Should We Get A Pool or Ourdoor Living Area with Hot Tub and Fire Pit?

Youthman

• Moderators

Here are some photos showing the delivery of 5 tons of sand & crushed concrete.  Jason likes to use this guy because he is the only one he knows that will deliver two products in one load which saves on delivery cost.

backyard-build-20.jpg

Originally I was going to have him drop it on the tarp in the yard but he suggested on the driveway because if the rocks gets in the grass, it will kill it.  He said instead of dumping the crushed concrete in one large pile (since it would push out into the grass), he dumped it slowly and "walked it".  As you can see below, it laid perfectly on the driveway without spilling any on the grass.

backyard-build-21.jpg

backyard-build-22.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks great Youthman, nice color choice and I like how you did not do just the addition the whole patio was done to match. Cool addition

One question, that downspout by where you would keep the firewood, will the new patio foundation be ok with the extra water in that one spot ? Maby one of those roll out extensions, water pressure rolls it out when it rains ?

downspout-extension-3-green_lrg.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dtel said:

Looks great Youthman, nice color choice and I like how you did not do just the addition the whole patio was done to match. Cool addition

One question, that downspout by where you would keep the firewood, will the new patio foundation be ok with the extra water in that one spot ? Maby one of those roll out extensions, water pressure rolls it out when it rains ?

downspout-extension-3-green_lrg.jpg

I was thinking the same thing.

I have to get a couple of those for my downspouts.

Bill

• Moderators

Thanks everyone.  Hmmmm....I didn't get my usual email notification for any of your replies.  I just un-followed and re-followed this thread.  Hopefully it will work again because email notifications are my primary way I prefer to be notified of activity. 

On 11/15/2016 at 10:12 AM, CECAA850 said:

Any type drain in the bottom of the pit or maybe a cover?  I've always wondered what would happen to rainwater with that type pit.

No drain or cover.  The firepit sits directly on the ground, not on the pavers so my guess is it will get absorbed in the sand and dirt naturally.

On 11/15/2016 at 1:28 PM, dtel said:

I like that.  I'll see where I can pick one up.