The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

12 minutes ago, polizzio said:

We just don't rely upon the government or law enforcement to protect us every moment of the day or night. When cops and criminals are the only one with firearms.....you are in real trouble. Sometimes the police cannot be trusted either. Power and authority corrupts some.

You have a point there, but so far, incidents of cops killing people are thankfully very rare.  In the case of Sammy Yatim, a disturbed young man who brandished a dinner knife (not a steak knife) on a streetcar, the cop who shot him eight times, including a second volley after the young man lay dying on the floor of the empty streetcar, was charged with murder, and served several years in prison.

The other passengers and the operator quickly left the car as soon as it stopped, so the young man was alone in the streetcar, and there were a number of cops surrounding the streetcar.  The killer was standing over twenty feet away, and took it upon himself to shoot, without any immediate threat to him or the other officers.  Very few people thought the killing was justified.

Anyway, this is not what this thread is about, so I’ll stop here.

15 minutes ago, Islander said:

You have a point there, but so far, incidents of cops killing people are thankfully very rare.  In the case of Sammy Yatim, a disturbed young man who brandished a dinner knife (not a steak knife) on a streetcar, the cop who shot him eight times, including a second volley after the young man lay dying on the floor of the empty streetcar, was charged with murder, and served several years in prison.

The other passengers and the operator quickly left the car as soon as it stopped, so the young man was alone in the streetcar, and there were a number of cops surrounding the streetcar.  The killer was standing over twenty feet away, and took it upon himself to shoot, without any immediate threat to him or the other officers.  Very few people thought the killing was justified.

That is simply murder. They had a similar case in South Carolina a couple few ago, cop shot a black man fleeing him several times in the back. Another guy recorded it with his phone. Had he not, the cop probably wouldn't have been charged and convicted.

I'm sure Canada is safer overall from gun violence than the USA. USA has a long long history with firearms, our constitutional right (2nd amendment) to keep and bear arms. Long history of thieves and robbers too.

• Like 1

Don't let this 489 page thread get locked over a gun debate.  I highly recommend changing the subject.  Seen it too many times.  I'm not talking to any one in particular nor referring to any side of the debate.

• Thanks 1

Anyway, this is not what this thread is about, so I’ll stop here.

Cops killing people very rare?? Cops murder people all too often. Period. It's not a new thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Randyh said:

HOW OLD IS HE OR SHE

She is 10 weeks. Ridiculously smart, unrepentantly cute.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Cops killing people very rare?? Cops murder people all too often. Period. It's not a new thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant that it’s a very rare thing in Canada.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, polizzio said:

So my new to me McIntosh MC-150 amp arrived today via FedEx. Unfortunately the power knob took an impact in shipping and broke the glass. Bummer! 

But it sure sounds wonderful with my CW3. My first Mac.

DSC_0063.JPG

Ordered the glass face from McIntosh Labs this morning, they had it in stock, for a 24 yo unit. Got to love that :)  Seller is covering repair cost, sent me the payment.

I now know why owners and reviewers rave over Mac equipment. Superb amplifier, effortless, plenty of reserves. 

• Like 3

My previous pre-pro was an Onkyo TX NR717 AVR.  It was used with an Emotiva XPA-5 gen 1 until the Onk died from the dreaded HDMI daughterboard failure.

Thanks to @Emile I got a nicely matched Emotiva UMC-200 preamp processor.  It has a very sophisticated room correction program which adjusts 11 frequencies of each speaker including the sub.  My CF-4's never sounded better.

Using as 3.2, CF-4's, an Usher MTM center and a pair of Umax 15's with a Inuke 3000dsp.  Sounding pretty good so far in the Mancave.

1325583077_EmotivaUMC-200XPA-5Inuke3000dspKlipschCF-4_800.thumb.jpg.535f87a2ccb4b3be25872a2c875471e5.jpg

Emotiva UMC-200 + XPA-5 + Inuke 3000dsp 1_800.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wines at cost or less from work . 

TV90DdWMQUeZvmIICAcw.jpg

nZKQHvRUZjPQUDGTIlA.jpg

Items like the '97 Silver Fox cab and '98 Kistler chard are too risky to sell to customers . 

$117.00 altogether , not too bad of a haul .

• Like 4

New front glass arrived yesterday from McIntosh Labs so with some advice and gen instructions from @USNRET I got her replaced and looking pristine once again. Gave the amp interior a cleaning too while I had the main cover off. Built like a brick sh*thouse comes to mind.

MC-150 broken glass small.jpg

Mac MC-150 new glass small.jpg

• Like 9

I just picked up a vintage Yamaha.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

was it heavy?  Okay, that started off as a bad joke, but I have a Yamaha that I bought in 2003 and it weighs a ton!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

What model number? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

was it heavy?  Okay, that started off as a bad joke, but I have a Yamaha that I bought in 2003 and it weighs a ton!

My integrated is from the early 80s it has those cool dustless lighted switches.  I cant part with it.

Yamahaa550001.jpg~original

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Very heavy.  390 pounds.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

What model number? 

2005 FZ6.

600 cc, 98 HP, fuel injected, 4-cylinder in-line four, redlines at 14,000.  Twin spar aluminum frame.  And I love the dual exhaust and the fact it has a center stand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now I have to figure out how to tell my wife.  And I thought hiding a sub from her was hard. 

Yamaha FZ6 trailer Dave_small.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1