have to enter.

I really like this feature.

Edited by Steve_S

• Administrators
Maybe Chad can leave the temp site up for the weekend????? This way we can give it a real good test

It's a 5-day trial site that was auto generated. I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

• Chad unpinned this topic