Lost at sea

Woofers and Tweeters

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Check out the bike..

What bike? :D

I only noticed the bike in the picture when Sammy Hagar's sister is facing the camera.

To have packed a year's worth of food and water for 2 people and 2 dogs to take a month long trip? It looks like the mast and sail in good enough condition to use. And what about the chit smeared on the side of the boat. ARRR, I has had a boat that lives in the water year around, it never grew that much algae and what little did grow was a straight line at the water level. 

Book deal or were they hoping for a movie?

171025-n-ux013-119.jpg

Soooo, according to the lost sailors' statement:
1) "EPIRB calls are for people who are in an immediate life threatening scenario," the statement said. "It would be shameful to call on the USCG resources when not in imminent peril and allow someone else to perish because of it."

2) "Had they not been able to locate us, we would have been dead within 24 hours," Appel said earlier, during a news conference on the deck of the ship.

Sorta conflicting huh?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

The blond kind of looks like Chuck:wacko:

Ok you're right, :huh: I was looking at the picture with the motorcycle, unless the back looks completely different than the front ? But either way you ruined it for me, I now see Chuck. :unsure:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dtel said:

I was looking at the picture with the motorcycle, unless the back looks completely different than the front ?

Yes, the front looks completely different from the back (motorcycle shot)

The link posted by @MetropolisLakeOutfitters was hilarious!  The author was not amused by the BS of these two ladies and sounded like he knew exactly what he was talking about.  I heard from Day 1 they didn't bother to turn on their emergency beacon so it sounded fishy from the very start.

Here you go @dtel, if you weren't so married, the woman of your dreams!  :wub:

ap17301061651373.jpg?w=768

• Moderators

Even though she was lost at sea for a good while which would make anyone look worse, I still see Chuck. :sad:

Seen this before,  once sitting at a bar on a cruise ship having a drink and taking some pic's I took this pic, a few minutes later she got up and turned around to walk off and I almost fell off my chair. :huh2: I don't care what people look like but that's like false advertisement, and more than anything surprising. :ph34r2:

conquest_10_2013_(18).JPG

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

What bike? :D

I only noticed the bike in the picture when Sammy Hagar's sister is facing the camera.

To have packed a year's worth of food and water for 2 people and 2 dogs to take a month long trip? It looks like the mast and sail in good enough condition to use. And what about the chit smeared on the side of the boat. ARRR, I has had a boat that lives in the water year around, it never grew that much algae and what little did grow was a straight line at the water level. 

Book deal or were they hoping for a movie?

171025-n-ux013-119.jpg

Wouldn't 50 foot waves beat the algae off? Looks like it smells of rotten tuna IMO

Mark

• Moderators
On 10/29/2017 at 2:36 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

And what about the chit smeared on the side of the boat. ARRR,

That's the side they hung their butts over, you may be exactly right with your description. :huh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The blond kind of looks like Chuck:wacko:

You sir won the internet today....bravo!!!:D:o:P

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Ok you're right, :huh: I was looking at the picture with the motorcycle, unless the back looks completely different than the front ? But either way you ruined it for me, I now see Chuck. :unsure:

Bike pic is probably 10 years old.