If it's too loud...

Woofers and Tweeters

If the experience of hanging your feet out of a helicopter while restrained by a cabled vest sounds like fun, you might like EdgeWalk.  It's a new attraction at the CN Tower that lets you walk around the edge of the main pod of the tower at a height of 1168 ft/356 metres/116 storeys.  The experience lasts about 90 minutes, with 30 minutes on the outdoor walk.  The price is $195 CAD, which also gets you a keepsake video, printed photos and a certificate of achievement.

At this point in my life, I think I've done enough dangerous things that I don't have any good luck left, so I'll leave this kind of experience to folks with a greater need for excitement than me.

The sort of ring-shaped structure below is the former Canadian Pacific Railway roundhouse, now the Steam Whistle Brewery.  The big white thing is the Skydome, now called the Rogers Centre.  It has a retractable roof, seats 53,500 people, and is the home of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team.  It also has concerts.  I saw the Rolling Stones there in 1998 during the Bridges to Babylon tour.

There are lots of videos of the EdgeWalk, most of them long.  This is one of the shortest, at 91 seconds: 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Weber said:

Well, I used to not be scared of heights, but now that's not the case. I can't comfortably watch a video of someone climbing a high place. I guess it's too loud and I'm getting old.

have you seen the El Camino Del Rey Climb?

gotta watch the whole thing...

• Like 1

A couple of years ago, i had a short bout of Vertigo ... oh man, is that some intense dizziness.

Me too. That is some dizziness I never want to come back. Do you know what caused it in your case?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Weber said:

I'd take my $195 and go to the roundhouse. Trains are cool, train roundhouses are cool, beer and food is cool, staying on the ground with $150 saved in my pocket is cool. :emotion-22:

Actually, you'd save $185 if you take the basic brewery tour.  If you spend just a little more, you get souvenirs to take with you, including beer.  The reviews for the tour are pretty good.  Here's the info from the company:

http://steamwhistle.ca/tour/tourInfo.php

18 hours ago, Weber said:

I didn't know that you stopped. Sorry to hear that. I only raced a couple of season with WERA and AHRMA. I miss it all the time but wanted to hang my leathers up while I was on top. 

Yea I have a little balance issue. I did love the track experience though. I hung up my leathers up while finishing mid pack:D

• Like 1