What I Got Today!

Brac

On 12/12/2016 at 6:02 PM, teaman said:

I just picked up another KLF-C7 today. Easily the best center speaker i have ever owned.

s-l1600.jpg

I was hugely disappointed for Christmas. I bought a Klipsch KLF-C7 center and received a KV-4. The Ebay pics and description were for the KLF-C7 but this guy sent me the wrong speaker....I ended up with a KV-4.  After speaking with the seller I understand now that he was out of town and left it up to his wife to list the center speaker for him. Sounds like she copied and pasted something from Google images into the ad and described it as so. The KV-4 speaker is actually in nice shape and it fits a bit better on my shelf under my tv than the KLF-C7 would have. Also, for my trouble the seller refunded $85 back to my account.....so for a little over $100 delivered it might end up my best deal yet....now I kind of feel sorry for the guy. I could not imagine my wife listing something for me she knows nothing about

Tim

• Like 7

Looks like great items are being posted here...............well, for me, it was time to downsize my trusty Roland keyboard amp (15" driver)..  Weight of 75 lbs. and rolling it around parking lots and venues since the mid 90ies was starting to get excessive...   Time to upgrade to something smaller, yet LOTS more powerful and loaded with features with a nice price point.

So, called my sales tech at Sweetwater and ordered a new Behringer KXD-12 amp....    This model has everything the KC-500 has including XLR stereo outs for our sound tech (even though he has direct boxes....). 4 stereo channels input, Turbo Sound brand 12" woofer, Klark Teknik effects, 7 band eq.  600 watts bi-amped output!

Here is a bunch of photos of the unwrapping........OH, I bought this without ever hearing it, just by the reviews alone did it for me.............and after about a half hour of testing with my Korg Kronos pair, I am extremely happy :D        IMG_2085.jpgIMG_2087.jpgIMG_2091.jpgIMG_2093.jpgIMG_2097.jpgIMG_2098.jpgIMG_2100.jpgIMG_2101.jpg....Thanks for looking :)

• Like 8

congrats Gary.  A buddy of mine is a regular shopper at Sweetwater...although he swears that he has enough gear already. He’s one of those guys that can play everything. Trumpet, drums, keys, guitar, and bass are what i know he plays. He gave me a list of his equipment once and I realized what he meant when he said that he didn’t have room for more gear.

We were laughing one day when he got a royalty check. He had written a song years ago and various artists were sampling it -- he had never heard any of the other songs either ... but he was still getting paid. 

• Like 4

What a story Steve!  Thank for your comment...........Guess I am basically a one dimensional musician huh ?   Well, I can play Tuba and Sousaphone, and was able to get a good sound out of a Tenor sax and my former  lady friend's orchestral flute ^_^  Fingering is the same on those two wind instruments pretty much...  Same for the B flat brass... they are just in different ranges.

Can't wait to get this amp on stage, although it is just my personal monitor, it will be good to have a smaller box then the BIG Roland.  And still have great sound!

See you in RTM....

............g

49 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

What a story Steve!  Thank for your comment...........Guess I am basically a one dimensional musician huh ?   Well, I can play Tuba and Sousaphone, and was able to get a good sound out of a Tenor sax and my former  lady friend's orchestral flute ^_^  Fingering is the same on those two wind instruments pretty much...  Same for the B flat brass... they are just in different ranges.

Can't wait to get this amp on stage, although it is just my personal monitor, it will be good to have a smaller box then the BIG Roland.  And still have great sound!

See you in RTM....

............g

well, i wouldn’t call you one dimensional. is a tuba as hard to hold as it appears?

3 hours ago, Tigerman said:

So, called my sales tech at Sweetwater and ordered a new Behringer KXD-12 amp....    This model has everything the KC-500 has including XLR stereo outs for our sound tech (even though he has direct boxes....). 4 stereo channels input, Turbo Sound brand 12" woofer, Klark Teknik effects, 7 band eq.  600 watts bi-amped output!

NICE Gary...

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Nice score Gary. Will you keep the Roland? I didn't know if you are a "keep the gear" kind of guy. 

I know some people aren't crazy about Behringer amps, but I think they're pretty good for the money. I have an 18" Behringer bass amp, and for a couple hundred dollars it sounds good to me. Just curious, do you wear any kind of IEM while playing?

Nice score -- the look of the Maxima has changed quite a bit over the years...for the better too.  That one looks sharp.

You remind me of my parents.  One afternoon my Mom needed some stuff from the grocery store, so off they went.  They were gone for a long time. They came home with a new car.  She wasn’t in a very good mood, so i’m guessing it wasn’t her idea.  All i can remember is her saying, “we went out for a loaf of bread and came back with a new car."

• Like 5

Nice score -- the look of the Maxima has changed quite a bit over the years...for the better too.  That one looks sharp.

You remind me of my parents.  One afternoon my Mom needed some stuff from the grocery store, so off they went.  They were gone for a long time. They came home with a new car.  She wasn’t in a very good mood, so i’m guessing it wasn’t her idea.  All i can remember is her saying, “we went out for a loaf of bread and came back with a new car."

I had no intention or thoughts of another car when left to go eat lol GF deserves it her car just hit 92k she works hard so I'm glad she's happy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, A1UC said:

Went out for dinner and ended up with another car

Don't you hate it when that happens?

+++

I am a Honda guy, but I bought a Maxima one year, much older than yours for sure.  I loved the performance, but it demanded hi-test and I couldn't keep the check engine lights off.

+++

Who is in Rockford?  That is the home of one of my favorite Drum and Bugle Corps, the Phantom Regiment.  They play all-classical music on the football field, and man, what a horn line!

7453001010_886c30b227_b.jpg

• Like 2

WOW, nice Maxima! 

WOW, the site of those BUGLES gave me good chills !!  I am going to have to look them up !

Ceptor.......to answer your question.......I just keep the gear....  I have a collection of keyboards in the studio and all over the house and out in the garage in their cases..  There is also a COMPLETE keyboard rig at the rehearsal site from my latest retired workstations along with a mixer and stereo amp and two monitor speakers (stereo is nice to have, but too much to set up on stage)..   But yeah, I should sell some of this stuff!  Thanks for your interest...

Happy New Year too :emotion-46:  :emotion-19:

• Like 2

I had no intention or thoughts of another car when left to go eat lol GF deserves it her car just hit 92k she works hard so I'm glad she's happy .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My jeep hit 203000 yesterday. Hook it up dude. Seriously nice ride, congrats.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!