It happened again ... you guys are ruining me

BigStewMan

So, I’m finally getting to understand this friend thing.

Once again, a forum member causes me to reevaluate my cynicism of people.

I was looking for some advice as I wanted to show my appreciation to a family member, and JimJimbo went above & beyond the call of duty and did more than just help me. His act of kindness wasn’t cheap—it cost him in both money and time; but, that didn’t stop him from immediately stepping up and helping in an area where he was able.

I’m still amazed that I’m the recipient of such a wonderful gesture of goodwill.  Now a wonderful relative will get a nice Thank You gift and she can get on her knees and thank God that she knows me (and that I know Jim) ... come on, you know i couldn't go an entire post without being a punk. :D

I’m sure you already know this; but, it bears repeating – Jim is a quality individual and his kindness deserves recognition. It is my hope to be able to share this friendship back to Jim and other forum members in the future.

THANK YOU JIM.

Sincerely,

Steve

• Like 8

I'm one of the fortunate ones that has had the pleasure of meeting JimJimbo in person and couldn't agree more. Quality individual who is always willing to help, has great gear, and makes damn good barbecue. If I didn't have a demanding career and 3 little kids I would make an effort to spend more time with him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

It seems like most people only get recognition when they do something wrong.  Very classy on your part Steve for putting it out there when somebody does something good.

Easiest way for me to say what I think.  Two VERY good peep!  But wait, there's more!  I was the recipient of an incredibly kind act in my first year on the Forum.  Sheriff Amy hadn't arrived to krush the kruel klipsch klan yet and I had a pretty rough newbie experience.  This guy swept down and sent me, at his own expense, a boxed Shure classic arm.  He wished to remain anonymous and I've maintained that.  That was only the beginning.  I've been graced with incredible Forum friends who've supported me, sent me LP's out of the blue, the world's finest...and hardest to come by...record cleaner, and so many other things over the years.  But if you act NOW, we'll include incredibly good times at private homes and most of all at Pilgrimage, now Forum sponsored and doubling in attendance every year.  To use Nimitz great quote adapted, "UNCOMMON LOVE WAS A COMMON VIRTUE"

And that's all I got to say about that...

Dave

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Question: Are any banned members allowed to participate in the Total BS section?

Not that I've ever seen.  It looks to me like if a person is banned that means no posting anywhere.

41 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Not that I've ever seen.  It looks to me like if a person is banned that means no posting anywhere.

Yep.  That's how it works.  Banning can be overturned by the administrator, but I have yet to see that happen.

Dave

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

24 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Yep.  That's how it works.  Banning can be overturned by the administrator, but I have yet to see that happen.

Thanks. Curiousity.