Which one of you did this

Woofers and Tweeters

22 hours ago, DizRotus said:

We'll know soon what this was all about, as my offer was accepted.  It appears to me that @bhendrix is correct.  If so, my modest investment seems safe. 

Depending upon what arrives, I may use these in my garage or make new 3/4 Baltic birch plywood cabinets for my younger son to use in conjunction with a TH sub.  The squawker driver seems larger than I suspect it really is.  I'll post photos of the Frankenheresies when they arrive, as well as after any transformation.

Psychologically, this was a relatively painless purchase since @The History Kid's payment for a Technics turntable was languishing in my PayPal account.  Just don't tell SWMBO that there's been no net reduction of audio stuff.  Actually, these two Smurf coffins take up more space than a single TT.

This might be a good opportunity to try @ClaudeJ1's "Super Hereseys."

Yes it is a good idea, but the commercial heresy 201's are the size of the grille, so these are MINI boxes with 8" drivers. Since I'm local, I can arm twist and give you some more specific advice on build ding Super Heresy Cabinets if you need it beyond the thread, You would need to spend about $260 for Eminence 12" woofers. I have an extra bass port you can have for free when you come to hear the Hypex amps!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Which ones?

"Vented, the (Eminence) Delta Pro 12A make a superlative mini Cornwall">> DJK (from my Heretical Heresy thread). He agreed with my woofer recommendation in lieu of getting K42's, which are probably the same as the Eminence. IOW, the specs are VERY close.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

"Vented, the (Eminence) Delta Pro 12A make a superlative mini Cornwall">> DJK (from my Heretical Heresy thread). He agreed with my woofer recommendation in lieu of getting K42's, which are probably the same as the Eminence. IOW, the specs are VERY close.

It all depends upon what actually arrives, but I'm seriously considering making a pair of your "Super Heresy."  If the new acquisitions have working K76 tweeters, are they suitable?  I also have a pair of Eminence APT 50 tweeters with APT 200 baby cheeks lenses.

This is turning into stone soup . . . again.

After the delivery, we'll talk.  Do you have any interest in auditioning a Wiener TPA3118 class D chip amp.  It's wired with Speakon connectors, if you have speakers with Speakon female connectors, it would be an easy hook up.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

It all depends upon what actually arrives, but I'm seriously considering making a pair of your "Super Heresy."  If the new acquisitions have working K76 tweeters, are they suitable?  I also have a pair of Eminence APT 50 tweeters with APT 200 baby cheeks lenses.

This is turning into stone soup . . . again.

After the delivery, we'll talk.  Do you have any interest in auditioning a Wiener TPA3118 class D chip amp.  It's wired with Speakon connectors, if you have speakers with Speakon female connectors, it would be an easy hook up.

sure, I'd like to hear what all the fuss is about. All those tweeters are workable. I have some autoformers and various Xover parts, so I'm sure if you just get some good lumber, Super Heresy's can be built at a superlative cost to performance ratio!!

https://www.buya.com/Item/Details/KLIPSCH-Monitor-Speakers-KP-250/41ca314e27734a81b5fbac7b0b095dea

If anyone is interested there is a pair of KP-250's available....missing the grills. $199 plus shipping but the pawn shop will take much lower as they already accepted my offer of $120 plus shipping for a total of $199. I just really don't have anywhere to go with them. Good luck!

Tim

I promised myself I'd wait until the Frankensmurfs are delivered before investing further in @ClaudeJ1's "Super Heresy" speakers, but then I went to PE site to check out Eminence Delta Pro 12A.  Before I knew it, the check out became a checkout.  When I saw an EDP12A on clearance, I couldn't get ahold of my sponsor and pulled the trigger.

Now I need to order some 3/4 Baltic birch to make cabinets.  Does anyone have a cut sheet for Heresy cabinets?  Will I need more than one 4x8 sheet?

FedEx tracking indicates shipped yesterday to arrive by Tuesday 8/8.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I promised myself I'd wait until the Frankensmurfs are delivered before investing further in @ClaudeJ1's "Super Heresy" speakers, but then I went to PE site to check out Eminence Delta 12A.  Before I knew it, the check out became a checkout.  When I saw an ED12A on clearance, I couldn't get ahold of my sponsor and pulled the trigger.

Now I need to order some 3/4 Baltic birch to make cabinets.  Does anyone have a cut sheet for Heresy cabinets?  Will I need more than one 4x8 sheet?

FedEx tracking indicates shipped yesterday to arrive by Tuesday 8/8.

https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-delta-pro-12a-12-cast-frame-driver--290-510

I think you may have ordered the wrong woofer.

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I ordered two of the woofers at the link above.  Is the link to the correct woofer?

A build thread has been started here:

Those are the ones, but the description of them in your post was truncated/abbreviated, so I wanted to make sure you got the correct ones. All good.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:57 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

. . . I'm sure if you just get some good lumber, Super Heresy's can be built at a superlative cost to performance ratio!!

Picked up 4x8 3/4 Baltic birch today.  Eminence woofers arrived.  Frankensmurfs due tomorrow.

• Like 1