JohnJ

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

nice thoughts ...nothing more to say Dave except ..thank you for sharing our international online friendship

Such a poignant thing to say Geoge and ya hit a nerve so I'm gonna throw something out there as food for thought as to why I'm sooo batsheet crazy.  It's also why I picked up a couple copies of the UHQR Analogue Productions "Are You Experienced" album.  I've opened one and played it 3 times.  The fourth time will be after I finish typing this.  The other copy is for my youngest daughter to put away forever as a keepsake from me.  It's gonna be lengthy but read.  It's the real deal.  A few here know bits and pieces but it's time to lay it out there I guess.  No reason to lie cause it'll bite you every time.

I was deep into music in the 60's and graduated in 1967.  Hendrix hit Cbus, Ohio in '69 and tickets by phone sold out in 16 minutes.  I was going.  Period.  Some how.  Some way. I had an idea.  Since I dumped trash a couple times a week @ a local small town radio station I thought it might work. (The station owner went to my church and asked me if I wanted a part time job.  lol)  I called the venue and asked who the promoter was and the lady gave me his name and number.  I called the guy, told him I worked for a radio station and wanted to do a couple sound bites.  He said find me the night of the show and I'll hook ya up basically. 

So a buddy of mine who lugged my high dollar Sony deck, I returned later cause I sure couldn't pay for it, all nite and I went and we found him.  We're IN! 

BUT some things transpired back stage w/the cops, who were dead set on busting them for anything, stirred the pot.   He stopped interviews cause he was hot over it.  I worked the angle harder after that and the guy got us access to the hotel after the show.

We watched the show from the orchestra pit leaning on the stage right in front of him 4' away.  He saw us and our looks and laffed.  He didn't do the entire "Are You Experienced" lp but a lot of it.  He also remembered we were right in front of him later when we met him in his room.  Just two girls in front of us then it was our turn to go in.

He asked if we were experienced.  I was clueless but he was wide awake just like we were so it progressed.  The three of us talking about everything in the universe.  Planets, other people on the planets, the vast depth that could be out there.  This was in 1969 and he was light years into it all.  Crazy right?  We we're both sooo lost but he certainly wasn't.  Somehow I came up with "the cosmology of nothingness."  He totally flipped out when I said that.  He said no one had ever looked at it that way.  People out there didn't mean anything to us and we didn't mean anything to them.  It was about our perception of life as humans on this planet.  It was crazy cause I still didn't get it but then all of a sudden outta no where it made perfect sense.  From that point on I was "Experienced."

Listen to the lyrics and apply what I just told you.  It's the way I've lived my life since that point in time.  People are just people living in some semblance of "worldly" order but is that what it's all really about?  Why can't the people of the world just get along and be civil, open, honest and real?  That's what just baffles me.  Is it asking too much of mankind?  I lay it out there.  Be real, be honest, have fun, have friends wherever they may be.  That's why my door is always open.  It's about sharing the love of mankind.  The rest of it out there is just the "cosmology of nothingness!"

Here's the tune, listen to the lyrics and apply as needed.  I know you will and I know others will and not say a word.  I'm good with that.  Why?  I'm experienced.    Just sharin the love.

There's more to the story but I'll save that for another time.

20 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I mentioned that because the meaning of BAD when the song was released was GOOD 

Stupid I know and not sure if the meaning is still inverse 

Geez, I just finished a short novel and NOT starting another one!  roflmao!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Haven't heard that 12 bar blues yet. It'll be on my list when I can listen on something besides my phone!

It’s interesting and seems more personal than his STP work. I haven’t gotten through the whole cd yet.

My audio stuff is set up in what’s currently an 82ºf , 72% rh room. Not tube season : [

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

It's been a while since I've heard any music that loud!

Shouldn't be too long, going on a realtor expedition starting Monday. They call back from the sandhills, but I don't want to be in that region. In the hills where they are selling overnight... nada.

Got a full tank and going to catch one or two!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

was in a better mood today , but spinning vinyl is too exhausting, I have to walk too much , so I prefer to put on cd's in the momet , I spun the blues minimalist Mr. Eric Ribb as SACD 

Eric.thumb.jpg.e96786ab4b475cda2b8783ab407e8c98.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

was in a better mood today , but spinning vinyl is too exhausting, I have to walk too much , so I prefer to put on cd's in the momet , I spun the blues minimalist Mr. Eric Ribb as SACD 

Eric.thumb.jpg.e96786ab4b475cda2b8783ab407e8c98.jpg

That's a nice heavy beat, just what I like.

JJK

• Like 4

That is some good intricate music to listen to through your new gear.

Still have to commend that company for the shapes of the front of their components. Looks kind of chunky or beefy if you will. Also resembles some kinds of rock crystals with the facets on the face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Still have to commend that company for the shapes of the front of their components. Looks kind of chunky or beefy if you will. Also resembles some kinds of rock crystals with the facets on the face.

The casework is non magnetic die cast alloy 

So probably not much can be done aesthetically

So just pretend it’s an ingot of gold and you will be OK 🤘

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

So I´m not the only one! 😋

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Yea guys, I looked up Cyrus a couple months back when Paul and George were talking about them.

Who's, where's Ringo? Must be you Andre!

Interesting design just stands out to me

I will post a brief review after a settling in period of the Cyrus 8 XP for you 

Note this model was made from 2010 to 2015 and variants till current year 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1