Motorcycle guy's

2point1

certainly dont get the cx500... that thing is a POS.

and if you get the Gixxer... make sure it;s the LE with the dry clutch for the homologation of 750's during that generation.

frankly... on that first page you linked, there isn't one bike I would want though they do have a few RS250 Aprilias that are nice.

5 minutes ago, Schu said:

certainly dont get the cx500... that thing is a POS.

and if you get the Gixxer... make sure it;s the LE with the dry clutch for the homologation of 750's during that generation.

frankly... on that first page you linked, there isn't one bike I would want though they do have a few RS250 Aprilias that are nice.

I still have my 82 GL 500, been everywhere on that thing and is basically the same bike without the turbo.

Replaced the taped up seat covers a few years ago with new ones but its covered up in the shop and too lazy to uncover it for newer pictures.

SAM_0119.JPG

• Like 2

I get goose bumps every time I visit the Ducati tuner in Alvarado... just off highway 917 (a really great number!!). The owner has the baddest collections of vintage Duc's on the planet. They're freaking everywhere in his warehouse.

I'm a bike guy but certainly more dirt than street.  All of those bikes are cool but none I would want to own.

Let's say you pick up an exotic Ducati; do any of you guys know how to adjust the valves?

Me neither.  B)

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

My dad put many miles on his Silver Wing. From here to New Fun Land 3x and out west a few times. 

Not seen it before, thanks for the link. 

I can't ride long distance like i used to but it still gets used for local enjoyment.

11 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'm a bike guy but certainly more dirt than street.  All of those bikes are cool but none I would want to own.

Let's say you pick up an exotic Ducati; do any of you guys know how to adjust the valves?

Me neither.  B)

A guy here has 3 Rotax powered dirt/ street bikes. 2 KTM, 1 ATK.

They look fun as hell. 

Adjusting the valves on a air cooled Duc. It's easy. If the motor number is after 751553 it's really easy.

18 minutes ago, 2point1 said:

A guy here has 3 Rotax powered dirt/ street bikes. 2 KTM, 1 ATK.

They look fun as hell. 

Adjusting the valves on a air cooled Duc. It's easy. If the motor number is after 751553 it's really easy.

In my younger years I spend a LOT of time in the garage working on my race bike.  I enjoyed that.

Now I'm old, and I enjoy NOT doing that.  B)

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Me neither.  B)

I am a dirt bike guy, I took a Honda 750 to my dirt bike sand track, and couldn't understand why the shocks kept bottoming out?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It's what you do right after you set the gap on your points.

Haha...I vaguely remember points. 

The reason for my remark about valve adjustments, I've owned about 20 Honda motorcycles. Most of them required a valve check around 15k miles. Some I never put that many miles on, but 5-6 I did put a lot of miles on. I did the adjustments on 3 of them, but they all checked out fine, so no adjusting was needed. The last two bikes I never even opened them up. I have one in my garage with almost 30k on it, no adjustment yet, I might look into it soon. I don't ride hard like I used to, if I was hitting the rev limiter I might be worried, and there's only a couple people have ever ridden this bike. The bike in the pic has gear driven cams, pretty rare, and I've heard they're more durable than chain driven cams.