Forum Facelift 2016

wvu80

What would be nice is to somehow have the last post # you were at on a particular thread. Let's say you went on vacation and the thread has progressed from six pages to ten. Go to click on it it'll take you or show you where your last comment was. I'm sure I could have written that better but hope you get the gist.

Peace.

BTW liking the new layout. Great job.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, jweber said:

And some posts show only the month / day and not the year....some do show the year. 

If it's a post that was made within the past hour, it displays as "X minutes ago", within the past 24 hours: "X hours ago", the past 7 days: "X (day) at (time", the past year: "(month) (day)", and previous years: "(month) (day) (year)"

No matter what, you can always hover over the post date to see the exact post date and time, for any post.

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Rxonmymind said:

What would be nice is to somehow have the last post # you were at on a particular thread. Let's say you went on vacation and the thread has progressed from six pages to ten. Go to click on it it'll take you or show you where your last comment was. I'm sure I could have written that better but hope you get the gist.

Peace.

BTW liking the new layout. Great job.

If you use the Activity tab, you can view an Activity feed that shows you all posts that have been made since your last visit. I know that's not 100% what you are talking about, but it's something. There are also several other options there, and you can even make your own custom Activity feeds to see exactly what you want.

• Like 1

Your scripts drive my 3 meg internet connection nuts. Scroll and wait, scroll and wait. Sum total of the new system it takes me much longer to do things. I also have to constantly bring up the side scroller which shuts off after some time and I don't know why. Also the posts aren't sorted by the time posted.

JJK

• Administrators

A few people are saying the layout looks too "sterile".... whatever that means. I'm not sure how it look any more "sterile" than this: https://web.archive.org/web/20160715160251/https://community.klipsch.com/

Anyway, the themes are a work in progress. I'll continue to tweak them.

Thanks for your constructive feedback guys. Keep it coming... as long as it's constructive, not something like "it sucks! WHAAAA! (click)"

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chad said:

A few people are saying the layout looks too "sterile".... whatever that means. I'm not sure how it look any more "sterile" than this: https://web.archive.org/web/20160715160251/https://community.klipsch.com/

Anyway, the themes are a work in progress. I'll continue to tweak them.

Thanks for your constructive feedback guys. Keep it coming... as long as it's constructive, not something like "it sucks! WHAAAA! (click)"

I've switched to the new theme now.  I like the darker theme for late night posting as the white version (of almost anything) usually bleaches my eyeballs at night.  So far it's pleasing with the copper and black. 

Chad I notice since I quoted your post it's hard to read.  It has light gray font on a light gray background.  The URL is in copper and it's easy to read.  The quote font is  not impossible to read, just difficult.

+++

Chad:  I read the entire new Terms of Service.  Very organized, very clear.  For continuity you might want to consider finding that section you added a few months ago regarding "no pictures or links in the signature" and integrating into the TOS, then just delete that separate section.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Ok.  I'll throw another one at you...

In the old version, if you marked a forum as "read," it would not scroll back to the top.  Instead, it maintained its current scroll position.  Can the new version be tweaked to do that as well?

I don't see that behavior. It never scrolls me when I mark a forum as read.... hmmmmm

• Like 1