What I Got Today!

Brac

Very nice headphones. I've never heard a pair of those, I'm sure they sound spectacular. Congrats.

The Utopia by Focal and the Abyss are my 2 favorite headphones, I listen to my headphone setup 90% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Look what just walked in the door? Hooking it up tonight, it's too nice outside to be in the basement all day....65 degrees in NW Indiana today.

IMG_3554 (Large).JPG

Beautiful, Jim. 

After a cold winter I don't think anybody would fault you for wanting to get outside today.  :cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Been borrowing lenses the past few months to see where I want to settle for my newish DSLR kit. Here's the first half, which arrived yesterday. The 85mm f/1.2 should be arriving in the next week or so. This duo should cover about 98% of what I would ever want to capture.

IMG_0216.thumb.JPG.d6719b6935d5627dbd54c9eddd5eda57.JPG

Nice, Michael!!    You can take that setup whale shark swimming....

• Like 1

They do through their canon pro services membership. Otherwise there's places like lensrentals.com to facilitate such endeavours. 

Most of it was determining the focal lengths I tend to prefer, and the types of photography I gravitate towards - portraiture and reportage/lifestyle. Vast majority of my favorite shots were in the 80-85 range, or 35 equivalent. I'm a bokeh ***** and wanted the better build quality of L lenses regardless of the similar performance of less expenses lenses after you start to stop down to f4+.

Looked hard at zeiss/voigtlander but with two active girls I wanted the flexibility of auto focus.

Sigma art has exceptional image quality, though QC, focus consistency, and long term reliability continue to be a frustration beyond the initial two week reviews most often plastered around the net.

So I landed on these two.

Didn't "get it today"....but did get it on the road this past weekend. New to me...2004 Volvo S60R....bought it with a blown headgasket....had head/block decked and pressure checked...went ahead and replaced timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, tensioners, pulleys, coils packs, wires, plugs, all gaskets (head, intake/exhaust manifolds, etc...) and a bunch of other hoses, vacuum lines, charge pipes replaced with silicone upgrades. Has aftermarket downpipe, stainless exhaust and a very conservative tune....approx. 325hp I'd guess at this point with it hitting about 17lbs of boost.

Needs a new radiator soon....plastic end-tank separates from core under boost...loosing coolant.....may go ahead and upgrade to a Front Mount Intercooler while replacing it.

Paint is excellent...tires nearly new....probably replace rotors and pads soon as well.

Not bad for $1800 invested....and a few weekends of work....was a fun ride into work this morning for sure....has the BEST factory sound system I'm ever heard....Harmon Kardon speakers with alpine amp...(4) 8" woofers (2)6.5" mids (2) 3" mids and (4)1" tweeters....run by a 75watt/ch Alpine amp......Navigation updated with 2016 maps/POI...leather is nearly perfect

20170217_101531_zpsnkmu2pcq.jpg

• Like 5

Besides the machine work...yes

Also found out yesterday (first real day of "day to day driving") that it's actually not the radiator leaking.....have a coolant bypass heater hose with a split in it.....it'd be easier to replace the radiator....this one is a bear to get to....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JEFKlipsch said:

Besides the machine work...yes

Also found out yesterday (first real day of "day to day driving") that it's actually not the radiator leaking.....have a coolant bypass heater hose with a split in it.....it'd be easier to replace the radiator....this one is a bear to get to....

It's impressive all the work you did. I spent all day once changing the fuel filter on a 325i ;)

• Like 1

Thanks...dad had a Auto Shop growing up....so kinda born into it....and a big reason I went another direction for a career. I like turning wrenches occasionally....I don't want to "have" to do it everyday. Have plenty of friends that are ASE Mechanics...they love seeing me get my "precious hands" all greasy...lol

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!