Hurricane Irma 2017

Travis In Austin

Parkersburg, WV Walmart on a Wed night.  I was picking up a case of water just because I was out.  I saw a guy with at least 8 cases of water and another 6 or 7 gallons of drinking water, he had nothing else in his cart.  We are at least 1800 miles from Miami and it is several days before Irma is scheduled to make landfall.

Do you think Irma has gotten anybody's attention?

Image00001dave.jpg

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Parkersburg, WV Walmart on a Wed night.  I was picking up a case of water just because I was out.  I saw a guy with at least 8 cases of water and another 6 or 7 gallons of drinking water, he had nothing else in his cart.  We are at least 1800 miles from Miami and it is several days before Irma is scheduled to make landfall.

Do you think Irma has gotten anybody's attention?

Image00001dave.jpg

Only makes sense to me. I would think anyone that lives in a coastal city and in particular during peak hurricane months would Always have a good supply of drinking water. Why everyone waits until 3-4 days before crap hits the fan to stock up on something as needed and inexpensive as water is beyond me. Heck I'm in KC and have 10 or so cases of flavored water and the same of tea. 

While watching for the turn north according to NOAA that should be occurring by or before 7PM Saturday, going to continue prep. for a Hurricane, or at least possible tropical storm wind. Looking at the network, local weather channels, there still exists some of the trails out into the near gulf side of 

Florida. Think Carl and others correct in saying anything over 3 days more speculative. Thinking that I will find today what we are after and water not a concern for us. By tomorrow then, should be covered and ready. Keeping things relaxed after that until we could act, should not be a problem, I hope.

Good Fortune.:emotion-21:

• Like 1