Please respect John McCain and his legacy

jimjimbo

1 minute ago, rebuy said:

If people are too dumb to understand what I write as not being offensive, they're the ones with the problem.

This includes the one who gave me the "Warning Point".

Uncalled for and unfair.

Shit happens.  Been there, done that.  Don't worry about it.  I  recommend spinning "Thick as a Brick" by Jethro Tull.  It rocks.

• Like 2

Rebuy, I got no problem with your comments because...well...I really haven't read them.....but if that's you in your avatar, you're one ugly MF'er. [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I don't need nor desire you to "defend" me.  Your fellow self serving redneck hillbilly egg needs all the help he can get.

Nice to see that you are staying out of the name calling here Jim. I differ on some of your idealogy but value you as a friend. Chill TFO and let it go shipmate,

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I don't need nor desire you to "defend" me.  Your fellow self serving redneck hillbilly egg needs all the help he can get.

You know, in the heat of a tragedy we can all be on edge.  Forgiveness goes a long way.

With all the personal attacks it sounds like this topic needs to be locked.  For the second time because apparently after it was locked the first time the mods deemed it appropriate to allow it to surface again with the same result.

Better such hot button topics should be better expressed on our own Facebook page.

Just now, wvu80 said:

With all the personal attacks it sounds like this topic needs to be locked.  For the second time because apparently after it was locked the first time the mods deemed it appropriate to allow it to surface again with the same result.

I admit your posts offend me more than most, but this thread doesn't need to be locked just because you can't keep from clicking on it. 

• Like 2

What isn't here shouldn't divide us. We all have common ground and honestly our passion for audio and horns should overcome anything we have no control over which in a round about way includes political views or judgement.  

If the you know what hit the fan here in the great U.S. and we all lived in the same community or town, i think we would all pull together and help each other.  Aim for the butt if you shoot the arrows, but if you do just remember we are all going to be sitting at the same table here like always so wear your long sleeved shirts. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zen Traveler said:

I admit your posts offend me more than most, but this thread doesn't need to be locked just because you can't keep from clicking on it. 

I get notifications when somebody quotes my posts.  I'm not reading the thread for its content, I was trying to be a peace maker.

I'd rather focus on what we have in common which is Klipsch speakers and keep politics and name calling off these page.

Dave, let's not forget that you used the terms "redneck" and "hillbilly".  Maybe if I said "I was just joking", everything would be ok......no.

Suggesting that it be locked will not make it so.  Disrespecting the subject, then backtracking because you were called out is apparently OK.

2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:
6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Better such hot button topics should be better expressed on our own Facebook page.

I missed this--What Facebook page? 

I was speaking in general, I could have used Youtube, Reddit, Twitter, etc.  The point being there are many other outlets for personal attacks and those should NOT be tolerated on the Klipsch Discussion Forums.  That's not why I post here and I don't want to read them.

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The point being there are many other outlets for personal attacks and those should NOT be tolerated on the Klipsch Discussion Forums.  That's not why I post here and I don't want to read them.

As you know I am not a fan of personal attacks and will once again point out that not everything is about you. I say that respectfully and in response to your post. 

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Dave, let's not forget that you used the terms "redneck" and "hillbilly".  Maybe if I said "I was just joking", everything would be ok......no.

Suggesting that it be locked will not make it so.  Disrespecting the subject, then backtracking because you were called out is apparently OK.

Thank you for pointing it out.

Edited by Zen Traveler
clarification
  • Like 1

I am sad with the passing of John McCain. I doubt if my politics aligns completely with anyone else’s. Here and elsewhere. Do not sweat it. 

He had to be one tough SOB. The type of injuries and then torture he received in North Vietnam permanently effected many returning Veterans. It seemed to make his resolve and work ethic stronger. 

I think McCain was an anomaly. A honest politician. Was in it because he cared about this Great Country. Gave more to it than almost everyone. Way more than me. 

The fact his beliefs were different than mine is minor. We do not all have to agree. 

His family is rightfully proud of his Legacy. If he had made a better choice for running mate I think he would have become President of this Great Country.

He said a real funny about losing the election. He commented that he had been sleeping like a baby after the 2008 election loss. Said he would sleep for two hours, wake up and cry. Then fall asleep again and sleep for two more hours. Then wake up and cry some more.

• Like 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Jim, I was trying to be disarming to all sides, equally. 

You did not call @rebuy a redneck, I did, but I can say that to him and he can say that to me and we would both laugh.  To us it's just kind of the way we talk, it's part of our culture.  He lives about a half hour from me and we "know" each other, even though we haven't met.

I'm telling you, he's a good person and nothing he wrote regarding the subject matter was intended to be disrespectful.  That's the way I took it, and he confirmed my educated guess. 

Nothing can be accomplished with name calling.

6 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

As you know I am not a fan of personal attacks and will once again point out that not everything is about you. I say that respectfully and in response to your post. 

Thanks Zen.  Respectfully is the way I took it.   :emotion-21:

+++

BTW, I don't think anybody has attacked me in this thread.  I was probably not as clear as I could have been.