Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

ACH JA ...I couldn't say NO again , since today I have my NoS Entré 1 MC in operation.

Originally manufactured by Soltear Acoustics Inc. Japan. The Lentek Entré 1 MC was designed by Mr. Matsudaira, who began his career as a designer at Tokyo Sound Co. in 1959. For ten years he worked for NHK (Japanese National Broadcast) where he designed tonearms and cartridges. In 1967 he moved to SUPEX as chief designer. From 1970 to the late 1990s, he worked as a senior designer for many famous brands, including Entré, Miyabi, Kouetsu, Audio Craft and Air Tight. In 2003, he founded his own company My Sonic Lab in Japan.

LentekBox.thumb.jpg.d1cb68c9149f3758b326dcbfeca1b74e.jpgLentekBox1.thumb.jpg.1f515eefceab4ae030df53966fc32d5f.jpgEntr1.thumb.jpg.c757a78731dd614e0c91f13a12ef425c.jpgEntr12.thumb.jpg.3460152ba64396df94699f590e6784a1.jpgEntr13.thumb.jpg.9db2977b333db1beb00d497925389de3.jpgEntr14.thumb.jpg.5f610fcf1b0ffa20225bb24f9c5c882f.jpg

Technical specifications:

• Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 50.000 Hz
  • Output Voltage: 0,2 mV (3.54cm/s, 1000 Hz, 45 degree)
  • Channel Balance: within 1 db (1000 Hz)
  • Channel Separation: better than 28 db (1000 Hz)
  • Compliance: 10 x 10-6cm/dyne
  • Impedance: 3.0 ohms
  • Recommended Load Resistance: 100 ohms
  • Tracking Force: 1.8 grams + 0.3 grams
  • Vertical Tracking: 20 Degree
  • Stylus: diamond Elliptical, with a radius of 0.3 mil x 0.8 mil
  • Mass: 5.8 grams
  • Mounting: ½” or 12.7 mm

Runs on 100 Ohm Load & 74 dB amplification, sounds simply enchanting!

The Cartridge King!😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Merry Christmas for all of You too!

@Full Range @Dave1291 @MicroMara @JohnJ @GWSmith @Tim Sr. @MeloManiac @billybob

As You may know, we had a nasty storm here for the past three days, yesterday a little snow. Snow didn´t last long and is now replaced by perpetual rain. Doesn´t look like white Christmas (again)... Too warm...

But, it´s the right weather for spinning and having good food!   Stay healthy, all of You! 

You´ve forgotten @KROCK & @dirtmudd   🫢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, KROCK said:

The Cartridge King!😁

No Sir I´m not the King of Carts , I´m just a littel old guy cart maniac. I´m member of the german analogue audio association. Close to 17.000 Members, it´s about vintage to present analogue audiotechnology for TT´s, Cartridges, R2R, Tuner, Tapedeck, etc. pp. There´re members who own a cartridge collection which has value of approx. 150 K€ , but even these guys a quiet smart and aren´t arrogant or something similar. Last autum they made an event in a hotel andintroduced their private gear to let the members listen to , the top class set up was worth  one million € . 

So as I toldyou .....😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

I do have to apologise about my absence in posting records lately 

However I have a good reason?

Granddaughter 3.5yo and Wife decided to take over my music room for Christmas for a few weeks 

So I can still play in background mode via the Bluesound Node as the whole system is obstructed 

Don’t believe me - ha or should I say HoHoHo and just post a picture 

They even put trolls on my TT 

Wishing you all a veryMerry Christmas 🎅 and I know it’s a day or two early as we are 12 hours ahead in Australia 🇦🇺 but I will be head chef on Christmas Day so I may only have a quick check on the forum to see what’s new 🤘

IMG-4814.jpg

Oh and I forgot to mention that Darth Vader has joined the tree life this year 

IMG-4787.jpg

5 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Merry Christmas for all of You too!

@Full Range @Dave1291 @MicroMara @JohnJ @GWSmith @Tim Sr. @MeloManiac @billybob

As You may know, we had a nasty storm here for the past three days, yesterday a little snow. Snow didn´t last long and is now replaced by perpetual rain. Doesn´t look like white Christmas (again)... Too warm...

But, it´s the right weather for spinning and having good food!   Stay healthy, all of You! 

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

w_schrift_u_17.gif.9dfdb71d823498c2ee4a04c79e1ddee8.gif   😂

Mariah.thumb.jpg.a44e2f02088414af10b81657ccc6653b.jpg

2 hours ago, KROCK said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

410196733_754951399994547_6171198141583386279_n.jpg

45 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You´ve forgotten @KROCK & @dirtmudd   🫢

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

Very Merry Christmas to EVERYONE :) here.

I must also include a thank you to everyone here, for being such a great community, for keeping my spirits up during such a hard year, as many here have had as well. As I celebrate the birth of the Savior I do so knowing that I am not alone, or forgotten, and that is how I praise the Savior for showing me a community I find endearing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL HERE!

and thank you

Tim

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Remember when I mentioned a record I was looking for in the collection 

Well I couldn’t find it and that made me mad as hell 

So I purchased Richard Wright - Wet Dreams (The new Steve Wilson mix) 

And at the same time I purchased an obscure release that I’m sure no one here has heard of - By the way it was released only on cassette and again  on vinyl a few years ago, and when I saw it I just had to have it.

So I will keep it a secret for now and keep you in suspense until it arrives

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

I always thought having cassettes and CDs in my car was a nuisance and a distraction but... 

(I came across this on some social media network...) 

Muhammad Ali had a record player that played 45 rpm records built into his automobile. In the 60s, Norelco "Auto Mignon" only held one 45 rpm record at a time, for 4½ minutes of play, potentially distracting the driver with the need for multiple record changes.

Consumer Reports claims the Norelco players were able to keep the needle on the record while driving and that the needle performance was "unaffected by rough roads, car sway, and sharp braking."  However, "a steady stylus had its price, wearing down the records from the high pressure required to keep it in place. And the RCA unit's turntable ran fast, speeding up records," according to CR. In addition, there was nowhere to put the vinyl since the Norelco didn't store any records.

Car record players soon made way for the eight-track tape deck. In September 1965, the Ford Motor Company introduced factory-installed and dealer-installed eight-track tape players as an option on three of its 1966 models (the sporty Mustang, luxurious Thunderbird, and high-end Lincoln), and RCA Victor introduced 175 Stereo-8 Cartridges from its RCA Victor and RCA Camden labels of recording artists catalogs.

FB_IMG_1703585190770.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4