Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Welllll, guess my toes won't hit the dumpster after all.  2 - 3rd and 3 -2nd degree burns on my foot have officially "almost" made it.  Reduced to two band aids by the Doc today.  Go back in a month and hopefully they'll kick me outta the nest.   

Made the best of jam nite tonight.  One of the guys picked up a board and a pair of speakers another band unloaded.  Funny watching him tweek while holding a beer glass full of Crown Royal and playing bass at the same time.  He'd hit a couple notes, tweek something then slam some Crown and repeat.  I was laffin my rear off at him.  A man on a mission.  Tweekin a board off his monitor.  😂

• Like 7

Back in Belgium after hiking for seven days in Morocco. I've got only one African vinyl album: Anouar Brahem - Barzakh

So that's the obvious choice to play. I have the rest of his work on CD. 

I heard little or no recorded music during the trip, except the cacophonic mix on the squares of Marrakech. I'm sure there is a rich tradition of Moroccon music, so now I have a reason to go back! 

PSX_20230225_082903.thumb.jpg.3794e5ba5668900a825ac5a34d215aa0.jpg

• Like 6

I totally fell for an Instagram ad that seemed wholly targeted at me: Held By Trees’ Solace, featuring alumni of Talk Talk, Mark Hollis, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and the Pretenders’ Robbie McIntosh, an instrumental LP that covers Post Rock, Prog, Jazz, Blues & Rock. Given the pedigree it boasts, the record is very dynamic, coming alive in the pauses and spaces between, deftly summoning the vibe of Talk Talk’s epic Spirit of Eden, while avoiding being a mere simulacrum of what’s come before. I’m enthralled.
331571849_720086993171454_13243340833075

331604371_918336275961154_22082866737206

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, gigantic said:
I totally fell for an Instagram ad that seemed wholly targeted at me: Held By Trees’ Solace, featuring alumni of Talk Talk, Mark Hollis, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and the Pretenders’ Robbie McIntosh, an instrumental LP that covers Post Rock, Prog, Jazz, Blues & Rock. Given the pedigree it boasts, the record is very dynamic, coming alive in the pauses and spaces between, deftly summoning the vibe of Talk Talk’s epic Spirit of Eden, while avoiding being a mere simulacrum of what’s come before. I’m enthralled.
331571849_720086993171454_13243340833075

331604371_918336275961154_22082866737206

https://youtu.be/RumGniGdO4g

• Like 4

@mustang_flht good deal. If you ever had even moderate static you'll notice after a while it is not there anymore!

Love mine, it's suede, won't be changing mats again.

Felt?            aarrrggh

Cork            no

Leather       hear only what's imprinted in the grooves

http://hideinthesound.com/?product_cat=suede-mats

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You recall the scorn for that one when it came out?

Didn't get it until a few years later. Not bad if you can accept that they could change their style like lots of talented bands have done from one record to another!

I took it as a change, but I didn't know what they were thinking.

Even CODA, which I thought they embarrassed themselves!

But what the fu*&k do I know.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Mikekid said:

And obvious good taste in music there KROCK👌

Canpakes w/maple syrup again today @KROCK???  😂

That lp sure created the controversy.  Dropping two years after they quit was strange in itself.  Then when the word got out about the contractual stuff?  Lotsa people turned on the labels.  Not a bad album but...    :)

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Coda was a bridge too far for me, I traded it at the used record store.

There ya go.  I'm typing this and JohnJ  comments.  Just the way it was and I think the band just wanted closure. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1