Hurricane Irma 2017

Travis In Austin

obviously that would be a break for the Gulf Coast and not so much for the Atlantic coast, but I'm also thinking the Atlantic is cooler than the gulf, and would help to keep the storm less dangerous than if it got into the warm gulf waters, no?

40 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

We're having a cold front hit in a couple days.  That front may be the reason it's steering away from the gulf.

That could be a good thing for Texas. Yes Keys are usually first to leave. Getting  some preps done here, just in case.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

That could be a good thing for Texas. Yes Keys are usually first to leave. Getting  some preps done here, just in case.

Yep, that's a good thing, my ex is still in Cocoa but not beachside. Actually I'm keeping an eye on it, after Hugo being here 200 miles inland it's nothing for a monster 185 mph sustained storm to reach. Only time I've seen that speed is up in Concord at the speedway. D*mn Scary. The guy on the weather channel (think it was Paul Goodloe) said just 15 minutes ago "The dark in the eye on the satellite/radar is THE FLOOR of the Atlantic":ohmy: The freakin sand at the bottom of the sea!

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Yep, that's a good thing, my ex is still in Cocoa but not beachside. Actually I'm keeping an eye on it, after Hugo being here 200 miles inland it's nothing for a monster 185 mph sustained storm to reach. Only time I've seen that speed is up in Concord at the speedway. D*mn Scary. The guy on the weather channel (think it was Paul Goodloe) said just 15 minutes ago "The dark in the eye on the satellite/radar is THE FLOOR of the Atlantic":ohmy: The freakin sand at the bottom of the sea!

Have some family about 45 miles inland around east of Gainesville so will be watching them,, and what they do. Yes Cocoa is is nice but,  not a place to be as you know if...at least she is not beachside then. That sounds like a well defined system alright. We are keeping an eye on it, for sure. Thanks!