Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

19 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Cd's are the easy way out but...  You're gonna gravitate back to those tables in time. 

It's that stuff you find on the cd's you like.  Then you're gonna wonder just how it would sound on a turntable.  That heavy cardboard jacket with the artwork instead of a pic of the artwork on a piece of paper shoved in your "jewel" case.  The physicality of it all.  That big heavy disc.  Yup, either way you're toast!  lol  I gave it a shot for a couple weeks, looked at what I have in vinyl, compared the sounds and went right back to vinyl.   You could be different though.   

Nope, not debating it.  Just my preference.  I'm spinnin my way out!  lol

IMG_2741.jpg.9ee6a7380f95ae8ee054246bf0476570.jpg

"The physicality of it all." 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I wanna post "Let's Get Physical" right now but I could never walk back in here if I did.  😂   That song was just nasty yet sold millions.

The cut outs, wooden block work just allllll of that is missing in that lil jewel box.  You know that lil clear plastic box that ALWAYS breaks somewhere along the line.  :)

Gimme somethin I can admire and fall in love with.  That sweet sound of whatever it may be and I'm a happy boy.  Sure beats the h3ll outta those lil shiny discs. 

AND to think they used LP's to trap shoot with when those CD's came out!  I mean trap shooting is a sport!  Shrink that disc size, add a shiny surface to one side and have at it.  Afterall, it's a competition isn't it?  :)

Prove it?  Got my rear parked and I'm absolutely LOVIN John Coltrane's new "in the WiNNERS CiRCLE" LP!  I can hug that jacket and melt into that groove.  Oh wait...  Do CD's even HAVE grooves?  Can't catch a groove if there aren't any.  :)

Love the concept of cd's first then buying the LP's.  Me?  When that vinyl drops ya take a deep breath, dive in and pray.    😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ha!  Just unzipped this one by Jerry Lee Lewis.  It was time for a clean all inclusive Jerry Lee slab of love to drop.  Right there with Link Wray back in the day.  Hot n Sassy!  What a great lp!

@MicroMara hit the nail on the head last week when he listed the run down of hot German clubs.  Knew the lp was laying here and he said Hamburg sooooo, there's that.

"Live at the Star Club in Hamburg" was a good bet!  He flat a$$ rocks this one start to finish.  Side 2???  He starts with "Great Balls of Fire" and it only gets better!  To start with that on the last side had me blinkin.  That's the go to.  NOT!  He'll slay ya on this one.

20230227-175943.jpg

Pushin $40 but worth EVERY penny.  It'll leave ya breeaaatthhhlessss!  :)

• Like 3

Just one other lil thing happened when I unzipped it and went to pull the album out...  SHAZAAAAMMMM  That's alllllll attached to the INSIDE of the double gatefold.  One amazing fold to get it all in there.

20230227-175747.jpg

It blossoms out as you open the double gatefold.  It COULD be dual purpose too.  If you're really hungry just start to open it and wrap some duck tape around the outside of it.  Would make a great salad bowl to share out of.  Xtra guacamole please.   :)

Haven't seen one of those on anything new in years!

See that CD lover's???????  Ya'll'd starve to death!  PHYSICAL!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rollin w/just a lil BB King "In London" right now.  Got him allll over it.  He was one who never disappointed anyone.  Just always took ya for a nice ride.   :)

B.B. King in London is a studio album by B.B. King, recorded in London in 1971. He is accompanied by US session musicians and various British rock- and R&B musicians, including Ringo Starr, Alexis Korner and Gary Wright, as well as members of Spooky Tooth and Humble Pie, Greg Ridley, Steve Marriott, and Jerry Shirley.

The album was released in the United Kingdom on November 19, 1971, in order to coincide with the first date of King's tour of the country.[6]

John Lennon had announced that he would perform on some of the tracks, but ended up having no involvement with the album.[7]

20230221-172904.jpg

Yes @KROCK this one too!  He's a bendin those strings in the RIGHT direction for sure!    Thank me later!  😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

The cut outs, wooden block work just allllll of that is missing in that lil jewel box.  You know that lil clear plastic box that ALWAYS breaks somewhere along the line.  :)

Gimme somethin I can admire and fall in love with.  That sweet sound of whatever it may be and I'm a happy boy.  Sure beats the h3ll outta those lil shiny discs. 

I just can't help it, heard this a half million times on the way to work for a decade or so "John Boy & Billy" on 99.7 mornings

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I'm surprised by this Pink Floyd debut because it is in mono

Does anybody have both mono and stereo, and which do you prefer? 

https://www.amazon.com.be/dp/B09Q3ZS8YV?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_H83C2ZBA53107A9EDPSG

Screenshot_20230228_064719_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Pink Floyd – The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, 1967 was first released in mono then in the same year in stereo 

So yes both mono & stereo were released 

But since I don’t have a copy myself I can’t comment on what version is best 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Update on kidney stone adventure. With a Stent inserted, and having had my first meal in 48 hours, I'm doing much better now! 

I'll be going home this afternoon and can't wait to play some good vinyl records. Will definitely help me deal with the ordeal I went through. Some light classic, Bach, and some easy going jazz should do the trick! 

Thanks for your support! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Update on kidney stone adventure. With a Stent inserted, and having had my first meal in 48 hours, I'm doing much better now! 

I'll be going home this afternoon and can't wait to play some good vinyl records. Will definitely help me deal with the ordeal I went through. Some light classic, Bach, and some easy going jazz should do the trick! 

Thanks for your support! 

@MeloManiac hope your felling better. did you pass the stone?

• Like 1