1979 Klipschorns, in Brazilian Rosewood - $6500 (North Phoenix)

weziewoo

7 hours ago, Gorm said:

Wow...I could see those selling for 3000-4000, but not 6500. One can dream...

I agree with Gorm and his $3-4K assessment.  The Brazilian veneer is rare and and it is value added, but it doesn't double the value of the speaker IMHO.

1 hour ago, RagingBullWinkle said:

Why is it some feel the need to claim they know what the market will bear? I think they are beautiful, never seen another pair like them and can totally see them going north of 6K  good luck with the sale.

Mr. Gorm didn't claim to know anything, he was just expressing an opinion based on his knowledge and experience.  I do the same kind of thing because it's part of the way I enjoy the audio hobby.  It's fun to guess.

I can also agree with part of what you said Mr. Bullwinkle.  All it takes to get those speakers to $6K is a willing Seller and the right Buyer, a willing Buyer.

And whatever the rest of us think, doesn't matter.  B)

• Like 1

They are one of the best looking k-horns that I’ve seen. And I’ve seen a lot and have owned 3 sets. I don’t see why he would not get his asking price or pretty close to it
They are a rare order of the veneer and look 100% new or as close to new as you can get
I’ve seen some go for over 15k just because they had some upgrades like volts or bob C parts in them. There are worth what someone will pay. I wish him luck on getting his asking price
Just remember this
Every time someone sells a Klipsch speaker real cheap. It hurts all of us on the resale value for our speakers that we have or will sell. So I like to see the selling prices stay at a fare and high price. It helps with insurance claims as well. They look at a 5 year history of used prices of items like the Klipsch speakers. If you paid 1150 for a single Klipsch KI-102 speaker and they see that they are selling for 200 each on the used market, then your screwed out of your investment. Just saying

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I don’t see why he would not get his asking price or pretty close to it

I do.  I track Khorn prices.  B)

There was an identical pair of Brazilian Rosewood Khorns 1977 listed in Phoenix Feb 2017 for $2999.  Didn't sell.

There was a pair of Persian Nut Lacquer on Ebay in Little Rock for $5000 in June 2017.  They were relisted twice.  No bids.

I have other examples of high dollar Khorns with exotic finishes that didn't sell, but you get the idea.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I do.  I track Khorn prices.  B)

There was an identical pair of Brazilian Rosewood Khorns 1977 listed in Phoenix Feb 2017 for $2999.  Didn't sell.

There was a pair of Persian Nut Lacquer on Ebay in Little Rock for $5000 in June 2017.  They were relisted twice.  No bids.

I have other examples of high dollar Khorns with exotic finishes that didn't sell, but you get the idea.

Now if there were JUBILEE Klipschorns, with K402's and TADs, they would have been gone in an hour.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

We've been down at our place here in Scottsdale and I watched these to see if the seller was going to drop his price to something close to actual value. Seller never did but listing ended last week so they're either sold or that was the price the seller sold his spouse on (as to actual worth). 😉

Wb

• Haha 1

But but but.... It has been established here a week ago that there is ZERO difference in any Amplifier, AVR or integrated.   10000 people were blindfolded and no one with ears could tell the difference.   It's why hifI is still around right?   Because no one can hear the difference?  LONG LIVE BOSE!  FORGET Klipsch. 

• Haha 1