Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Know that one well, didn't notice & never looked for the instruments used. It was laid out for each song at the discogs page.

The Camel that Paul posted was kind of a far-out way to finish up my coffee this rainy morning, adventurous progressive tunes! 

• Like 2

Plant had a guy touring w/him who played a hurdy gurdy.  THAT had a coolness factor and sounded great. 

I'm onto my free vet day hit list today.  Gonna pig out.  Hit the local Legion for sausage & pancakes  early and getting ready to hit the big chains nearby and take another free ride..  Steak, tater, salad @ Texas Roadhouse, then down the road for free pie, then hitting Lowe's for furnace air filters, BestBuy for some nickel dime stuff if they have it, then Olive Garden for free food, and a quick stop at Red Lobster for a free shrimp cocktail Barnes & Noble for a new book and back to duckburg bloated.

I always hit the restaurants when I'm over there shopping so they get it back.  Yea, I'm THAT cheap!  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/9/2021 at 3:41 AM, Mossy bottom said:

Thanks Full Range.

Here is a photo of my main Stereo.

spacer.png

It's currently in temp storage.  I've moved, and am working on new and improved music room.  Hopefully I'll have it completed in beginning of the New Year.  It consists of two 1960 Dynaco ST-70's,  a Tube Nirvana (Holger Audio) pre-amp and Phono stage. A VPI Prime TT, Klipschorns and Heresy's.

I'm currently listening to an Outlaw Receiver, a Creek phono stage, Linn Sondek LP12 TT, and an OPPO digital player, and my trusty Cornwalls.  It's all in my shop.  

Cheers

smilie-gross_338.gif

Very very nice @Mossy bottom 

Nice to meet you here again ....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Camel use lots of instruments.

The Glockenspiel? Who was it, Jethro Tull, Mike Oldfield or Rick Wakeman who used it last in a recording?

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I would guess it was none of those, but instead a symphony orchestra, or a percussion ensemble.

On the song Skylines, one instrument is used that I had when I was a boy 

It’s a Swanee whistle or sliding whistle 

https://youtu.be/PPvzH0-5edE

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok, here we go.  Together yet you ask?  Pics or it didn't happen?  Every LS has to have a sub?  

Mmmmm yes, it's FINALLY together.  Drive a few more nails for junk,  Pick up junk. Maybe even dust!  Xmas is the target date but subject to change and my motivation to 'Git-'er-DONE!

IMG-20211111-230659600.jpg

No room for a R2R either you two!  

LS needing subs?  Mmmmm, ok I can tell you this much.  Yea, I get that BUT this "repurposed" sub was worth the wait.  Sure I could have bought something but man...  Get outta here! 

I've been sitting here for 3 hours listening to this rig throwing tons of good stuff at it and it hasn't waivered.  The only fault I can find is I prolly should have sent the woofers in for a re-cone but inaudible to my buddy.  Sounds great but I like it tight and crisp.  Ya gotta love tite right???  Crisp isn't all bad either or is it??? 😂  My buddy?  He's sittin in the driver's seat with that deer in the headlights look.  😂  I just laff.  Kids!  😂 

PWK sooooo knew his schiit.  Prolly had a sub in mind perhaps?  Wonder if Chief Bonehead has ever answered that or do any of you guys know?  Interesting.  He took things is small bites when he began, thinker and pretty darn sharp.  He never stopped.  I guess that's why he set the hook deep in all of us.  Wonder what he'd think of Bose systems back in the day???  😂  

***  Yes, if you read this and are wanting another feather in your cap you have to go into Cable, Coffe, Cocktailsl, & Cycles to pick it up and see the list of credits.  See what I did there???  :)  Curiosity killed the cat.  Or did it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Playing around with my Pick-Up Collection and changed the cartridge today . The Audio Technica SL 20A ist great, also very great is my Nagaoka OS 300 MP Moving Iron on the tube phono pre amp ..I´m flashed ..😂 Has less that 100 hours of operation and I got an original OS 300 MP spare needle on stock as well....So I´m save till I´m dying .....🤣

1133854791_NagaokaOS300MP.thumb.jpg.5720d60b11cbe072bbb7993e436395e9.jpg1121718828_NagaokaOS300MP1.thumb.jpg.69ae83cfea6926f5e8f9014c3ea77e03.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@MicroMara you're a funny boy...  I quit at 5AM and rolled out a few minutes ago.  9AM EST.  Now to make some coffee or actually suit up and go out for breakfast.  Breakfast is gonna win me thinks.  THEN settle in w/coffee here after.  Suns up so I can shove the foot on the gas and go.  😂 

Better keep an eye on @jubilee333 she's a sleeper me thinks.  Now you've got ME thinking about that LP.  That's TWICE you've mentioned in now.  Must be good huh?  lolol

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Ok, here we go.  Together yet you ask?  Pics or it didn't happen?  Every LS has to have a sub?  

Mmmmm yes, it's FINALLY together.  Drive a few more nails for junk,  Pick up junk. Maybe even dust!  Xmas is the target date but subject to change and my motivation to 'Git-'er-DONE!

IMG-20211111-230659600.jpg

No room for a R2R either you two!  

LS needing subs?  Mmmmm, ok I can tell you this much.  Yea, I get that BUT this "repurposed" sub was worth the wait.  Sure I could have bought something but man...  Get outta here! 

I've been sitting here for 3 hours listening to this rig throwing tons of good stuff at it and it hasn't waivered.  The only fault I can find is I prolly should have sent the woofers in for a re-cone but inaudible to my buddy.  Sounds great but I like it tight and crisp.  Ya gotta love tite right???  Crisp isn't all bad either or is it??? 😂  My buddy?  He's sittin in the driver's seat with that deer in the headlights look.  😂  I just laff.  Kids!  😂 

PWK sooooo knew his schiit.  Prolly had a sub in mind perhaps?  Wonder if Chief Bonehead has ever answered that or do any of you guys know?  Interesting.  He took things is small bites when he began, thinker and pretty darn sharp.  He never stopped.  I guess that's why he set the hook deep in all of us.  Wonder what he'd think of Bose systems back in the day???  😂  

***  Yes, if you read this and are wanting another feather in your cap you have to go into Cable, Coffe, Cocktailsl, & Cycles to pick it up and see the list of credits.  See what I did there???  :)  Curiosity killed the cat.  Or did it?

Are those 2x4's sitting next to your Black Sub? What are they doing there? LOL.

• Haha 3