Please respect John McCain and his legacy

jimjimbo

5 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:
7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Nothing lockable here as far as I can see.  I request the OP for permission to go full oldtimer mode....

Yea, what the hell....

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Noted.  Not that I will....but....

My finger is on the report button.......Wait. No it isn't. 😎

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, moray james said:

It is always better to abstain from posting if you have nothing positive to say. When feelings run high some feel it difficult to not express themselves. This would accommodate those people and still allow others who want to show their respects to do so. We don't have to agree but we need to get along.

Post of the month.

Looking death in the face, even at a distance, even concerning someone we didn't know, stirs anxiety nonetheless.

Anxiety casts about for relief, in humor, attack, grief and depression.

We need to resolve, again, to make our lives count, as John did..

From Dunne:

Any man's death diminishes me ...

Therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

it tolls for thee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I watched a bit of 'Mama Called' on PBS earlier tonight and learned something that I had never heard before. Upon his death an inspirational poem was found in Paul 'Bear' Bryant's wallet. It was given to him by a motivational speaker from Texas, Heartsill Wilson. Here it is.

“This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss — good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Max2 said:

What isn't here shouldn't divide us. We all have common ground and honestly our passion for audio and horns should overcome anything we have no control over which in a round about way includes political views or judgement.  

Cute.  Our passion for horns should overcome anything.  Viva la K77!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:
18 hours ago, moray james said:

It is always better to abstain from posting if you have nothing positive to say. When feelings run high some feel it difficult to not express themselves. This would accommodate those people and still allow others who want to show their respects to do so. We don't have to agree but we need to get along.

Post of the month.

Works for the NFL...

• Like 1

Sure, the thread has hints of politics in it since McCain was a notable politician.  Nonetheless, it's not that hard to bite your tongue and let people express their grief or condolences.  

The following (to paraphrase this thread) is not proper decorum:

Me:  My uncle died.  I'm sad.

You:  Your uncle was a turd.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Sure, the thread has hints of politics in it since McCain was a notable politician.  Nonetheless, it's not that hard to bite your tongue and let people express their grief or condolences.  

The following (to paraphrase this thread) is not proper decorum:

I for one, would like to here from one single poster on this thread, an actually personal moment they had with John McCain that would absolutely be remembered by the McCain family? I call BS here, as I don't believe we have a single member on this thread, that knew McCain, except via politics!

Roger

1 minute ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I for one, would like to here from one single poster on this thread, an actually personal moment they had with John McCain that would absolutely be remembered by the McCain family? I call BS here, as I don't believe we have a single member on this thread, that knew McCain, except via politics!

Roger

They probably never shook hands with David Bowie, either.

Obituaries are common.  Nothing special about this one.